Rose Quartz

Astral Projection Question

7 posts in this topic

Astral Projection Question

I have a question about astral projection that I was hoping to get some insight on. For years, I feel like I have been able to get to the point of separation from body only to find that I can't get the final push I need. Here's an example of a typical situation:

I'm lying in bed totally relaxed. My body is tingling with energy and my ears begin to ring deafeningly loud. I feel some pressure and sometimes my heart starts to race like crazy. I try to imagine myself floating up towards the ceiling, but this never happens no matter how hard I try. After failing multiple times, I try to imagine floating with more intensity, but find that my arm muscles begin to tense and I return to a state of regular body awareness. My ears no longer ring and I'm just lying in bed once again.

Has anyone encountered this issue before and if so, how did you get around it? I have never successfully had a conscious OBE and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions or methods that have worked well for them?

• Upvote 1

I don't know much on this, but I think you are having these sensations trying to tell you something else, or connect you otherwise. Btw, are you a woman or a man? I think since women are dominantly receivers, we can easily receive information, no need to go after it. While I find men have easier time and more will and capability/capacity to go out of body. I think you have to have your male hemisphere pretty developed to go out of body. Don't mind Teal, she is an exception to all rules :)) "rules" 

I don't know much, I have vivid visions and lots of sensations, and several days I felt I was close to, even called to... But I refused it it still sounds scary to my ego, I am pretty attached to my body, it's kind of a temple and its pretty alive so i give it a go. Whatever keeps you back is protecting you or doesn't want you to go there yet, thats what I think. 

I don't know though, have to repeat..  

Edited by Mai-da

@Rose Quartz That is the same I usually experience if I ever get to that point. I have only once been out of my body, and it was for a quick moment, as the new experience "woke me up" or scared me (although I wasn't frightened). I'm still trying to remember what I did differently, and I haven't been able to replicate it. I believe I turned my focus from getting out, to relaxing instead and feeling the vibrations, but again I'm not sure, as if I was right, would I not then be able to repeat my experience from that one time?

I usually agree with @Mai-da, and she might be right, but I don't believe that there's any difference to men or women when it comes to astral projection. I guess there could be culturally, but not physically, as I don't believe our physics have much effect on our capability to astral project, apart form our state of mind of course, and our soul is to my knowledge neither woman or man. Again, I'm neither Teal nor anyone who's had proper experience with astral projection, so take my words for what they are.

• Like 1

Thanks, @Mai-da and @Zhaky. Perhaps I do have a block and need to do some self-exploration and digging to see what's going on. It's always been a want of mine to have an OBE, but when the moment actually comes I feel fearful or am unsuccessful. I am a woman and have never felt that as something holding me back before, but perhaps I'll look into that as well.

Thanks for your suggestions! With more practice, hopefully I'll achieve my goal.

I go through the same thing (although I've tried only about 10 times to have an out of body experience). I feel the tingling and vibrations in my body, and then it either fades away after a while or I fall asleep.

I usually start feeling frustrated, like it's not even possible to go out of your body.

I remember watching one of Teal's videos (or interview) where someone asked a similar question and Teal replied that maybe he wasn't supposed to go out of body in order to get what he wants. Maybe we're supposed to connect with the body instead of "escaping" it.

My question: how do you not fall asleep while trying to go out of body?

I also feel frustrated at times, @Ivan.B. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time in order to strengthen my meditation and spirituality. I like your comment about embracing the body instead of escaping it, though. For some reason, that resonates with me. Something inside me says I don't necessarily need an OBE to become more spiritual, I just need to connect with my intuition and trust myself more instead of looking outside my "self" for answers or experiences. I'll have to keep what you said in mind :)

As for not falling asleep when trying to have an OBE, I've heard about two techniques that could be beneficial; First, meditate with your arms propped straight up at your elbows. When you start to fall asleep, you arms will begin to fall, alerting your body that you need to stay awake. The second technique is entering into meditation right when you wake up. So, instead of opening your eyes and moving around when you wake up in the morning, acknowledge that you are awake without moving a muscle. Your body should still be extremely relaxed from sleeping and you can go right into a meditation that can induce an OBE. This second method takes some practice, though. It's not easy to wake up and not immediately move or open your eyes. I've done this successfully only a few times (minus achieving OBE), and I think it helps!