Lill123

What are the do's and don'ts after a tooth extraction?

What are the do's and don'ts after a tooth extraction?

Hi, I am living in Whitby. For the past week, I was suffering from toothache. One of my upper teeth is severely decayed. I tried some painkillers and oral gels at the initial time. But it gave only a temporary relief. I didn't get enough time to consult a dentist because of my busy schedule. After two days, the pain again started and the face became swollen. I have tried an ice pack on the cheek for pain and swelling. I can't afford this pain anymore. We have an emergency dental care near Whitby. I am going to take a consultation there. But if they will extract my decayed tooth, then how long I have to take care of it? and What are the do's and don'ts of post-extraction? Please share your views.

Hi. I feel you. I have a cyst near my wisdom tooth and it has to be extracted. I feel scared. I can't tell you yet, but I think that you will have to eat only liquid meals and not to sort of suck the area where there's no tooth anymore, which tends to happen with children after extraction often, as I heard. So don't worry too much. I heard that applying turmeric on the area helps with healing, bit I haven;t tried it.

Let me know how it went, take care!

Hey @Lavende, this is a bot, an advertisement. But I would like to share, I had 2 wisdom teeth extracted, one of which the surgery was horrible, like they didn't know if they extracted it whole and sent me to x-ray in the middle of operation!  ("Whaaat?!") 

So, when are you having your surgery ? Yeah there are many instructions on the internet, the whole procedure is painless with local anesthesia, so, don't worry, just be relaxed and focused if you can

Btw, my ex guru always said like, don't give any operations done to your body, no changes at all, whatever is happening on/with your body is happening for a reason.

Teeth are connected to heart metaphysically and physically btw, and also stability I think maybe certainty in life, not sure

Edited by Mai-da

Haha, is it really an ad? :-D 

I don't know when yet, I have to make a few appointments before they decide what to do. Mine will have to be done under general anesthesia and maybe it's better for me after all.. ech.

Thank you for sharing your experience

Sure

Ok... Yeah, it's an ad :) You'll see, there will be no answer.. :)

We can even swear Lill here like hell, noone will answer :):)

Best.. 

Edited by Mai-da

On 1/23/2018 at 3:30 PM, Lavende said:

Hi. I feel you. I have a cyst near my wisdom tooth and it has to be extracted. I feel scared. I can't tell you yet, but I think that you will have to eat only liquid meals and not to sort of suck the area where there's no tooth anymore, which tends to happen with children after extraction often, as I heard. So don't worry too much. I heard that applying turmeric on the area helps with healing, bit I haven;t tried it.

Let me know how it went, take care!

Hi Lavende, Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I consulted the dentist the next day itself. He gave me antibiotics for relieving the pain and infection. I heard that honey is also good for healing. I never tried this. Hope you will be fine soon.

Edited by Lill123