persianmystic

Self-esteem

19 posts in this topic

I realized how important self-esteem is. I have come to the conclusion that nothing is worse than low self esteem.  Self esteem is more important than self confidence even. I don't understand how Teal Says "We are God." How can we be God? Only GOD knows everything. Plus, I don't have half the superpowers teal has- I can't taste colors or see sounds or anything like that. I'm not clairvoyant and I can't fly and I can't walk on water and the list goes on.. I feel like even unless I am as good as Teal Swan at least and develop all the superpowers and abilities she has, I won't be able to truly love myself. Plus, I'd really love to talk and have a relationship with God where I can get answers from Him directly. I truly believe there is nothing worse than living an ordinary life. I have tried emailing Teal before. But no answers. Any suggestions? Love you all by the way. 

Edited by persianmystic
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, persianmystic said:

I don't understand how Teal Says "We are God." How can we be God? Only GOD knows everything. Plus, I don't have half the superpowers teal has- I can't taste colors or see sounds or anything like that. I'm not clairvoyant and I can't fly and I can't walk on water and the list goes on..

I feel like even unless I am as good as Teal Swan at least and develop all the superpowers and abilities she has, I won't be able to truly love myself.

Plus, I'd really love to talk and have a relationship with God where I can get answers from Him directly. I truly believe there is nothing worse than living an ordinary life.

I have tried emailing Teal before. But no answers. Any suggestions? Love you all by the way. 

Teal doesn't take the traditional Biblical view of God. Teal preaches a concept I like to call ego-theism. She believes we live in a universe governed by the law of attraction and because of this we create reality, hence we are "gods". She believe in something called "God" or "Source" But I have had a hard time getting clarity on exactly what she thinks she is. It's a large force of love and wisdom but it doesn't appear to have any real definitive moral guidelines in Teal's worldview. 

Think about her abilities, tasting colors, what if you found the color green tasted horrible, but you weren't able to not taste it. It wasn't a choice you had. Or like me what if you could seeing spiritual beings, but a lot of the beings you see are terrifying and make you feel unsafe in your own home. Or like my wife who has spiritual beings physically attack her because she can see the places where they come from, like their "portals".  That's reality for me and my wife and Teal, we can't turn it off. Does it serve us at times? Sure, but not most of the time. Abilities are not what that are cracked up to be.... Teal would be the first to tell you that you are more than worthy of your own love. Do you have any abilities?

I struggled with this for years. I would agonize over it, I would say "Just talk to me! Supposedly you're always with me, talk to me!!!" I wanted it so bad. Ultimately I had to come to peace with the reality that God doesn't work that way, he left the Bible and he must think that's enough. Even though I strenuously disagree. You have to have faith. Even though it really suck sometimes, some times you can get feelings from prayer but that's as close as it gets from God. You could pray for a spirit guide, if you seek more guidance and answers. 

Teal gets.... lord tons and tons and tons of emails, you could try persistence, but other than that not sure. She's super busy....

Hope this helps...

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your kind reply. I don't really have any abilities other than deep creativity and weird supernatural dreams every night- occasionally, I get dreams that come true. And i am good at imagining things and sort of looking at the big picture and guessing people's emotional states/what kind of people they are. But I am nowhere near gifted as Teal. At least you people know what to expect. You are closer to truth than other humans. So be grateful. You are not living a big fat lie with confusion. You can see clearly.

5 hours ago, persianmystic said:

Thanks for your kind reply. I don't really have any abilities other than deep creativity and weird supernatural dreams every night- occasionally, I get dreams that come true. And i am good at imagining things and sort of looking at the big picture and guessing people's emotional states/what kind of people they are. But I am nowhere near gifted as Teal. At least you people know what to expect. You are closer to truth than other humans. So be grateful. You are not living a big fat lie with confusion. You can see clearly.

Sounds like someone is an Empath, Teal is one too. But I don't think it's fair to measure yourself against Teal, you aren't her, and you don't have to be. Actually these abilities often confuse us more than help us, I don't think people with abilities ever really know what to expect. Write down these dreams in a journal, be as accurate as you can, make sure you include dates. Do this even if you don't understand them, they can be very helpful. 

Why do you feel like you are living a big fat lie?

If you want to develop your subtle perceptions there is an author named Stuart Wilde who might be a good starting point for you. His books "Infinite Self" and "the quickening" are great reads.

@persianmystic If the reality isn't living up to the expectation, ask yourself whether any other word would more perfectly fit the situation. If not, adjust the expectation to meet the reality.

Hmm. Don't take it the wrong way, but I stick by that.

