Rachel Kempf

Lucid Dreaming

18 posts in this topic

 OK I want to hear from anyone who's ever had a lucid dream .  From what I understand lucid dreaming is where you are I'll wear that you are dreaming and you have control in your dreams .  I am a very active dreamer and I have done this a few times .  For those of you who have meditated or had an out of body experience is there a good comparison between lucid dreaming an out of body experience?...  I'm trying to learn how to meditate .  I just can't seem to do it .

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

duration is so important I literally started with 3 minutes. I could do no longer, couldn't do it. So I did what I could. Then i went to 5 minutes, then 10, then 15 and now I probably could do it for half an hour. Beyond that my brain's like "come on Aaron we got shit to do..." 

Out of body experiences are real experiences and are done while you are awake. Lucid dreaming is where you are asleep and in control, you create the reality. Whereas with out of body experiences you go to another reality, where you are not the creator of it. It exists independently of you. Out of body experiences can also be unsafe if you carry in the wrong kind of energy. Very similar to the Law of attraction. They are interesting and expand your consciousness. Very beneficial. Hope that helps :)

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

@Rachel Kempf Synchronicity at its'best! Thank you for opening this thread I was actually thinking of opening one last night but then I had to do something else. 

While I'm asleep I dream alot; I dream everyday and most dreams comes true next morning or the day after so in a way I know in advance if there is a major event (good or bad).  My dreams have been vivid for the last two/three years.  I consider myself a lucid dreamer because I tend to control the incidents in the dreams. But at times I'm addicted to creating in the dream because I consciously continue the dreams to other episodes so to speak lol. I actually want to stop this habit but I don't know how. Perhaps @authorofdarkness can shed some light on this :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well yes, but this habit suggests to me that you are discontented with your reality. Or it could be something that you just enjoy doing and it may not be harmful, unless you are using it to escape from something 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucid dreaming is astral projection that is not done while awake. Every time you dream, you are having an out of body experience in the astral realm that is either lucid or not. The astral realm is where you create your reality much faster.

Also, addiction is never good since it's based on fear. You want to transcend fear.

Edited by Kalki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

. Out of body experiences can also be unsafe if you carry in the wrong kind of energy. Very similar to the Law of attraction. They are interesting and expand your consciousness. Very beneficial. Hope that helps :)

Could you please explain on this a little more?

I think I've only experienced partial OBE. It happened to me once and i was very aware and conscious about what had started happening. I saw a very bright light and i could feel its magnetic field. As i started moving closer to it , i got scared and fell back ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 6/24/2016 at 11:51 AM, Rachel Kempf said:

 OK I want to hear from anyone who's ever had a lucid dream .  From what I understand lucid dreaming is where you are I'll wear that you are dreaming and you have control in your dreams .  I am a very active dreamer and I have done this a few times .  For those of you who have meditated or had an out of body experience is there a good comparison between lucid dreaming an out of body experience?...  I'm trying to learn how to meditate .  I just can't seem to do it .

A dream is an out of body experience.

There's no difference between the two.

Its harder for you to meditate because thats going to take far more diligent and relaxed practice.  You have to ignore your senses and let consciousness fade thinking only of your breath, numbers you count or nothing at all.

Keep practicing and take trying out of your vocabulary.

Trying means its not working and everything you say or think affects your reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2016 at 11:51 AM, Rachel Kempf said:

I'm trying to learn how to meditate .  I just can't seem to do it .

The point is to reduce the thoughts density in order to open space for other senses. Watch your thoughts as they come and let go. Allow negative thoughts. Pay attention to any weird sensations. I think when I started I heard a lot of "static noise" in my head

Also, try guided meditations. Here's one 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 24, 2016 at 4:59 PM, authorofdarkness said:

duration is so important I literally started with 3 minutes. I could do no longer, couldn't do it. So I did what I could. Then i went to 5 minutes, then 10, then 15 and now I probably could do it for half an hour. Beyond that my brain's like "come on Aaron we got shit to do..." 

