Sign in to follow this  
BETTY JIA

Diagnosed with Plantar Warts - Need help!

Diagnosed with Plantar Warts - Need help!

My dermatologist diagnosed me with Plantar Warts. A few weeks back, I experienced sudden pain and difficulty while walking and standing. And I found black dots on the surface of my foot and toes. I kept it untreated as I thought they will go away on their own. But the pain got severe the next day. So I consulted the dermatologist. The doctor prescribed Salicylic acid topical. I applied it for a week but it didn't work and I doubt the warts are spreading to the neighboring areas of my feet. I was hearing about plantar warts for the first time then. So I googled to know more about it. Plantar warts are skin growth, which is caused by a viral infection in the top layer of the skin. The virus that causes plantar warts is called Human Papilloma virus(HPV). But my dermatologist didn't say anything about HPV virus. Are all plantar warts caused by HPV? I want it removed as soon as possible. My friend suggested undergoing wart removal treatment from Toronto. Is this treatment effective? Please share your views and suggestions!