taylor1348

Suicide is not intrinsically bad

Suicide is not intrinsically bad

I feel kind of angry that many people think it's wrong to commit suicide no matter what, and that it's even illegal in some countries. Sometimes killing yourself is wrong, like in some situations in which you have children that you need to take care of and if you die they wouldn't be able to take care of themselves, but that does not mean it's always wrong. What if you are living a bad life and want to die so you can reincarnate and start a new one? In this case suicide would eliminate your suffering. People who care about you would miss you and would suffer if you die, but what if you were suffering more than they would if you died?

I feel like there's a social stigma around suicide, and that human society is still too conservative in general. I also think that so many people on Earth don't know what happens to them when they die or believe that they would stop existing when they die, so this contributes to opposing suicide.

I know that there are also cases in which a person is considered mentally ill (for example, they have depression) and if they're suicidal because of their illness they're considered a threat to themselves and society prevents them from committing suicide (which is considered saving them), but the situation is not always like this. People should have the freedom to do what they want to do. Also, in most cases people who are suicidal are depressed and suffering and shouldn't be shamed or told that they are bad people or cowards.

Maybe this is kind of random to post, but the attitude of most people towards suicide is one of the things that I think should change in society.

I'm wondering too, why by side of supermarket recycling facilities no body created yet section for self service suicide with various options...

I'm not angry, but sorry this perspective makes me feel sick. 

I can understand this on the basis of natural subjective inheritance. The same applies to Vincent's response.

It would be a breach of free will to actively prevent people from doing it, however I only find a problem with it if there is an exploitation in these tendencies or use of free will. By someone saying "you have the right to commit suicide", this could be used as a purposeful inadvertent measure of manipulation. I.e. trying to probe and persuade people to do it, which is also itself a free will violation.

I come from a viewpoint of primordial perspective which states no existence of state of inheritance: Event > (Physical / Emotional / Mental Stimulus Reaction) > Interpretation > Concept > Interpretation > Meaning > Action > Result = Cycle Event.

Or, an event which is merely a definition of a circumstance, environment, action, function and one other one I forgot, when observed, forms an interpretation of said event (now realizing observation and interpretation can also be classified as one of those types). This interpretation forms a concept of what happened in said event. I.e. "He sat down.", which then creates the interpretation of inference of meaning such as "he sat down because he might be tired", or it could just be left as "he sat down" as that can still be an innate expression of inference or implication, "he sat down because he sat down / because he wanted to."

I.e. It may be 'seen; as "good" or "bad", "right" or "wrong" because it can only ever be interpreted, inferred or implied as such on the basis on subjective principle.

I feel like there's a social stigma around suicide, and that human society is still too conservative in general. I also think that so many people on Earth don't know what happens to them when they die or believe that they would stop existing when they die, so this contributes to opposing suicide.

because of their illness they're considered a threat to themselves and society prevents them from committing suicide (which is considered saving them), but the situation is not always like this.

I've just summed it up it a nutshell. This is a good reference example.

In this case suicide would eliminate your suffering

I know that there are also cases in which a person is considered mentally ill (for example, they have depression)

The same premise also applies to the idea of suffering and "mental illness" as well as their opposites. Depression pretty much runs on a similar basis but has a bit more depth. At the end of the day, it's just a matter of how it can be observed and perceived.

and shouldn't be shamed or told that they are bad people or cowards.

True (relatively speaking) but "should" and "shouldn't" is subject to the same basis. Terms like; "is", "are", "should", "will", "must", "does" etc can only ever be implied or inferred as subjective formality. They are merely objectified interpretations of "may" and "can". A self referencing statement of subjectivity, mind, but you see the example of how the mechanics work.

Edited by Inquisitor
  • Downvote 1

"Also, in most cases people who are suicidal are depressed and suffering and shouldn't be shamed or told that they are bad people or cowards."

This, most of all. I used to be suicidal on the regular, and quite simply put, the people who are dogmatic and judgemental about suicide were as much contributors to my issue as were the other, outside forces. It isn't possible to have a reasoned discussion about suicide with attitudes like that around, and at the end of the day, a reasoned discussion is the *only* thing that's going to help.someone who's suicidal, not some bullshit morally righteous attitude that it's 'sickening'. I say this both as someone who used to be suicidal (and still is, on occasion), but also as someone who's talked multiple people out of wanting it as well. No-one is helped by dogma or judgement.

I feel as though many people who make these judgements about suicide (and are so disgusting in their language and attitudes towards the people who are willing to discuss it in real terms... that is, the people most likely to be affected by it and are the ones who need to be real and open about it) are huge contributors to the problem. A lot, in my experience, have no real experience of the mindset, and are thus totally unequipped to discuss it on anything but the most superficial, dogmatic way. The entire matter would be best served by those people not engaging in it. If it makes you feel digust and you're not able to put that aside, then basically put: You're part of the problem.

Edited by Done Now

You made a couple very good points.

@Inquisitor  i agree with you that if people are in that much pain the absolutely should be able to end it all if so they choose to.

But I've found that There are better ways. In fact there are ways to kill your ego without killing yourself for good.

for ex. There is a reason why they call ayahuasca "la pequeña muerte" -> "the little death".  if you catch my drift.

Si if someone has a death wish they should be able to satisfy that desire but it doesn't have to be a permanent death.

Several decades ago it was no discussions to hear around like this, yes internet flood of information drives your life looks virtually, like Candy Crush game, where you have a spear life or someone can borrow when you out of yours.  From universe perspective to kill yourself is equal to kill someone else, if you think you in a dead end road this is only your thoughts, your body is nothing to do with a situation you're in. It's just your limited perspective where you accepting that as THATS THE END. It's problem of society, when I mentioned recycling part for suicide that's my black joke, of course in these days in each supermarket supposed to be mental help center with instant therapist help, instead when feeling critical and going to GP, they giving you appointment next week or later, makes you feel just worse

Edited by vincent

I've also heard from Teal and others on here that since its done from a low vibrational state that you reincarnate into something similar. But then leaving out the point that if you do it from a high vibrational place that too would carry over. And you can have a high vibration when doing it. Why not empower the people attempting this instead of giving them the idea their pain is never ending.