Let me illustrate:

We are inundated with science fiction ideas of "psychic" abilities - we think that it should be quite a fancy thing, while ignoring the fact that "you read my mind" is an idiom; an idiom!

So I have some questions: Do you believe that having supernatural abilities would give you more power and control in your life? Are you currently feeling powerless in your life and that is why you think you need abilities like Teal's, to get you out of the feeling of being powerless? Very often I get those feelings of being powerless and that's why I think it would be better to have extra capabilities, to give me more power.

23 minutes ago, Ana said:

If you develop abilities from a powerless state, you will very likely not do very good things with them. Power implies responsibility and that you handle it well.

33 minutes ago, Ana said:

However, if you work with that feeling of powerlessness and build your own sense of healthy self-esteem and self-love, bringing you closer to others and life, you will naturally and gradually develop all the abilities you need in life. Those abilities are a natural consequence of your growth, while the other way around is not necessarily true.

I agree. I had wanted extra sensory ability to give me more power in the past, but now I am building health self esteem and self love. I was curious about whether persianmystic was feeling similarly to how I used to feel. I am not one who is quite as gifted as others, and so trying to develop anything from a feeling of lack of power was a moot point for me anyway. I believe that if I have any extra sensory power it will just happen when I am ready for it, with it being the natural result of inner growth.

Thank you all, (Author of Darkness, Ana, Onyx, Akurabis, and Adam.. Adam, I will look into the work of Stuarte Wilde in the future. Thank you for the suggestion!

Ana, I appreciate you looking at it more simply and in an uncomplicated way.

Author of Darkness, I have solo many dreams, it's hard to keep up. Well, I try to be positive but there are all these people in my life whom I love telling me I have to be a certain way and follow all these rules or I am not accepted. I feel like I can't be happy if I ever lose the people I love. 

Also, I am confused because, in the Secret, they say "life is meant to be abundant and wild and exciting" so why am I NOT allowed to have amazing powers.

Why must humans be slave to a set of rules?

Onyx, My mom is so liberal. My dad is the other way around. Sometimes I feel like I am never good enough for the people I care about. If I truly be myself, it means hurting someone else. My dad is religious, but not as religious as my love interest whom  I secretly see behind my dad's back. I feel guilty. I love my dad but I also love him. And I want to marry him but my dad thinks I am too young to get married. My mom likes the guy a lot too but he thinks he might be too over-religious. I just need help. My mom is kind of agnostic. Dad on the other hand, 100% believes in God.  I believe in God but I will be very angry if I get my heart already broken than it already is. I wish I had little to worry about. I wish I could wave a magic wand and people would just accept me the way  I was. 

Akubaris, I try to not settle for second best. You should never limit yourself in life with a "it's-better-than-nothing-attitude" I wish I could take my own advice.

Are humans a slave race or are they meant to be happy? Which is it REALLY and truly? 

I think Buddha was right when he said life is suffering, I don't mean to sound negative but there are SO MANY RULES for living. GOSH.

19 hours ago, persianmystic said:

Author of Darkness, I have solo many dreams, it's hard to keep up. Well, I try to be positive but there are all these people in my life whom I love telling me I have to be a certain way and follow all these rules or I am not accepted. I feel like I can't be happy if I ever lose the people I love. 

Also, I am confused because, in the Secret, they say "life is meant to be abundant and wild and exciting" so why am I NOT allowed to have amazing powers.

Why must humans be slave to a set of rules?

Are humans a slave race or are they meant to be happy? Which is it REALLY and truly? 

I think Buddha was right when he said life is suffering, I don't mean to sound negative but there are SO MANY RULES for living. GOSH.

My parents were that way, I was never loved unconditionally. I should also state my "powers" never appeared until I wasn't living with them anymore. You can be happy without them, it is possible. I've had to cut ties for my own development and wellbeing. And ultimately I've decided it's spiritually and emotionally harmful for me to be around my parents, and this hurts, but being with them and knowing they will never be proud of me or love unless I live like they do hurts more. When I finally let go of the need for their acceptance my "powers" manifested very strongly.

I sense things within you, but they need to be developed, refined. If you can't manifest them now, it is very advisable to learn about them and develop them, @Adam gave a good recommendation. Seek out other resources about psychic powers and abilities. Life is abundant and wild and amazing. You can have "powers" but acceptance of yourself as you are comes first :) Humans need rules because rules are what a civilization is composed of. Humans are meant for expansion and happiness. But happiness comes from a process of integration and acceptance of self. Buddha also provided a great way to alleviate suffering. 

