MXO

How do you feed your cats and dogs?

I wonder how do you feed your cats or dogs, if you are vegetarian or vegan yourself?

Do you give them meat? If yes - what kind of meat?

catdog.jpg

I've got a cat before I went vegan. Now I feed him organic cat food made of chickens and lambs, because I want him to be healthy and happy. 

Making this decision sucked big time because I literally had to choose between suffering of one animal that is my pet and hundreds (if not thousands) of other animals that I would never meet in person.

It's tough. But it's my own choice and I stand by it. It's also a great reminder of the real price of having a carnivorous pet. Plus, all these controversial thoughts related to the subject make a really good tool for shadow work.

Yeah, i guess it is a choice you have to make if you have a carnivorous pet, especially if it doesn't go outside to catch some mice or birds for herself/himself.

And yeah, i guess organic free range meat is the only way to go, but there is still this lurking shadow how those animals are killed.. And how do you kill an animal in a humane way?
My grandma used to chop chicken's head off with an axe, by putting the chicken on a wooden log first; that was "the old way".
I think if they need to kill an animal, they should at least put it to sleep first, but probably no one does it :[

And yeah, that's some serious topic right there, but the problem doesn't solve itself if it is just ignored

On 25/01/2018 at 5:53 PM, MXO said:

Yeah, i guess it is a choice you have to make if you have a carnivorous pet, especially if it doesn't go outside to catch some mice or birds for herself/himself.

And yeah, i guess organic free range meat is the only way to go, but there is still this lurking shadow how those animals are killed.. And how do you kill an animal in a humane way?
My grandma used to chop chicken's head off with an axe, by putting the chicken on a wooden log first; that was "the old way".
I think if they need to kill an animal, they should at least put it to sleep first, but probably no one does it :[

And yeah, that's some serious topic right there, but the problem doesn't solve itself if it is just ignored

What civilized person today needs to kill an animal? And there is a way to kill it, if you're on a deserted island and practice survival, the scene in Avatar the movie shows how to kill, for what purpose and how to "repent", which is just good wishes and pure intention beforehand. Putting the animal to sleep infects the flash and blood of the animal, why infect the meat you gonna eat 

I don't know where this conclusion of mine comes from, but I believe pets can also eat vegeterian and vegan. I have given our building dog some goat cottage cheese, which is also shit, but dogs eat anything. It's all about the love, trust me. Animals can live off of love too, as humans, super love. Just learn how to tune into your animal, and it will be happier than ever. 

Edited by Mai-da

On 1/24/2018 at 11:35 AM, MXO said:

I wonder how do you feed your cats or dogs, if you are vegetarian or vegan yourself?

Do you give them meat? If yes - what kind of meat?

catdog.jpg

I do.

Although it is definitely interesting to think about. 

As it was mentioned above :

On 1/25/2018 at 11:53 AM, MXO said:

Yeah, i guess it is a choice you have to make if you have a carnivorous pet, especially if it doesn't go outside to catch some mice or birds for herself/himself

We have cats and what's interesting is that they actually prefer raw frozen dog food over raw frozen cat food.... 

Typical raw frozen cat food is mainly meat, skin and grounded bones. 

And raw frozen dog food is approximately 50% animal/50% vegetable ingredients which i was pleasantly surprised to find out as I was adding greens to my cat food to make it more appealing. 

P.S. I go for a chicken as the main source of meat as this would be the closest animal a cat could catch with bare paws. Fish is next when life on land gets tough. Why they use beef is a good question. 

Edited by Garnet
Remembered smth

8Still haven't watched this video, but I guess it has the answer or some

I like him a lot

Edited by Mai-da

My dog eats rice, beans peas pasta, meat, and well a lot of what I'm eating. He was allergic to dog food. Made his joints hurt and rashes up his face. He also was very underweight on dog food. He was 2 when he came to me. He was 117lbs underweight great Dane. Now he has to be around 130. His fur grew back on his face and his skin is healthy and hes much more limber.