New, Old souls

:5:Hello fellow tribe members! 

I was wondering if any old souls are on here because I was told I am old soul but I’m not sure but does anyone know how to help an old soul feel motivated  because it’s hard for me. I guess since I have been here multiple times I just feel like I am floating here on earth. I want to do something but I haven’t  found the right note to play. Or also new souls I would like to know how you guys view things in life. Or does it not matter if you are a new or old soul?

2 minutes ago, Kathleen Rosales said:

Edited by Kathleen Rosales

Hi Kathleen, As possibly an old soul, I would suggest meditating and feel your connection to everyone and everything in the world as yourself and fill it with love. This for me help to de stress and know that the problems I am having is very small compared to the whole me, with the load off your shoulders motivation should come more easily. 

I was wondering if any old souls are on here because I was told I am old soul but I’m not sure but does anyone know how to help an old soul feel motivated.

I want to do something but I haven’t  found the right note to play.

I understand this feeling, though I didn't clock that being an "old soul" was part of the motivation function. I was only ever told I was an old soul once, so can be difficult to take it as in form of absolutes.

It's actually where I got the name "Inquisitor", which is actually an extension of the inquisitor project (just my little name, there's currently no actual officialized entity of such), or the concept of inquisition. The idea of self growth, understanding and expansion through learning, healing and looking out for others and insight. In other words, the name isn't just for show. I want it to be something that represents continuous development and a sense of safety for those who may feel vulnerable or unsure of themselves or their environment. Thus, my self designated purpose: "The Inquisitor" was born. Kinda the same sort of idea as "The Doctor" from Doctor Who, only taking inspiration from that concept. I.e. to quote the 11th Doctor:

"The name you choose is like a promise you make..."

Of course, my real name isn't actually the "inquisitor", it's Sam. That would be rather strange., but the point is it represents something more than just me or a singular person or identity. I also get that understanding this kind of concept or premise might be difficult for those who may be confused by it, but yep, that's my take on it.

Edited by Inquisitor
  • Like 1

Or does it not matter if you are a new or old soul?

I sure hope it doesn't because I'm painfully insecure about this.  *sigh* :(

My understanding for me ─ I can't speak for anyone but me, but it's possible that it can apply to you or others as well ─ is that I came back here after having one life, many lifetimes ago, and that we developed a certain level of wisdom somewhere else in the universe.  Coming back here seems to make us feel lost and we often get confused with "Old Souls", but that ultimately, we haven't had a lot of lives here on Earth.  I don't 100% know if this applies to me and I can't say for sure whether or not it applies to anyone else.  ... There were even times I strongly felt that, instead of being a Crystal Soul, that I'm an Angel Soul, whatever that means.

I'm only me and that's all I can be.

I really enjoy this topic, but I'm not very well equipped to talk about it much. I really don't know if I would be an old soul or a new one. I know a few people who are interested in auras in real life, and the only feedback I've gotten from them (the closest I've gotten to mention of soul terminology in relation to myself) is that I'm a bit of a kalaidoscope compared to most, but overall have a lovely aura. I have no idea what that means, in practice, but it's probably as direct an answer as I can manage at this point.

Certainly, I think I identify more with the old soul concept than a new one. Motivation is quite difficult; it often seems as though all the good bits of the world are dying, and life resembles some kind of 'last march of the Ents' type deal (to reference pop-culture). That is, we're here (totally up to you on who constitutes 'we', I think I'm referring to some undefined aspect of the collective human spirit, and myself as an individual), we can take action, or we can wait and watch until everything's been used and turned into life-without-essence. When we commit to act, the last remaining vital part of our strength is spent. So we'd better make sure it's an unselfish act that'll give life to something else that might accomplish what we couldn't, not just a futile act of defiance in the face the universe. I'm of the opinion that all that we (as a society and species) aim to do will eventually, thanks to the underlying principals of our reality, undermine itself. We seem designed to do it, as is all life on Earth. Our conciousness is constructed inside animals of blood, piss and puss, and we're wonderful, beautiful and dynamic, but we'll always return to whence we came, in one form or another. The circle/spiral of reality ensures it. It's our strength and simultaneously our weakness. Our shared belief in our own exceptionalism is in itself, our greatest creation thus far; in believing it, we make it manifest itself, and simultaneously, it's still naught but a collective dream. But our society's aim seems to be to make it more than just a dream. Hard to say whether that's good or bad. It's probably neither.

...It's difficult to feel strong motivation when you're coming from that mindset, however. How do you make something without making it? How do you create something that seems unable to exist? How does the human spirit contain both the ego that motivates us, and the bleak reality of the universe all at once? The kinds of abstraction and thought it demands just seems insane. I know there's plenty of talk of source, and one-ness which touches on it, but... well, I'm probably rambling now.

Similar to Inquisitor, I picked this name for not-insignificant reasons, but I didn't ever think I'd actually explain it to anyone. It's my guilty want from life; to just give up and drop it all, walk away. Only compulsion keeps me going, heh.

(ps you can bet I'm using the 'blood piss and puss' line again. It flows awesomely. :D )