Out of body experiences are real experiences and are done while you are awake. Lucid dreaming is where you are asleep and in control, you create the reality. Whereas with out of body experiences you go to another reality, where you are not the creator of it. It exists independently of you. Out of body experiences can also be unsafe if you carry in the wrong kind of energy. Very similar to the Law of attraction. They are interesting and expand your consciousness. Very beneficial. Hope that helps :)

Hello Aaron! Thanks for commenting! I didn't realize out of body experiences could be dangerous. I will check that off my bucket list lol. I don't need anything else to fear. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 24, 2016 at 9:23 PM, Teena said:

@Rachel Kempf Synchronicity at its'best! Thank you for opening this thread I was actually thinking of opening one last night but then I had to do something else. 

While I'm asleep I dream alot; I dream everyday and most dreams comes true next morning or the day after so in a way I know in advance if there is a major event (good or bad).  My dreams have been vivid for the last two/three years.  I consider myself a lucid dreamer because I tend to control the incidents in the dreams. But at times I'm addicted to creating in the dream because I consciously continue the dreams to other episodes so to speak lol. I actually want to stop this habit but I don't know how. Perhaps @authorofdarkness can shed some light on this :) 

Teena! I never know what's going to happen the next day .... That would be very useful! Lol I just dream and I always remember my dreams when I wake. Lately I have been dreaming of fish and having a huge aquarium in my yard.... I wonder what this means. I wish I knew what all my dreams meant. Sometimes I can tell, it's obvious. But other times I have what I call "bull" dreams. It does not seem to be about anything, just my brain seeing pictures. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 24, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Kalki said:

Lucid dreaming is astral projection that is not done while awake. Every time you dream, you are having an out of body experience in the astral realm that is either lucid or not. The astral realm is where you create your reality much faster.

Also, addiction is never good since it's based on fear. You want to transcend fear.

Whoa! I love this explanation! It fits so well. That is literally how I would describe it! Creating my reality instantly! In lucid dreaming I think about what I want to happen and it does! I like spending time with my Grandma in lucid dreams. She passed away in 2013 ? I miss her. Because I'm with her in my dreams, could this mean I'm actually with her?  I can't get the thought out of my head that dreams are just dreams.  That's what I was taught as a child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

 

18 minutes ago, Rachel Kempf said:

Teena! I never know what's going to happen the next day .... That would be very useful! Lol I just dream and I always remember my dreams when I wake. Lately I have been dreaming of fish and having a huge aquarium in my yard.... I wonder what this means. I wish I knew what all my dreams meant. Sometimes I can tell, it's obvious. But other times I have what I call "bull" dreams. It does not seem to be about anything, just my brain seeing pictures. Lol

@Rachel Kempf An aquarium in a dream wow doesn't it signifies abundance? I have heard if you dream of fish you will receive money. I'm not a dream interpreter but have heard that from grand ma. But I think it depends on your experience. I also think it is good to pay attention to how you feel in the dream because that might be synonymous with the feelings you are going to experience the next day. I sometimes take note on dreams and observe the events next day or two however I had dreams that came true three weeks after so I can't really pin down a time frame. When you analyse the past patterns of dreams you tend to get an idea of how to interpret your own. lol your brain seeing pictures? perhaps if you write down you will be able to see a pattern. I'm a hopeless dreamer hahaha I forgive myself for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rachel Kempf said:

Whoa! I love this explanation! It fits so well. That is literally how I would describe it! Creating my reality instantly! In lucid dreaming I think about what I want to happen and it does! I like spending time with my Grandma in lucid dreams. She passed away in 2013 ? I miss her. Because I'm with her in my dreams, could this mean I'm actually with her?  I can't get the thought out of my head that dreams are just dreams.  That's what I was taught as a child.

Yes, you are likely with her. The dream world is the place between Earth and Heaven.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now