Expeditus

letting it go

8 posts in this topic

letting it go

i cant forgive the person that played with me i want to forgive him i already followed the resentment process but somehow a part of me feel hate fopr him i reall want to let it go i just want to ask how will the reason emerge as to why we cant let it go 

Wouldn't the usual answer be, because you don't want his actions to affect you anymore? You want to let go of it, so that you can move on? 

So not forgiveness in the sense where you say "It's totally fine, I still love you", but in the sense where you say "What's done is done, I won't let this affect me anymore".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Annistacia said:

I’m just going to ask one thing, and it would be how I’ve been trying to question myself about things in my life lately. 

Why do you want to forgive him? 

We forgive in order to let go of the emotional baggage we accumulate as the result of the hurt and pain suffered from the actions of others. Forgiving cuts the tie of anger and hate left by trauma and abuse.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Expeditus said:

letting it go

i cant forgive the person that played with me i want to forgive him i already followed the resentment process but somehow a part of me feel hate fopr him i reall want to let it go i just want to ask how will the reason emerge as to why we cant let it go 

When you say “played with you” what do you mean?  You can answer here on the forum but really you have to answer that just for yourself.  And when you think about the “playing” you have to realize that whatever it was, it might not have been meant to be malicious.  It might have been meant to be a fun game for both of you to enjoy but it got out of hand.  Or if it was meant to be malicious then you have to realize that it happened because this person is facing his own demons.  This person wasn’t lashing out at you, per se, but rather lashing out at any and all the injustices that he has faced.

You can’t let it go because you are taking it personally but my unjustified claim is that it is not personal at all.

Now please keep in mind, that I have no idea what the actual interaction was.  I’m just taking a shot at looking at the other person’s possible motivations, all without knowing a single thing about this person.

Edited by Scot
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pastor George said:

We forgive in order to let go of the emotional baggage we accumulate as the result of the hurt and pain suffered from the actions of others. Forgiving cuts the tie of anger and hate left by trauma and abuse.

Yes, I agree! :) Iwas just trying to get the person asking the questions to ask themselves, sometimes it means something a little different and can lead to another series of questions and answers, y’know! 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 2:03 PM, Annistacia said:

I’m just going to ask one thing, and it would be how I’ve been trying to question myself about things in my life lately. 

Why do you want to forgive him? 

because it feels heavy and i dont want that it feels bad and i want to feel god i dont want to be a burden to myself i want recreate a new wonderful life

On 1/22/2018 at 10:45 PM, Scot said:

When you say “played with you” what do you mean?  You can answer here on the forum but really you have to answer that just for yourself.  And when you think about the “playing” you have to realize that whatever it was, it might not have been meant to be malicious.  It might have been meant to be a fun game for both of you to enjoy but it got out of hand.  Or if it was meant to be malicious then you have to realize that it happened because this person is facing his own demons.  This person wasn’t lashing out at you, per se, but rather lashing out at any and all the injustices that he has faced.

You can’t let it go because you are taking it personally but my unjustified claim is that it is not personal at all.

Now please keep in mind, that I have no idea what the actual interaction was.  I’m just taking a shot at looking at the other person’s possible motivations, all without knowing a single thing about this person.

thanks for this this is a good insight at least i have another answer