Goldsky

Joining or building an intentional community

Joining or building an intentional community

I've realized today that I want to join or help build an intentional community. I feel really isolated where I'm living. Even when I'm around my family I feel isolated. I would like to find my own family that's committed to shadow work. The few acquaintances that I have are not awake at all it seems. And I really want someone I can talk to about shadow work or some of the deeper things that I'm interested in. I don't know how to go about finding the people to join in building one or how to find one to join. I wish there were more tealers where I live in Jacksonville, Florida. If anyone has any insights or suggestions as to how I would go about finding an intentional community, I would be very appreciative. :5:

• Like 1

We live in an intentional community but it was founded to be a supportive community for people in recovery from drugs, alcohol, abuse, etc. My wife and I bought a 2acre piece of property on the poor West side of Tallahassee and put three mobile homes on it in addition to the house built in 1954 that was already there. We originally saw it as merely a source of rental income and a place where her adult kids could live with us to help care for us in our old age. We quickly came to see the need for supportive housing for people trying to maintain sanity and sobriety in a dangerous world. We have had our share of ups and downs . We call ourselves Recovery Ministry. If you'd like to come and visit you'd be welcome to see what we do. I know of another IC here called Discipleship House run by a couple with kids who share their home with 2 or 3 other single Christians usually grad students. I meet with them on Thursday nights to share a fellowship dinner and study hour. Not many Tealers around here yet. I keep hoping to meet some. Maybe we could do a workshop in JAX Tampa or here at FSU!

Buy rent or lease a big house and advertise for like minded community members, share rent food and time together. Be Blessed!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pastor George said:

We live in an intentional community but it was founded to be a supportive community for people in recovery from drugs, alcohol, abuse, etc. My wife and I bought a 2acre piece of property on the poor West side of Tallahassee and put three mobile homes on it in addition to the house built in 1954 that was already there. We originally saw it as merely a source of rental income and a place where her adult kids could live with us to help care for us in our old age. We quickly came to see the need for supportive housing for people trying to maintain sanity and sobriety in a dangerous world. We have had our share of ups and downs . We call ourselves Recovery Ministry. If you'd like to come and visit you'd be welcome to see what we do. I know of another IC here called Discipleship House run by a couple with kids who share their home with 2 or 3 other single Christians usually grad students. I meet with them on Thursday nights to share a fellowship dinner and study hour. Not many Tealers around here yet. I keep hoping to meet some. Maybe we could do a workshop in JAX Tampa or here at FSU!

Buy rent or lease a big house and advertise for like minded community members, share rent food and time together. Be Blessed!

That sounds great. I might come visit soon, after tax refund comes back. I think I will try your suggestion. I was thinking about advertising in some way. I've written a vision statement for what I intend for the community. Thanks for the info ?

• Like 1