You are a flower, growing up among weeds, you will bloom, no flower ever bloomed quicker by being anxious about how long it would take to do so :) Be patient give yourself love and you will feel yourself grow.

But say for example, people need others to fulfill their needs such as food and shelter. Without others, they will die, so acceptance kind of does matter. If this life is so great, why is their death, aging, and pain? WHY? Why is it that we have to eat and sleep? Why are we not allowed to have the person we love stay by our side forever and ever? You can't sit here honestly and tell me life is not suffering. I have been bullied, emotionally neglected, lonely, etc. and my parents just acted like I was being a spoiled brat. They have no idea how deeply I feel things and how my mind never stops thinking because I guess it has no life- it brings up memories I DON'T NEED TO REMEMBER. AT LEAST ANIMALS DON'T THINK. THEY LIVE WITHOUT REGRET. THEY JUST DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITHOUT GUILT. AND THEY TELL US TO FEEL SORRY FOR ANIMALS? IT'S HUMANS WHO SUFFER THE MOST. AT LEAST WHEN AN ANIMAL DIES. THEY DON'T THINK THOUGHTS LIKE " I FEEL GUILTY" OR "I MIGHT GO TO HELL" OR "GOD MUST HATE ME" NO-YOU KNOW WHY? CUZ ANIMALS DO NOT HAVE BRAINS. IF THERE WERE NO RULES, HUMANS WOULD NOT HAVE TO WORK TO LIVE. THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TO EAT TO GET ENERGY.  THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TO SLEEP. THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TO MATE TO BRING A CHILD. HONESTLY SIT HERE AND TELL ME THAT LIFE IS NOT SUFFERING WHEN HUMANS, IN ALL HONESTY, ARE ENCOURAGED TO SOMEHOW MIRACULOUSLY STOP HAVING DESIRES WHEN UNFORTUNATELY THE HUMAN BODY, WHICH CONSISTS OF HAVING A MIND, ENABLES US TO KEEP FEEDING OUR DESIRES. BUDDHA GOT IT RIGHT. LIFE IS SUFFERING. AT LEAST POVERTIC PEOPLE KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. BUT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE SOMETHING IS MISSING, AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT AND YOU HAVE ALL THESE EXPECTATIONS AT THE SAME TIME, THAT FEELS WORSE. 

THANKS. AND WHAT DO YOU SENSE IN ME? SERIOUSLY. 

• Upvote 1

On 24 June 2016 at 7:02 AM, persianmystic said:

I realized how important self-esteem is. I have come to the conclusion that nothing is worse than low self esteem.  Self esteem is more important than self confidence even. I don't understand how Teal Says "We are God." How can we be God? Only GOD knows everything. Plus, I don't have half the superpowers teal has- I can't taste colors or see sounds or anything like that. I'm not clairvoyant and I can't fly and I can't walk on water and the list goes on.. I feel like even unless I am as good as Teal Swan at least and develop all the superpowers and abilities she has, I won't be able to truly love myself. Plus, I'd really love to talk and have a relationship with God where I can get answers from Him directly. I truly believe there is nothing worse than living an ordinary life. I have tried emailing Teal before. But no answers. Any suggestions? Love you all by the way. 

Have you tried snapping? Snap, and there it is! Shortcuts are said to be not the way to learn things.

yes, people meet our physical needs but we outgrow that need. we learn to meet our own physical needs when we become independent. same goes for emotional needs.

as far as death and aging and having needs for water and such. these are the natural laws, we can't change them. we don't have to either they were put in place by something far wiser than us. our job is to do the best we can with why we are given. 

Paul says to live is christ and to die is gain, death is the gateway to so many wonderful things even though now that loss is very painful to you now.  but think, do you really want people to live forever? give it some thought...

I understand that in your current mindset it's hard to see anything besides suffering. but life is more than doom and gloom there is more beauty in the world than can be imagined. life can be painful but pain is not the point of life. I went through a lot of what you're describing and I'm letting you know that life is more than the anguish and doubt that feels so overwhelming to you now

buddha encouraged us to end "craving" craving is different than desire and to learn to not cling to things as a result of a need for control. the goal is to let go of the ego because ultimately its doesn't exist its an illusion.

we are not the same as animals. we are different and that's ok. yes our lives are more complex but that means we have greater potential for expansion and learning. they live simpler lives but have a lot less control over their lives. we are meant to be conscious and to become enlightened we should be grateful we can get to do that 

I sense you are an empath and that you do have abilities, what they are I do not know but they are there time and studying will reveal them to you. :)

Edited by authorofdarkness
  • Upvote 1