Tina Boumans

I sort of hate my husbands 4 cats

6 posts in this topic

I sort of hate my husbands 4 cats

Hi tealers, I have such an issue with my husbands 4 cats! It drives me crazy, cause I cant understand the problem on a spiritual way. I dont like animals so much to begin with, I dont connect with them and dont understand them, they are just weird creatures for me. And I feel like a terrible person for not liking animals. (Sorry for my English Im Swedish). But the cats is my husbands animals children and they are very close and yes sometimes I get jealous. But they are taking so much space, and they also pee indoors like marks revir. And it drives me crazy!!! Sometimes I feel I want a divorce cause I cannot take it but I dont want to runaway I want a solution. Can someone please give me some feedback! Lots of Love to all members 

Honestly:

- pet the cats.  (Their fur is really soft.)

- play with the cats.  Find some toy that they like.

- cuddle with the cats.

i think you need involvement with them.

I would suggest "meditating", in the sense that you take some time, shut yourself off in a sense and try to listen to your "inner voice". Ask yourself why you hate the cats so much. When you get an answer try and dive into why it is so. You ought to end up with some aspect of yourself, that you can then choose to deal with or accept as it is.

In regard to them pissing indoor, that's not something cats "usually" do, to my knowledge, and there is probably some good reason as to why they do it other places than in their litterbox, so maybe you should try and look into that?

Thank you for all the answers. Of course I have been talking to my husband about it ! So many times , but I still dont get it. I talked to him about your replys and it got better for some days and I tried to interact with the cats morse, but now I have terrible pms and just want to be alone. 

About Sweden I dont know, I live in Sweden but in a small city and we had a lot of immigrants and it was weird but now most of them moved to another area. There are some crisis in Sweden for sure, the big cities are getting more violent and people are not feeling safe anymore. 

Yes only the way become friends with your husbands cats not a contestant, hope it's no so bad as in this video

P.s. in our house 3 cats

best wishes

When you feel distant from something, move closer!  I am not saying that all people should like cats.  But I am saying that if you want to work on your relationship with your husband and the cats then “move closer”.

Four questions to ask yourself every day:

1/ have i authentically expressed my needs?  (If a person doesn’t express their needs then they will try to get their needs met through manipulation.  I think you need to express your needs especially with respect to these cats.)

2/ have I received without guilt? (Some of us don’t feel worthy of love and affection even though we really want it.)

3/ have I given without expectation?  (Some of us grow up in an environment where love is a transaction.  “I do this for you then you do that for me”)

4/ have I acknowledged and shown gratitude for the things that matter?  (Receive without guilt but do show gratitude)