Sign in to follow this  
Expeditus

letting it go

2 posts in this topic

letting it go

i am still struggling with the person i have resentment with and i really want to forgive him i just cant fin the way to emerge as to why i cant forgive him. i just want to know what i have to do so i can see the reason why i cant forgive. its like whenever its being talked about it tends to resist pls. i really need your help

Can't say I'm an expert, as I do get annoyed with people now and again, but in comparison to many of my friends and family members I'm quite good at forgiving and forgetting. It's important to note, that It's not in the sense that I just let people hurt me, and then say that's ok and "forget" about it - I've tried that, it's not very healthy. Anyway, what tends to work for me, is to try and understand, that they have their reasons to do, what they are doing. A general rule is: "no one, not a single person, does anything that they can not justify to themselves". Whatever he did that hurt you, he has justified it to himself, and if you can see the world from his perspective (truly), you can find and understand that same justification. A little hint in finding his reasons, is that people who are hurt, often tend to hurt others, as they are in "pain" they also send out "pain" and usually receive more of it (law of attraction).

I don't know what he did of course, but this is just what I typically realise with people, who hurt me or others around them, that they are hurt themselves, and from their perspective, it's quite alright to hurt others, why else would others hurt them.