Zhaky

Smoking, drinking and other shenanigans while loving yourself

Alright. I've been watching a bunch of Teal's videos recently, and I'm trying to figure out how this self-love works. I've finally learned that I ought to accept my shortcomings, as it's part of me, and thus something I should be able to love. However I occasionally smoke, I occasionally drink, I ocasionally eat heaps of sugar and cake, and I occasionally spend entire days playing games or bingeing series, and I love it! Sure I feel the effect now and again, but if there wasn't something fun or attractive about these things, I'm sure I wouldn't do it. Still these are some of the hardest things to accept about myself, and I believe it might be because, external sources are constantly reminding me how bad and sometimes "evil" they are. 

I know Teal says, that I should start by accepting my shortcomings if I want to love myself (which should bring happiness in my life, and possibly direct me towards enlightment, which also would be pretty cool), and I should ask myself "what would a person who truly loves themselves do in this situation". And I've done this, and to me the answer seems to be, that I should accept smoking, drinking, sugar, cakes, video games and bingeing series, yet still this seems to be frowned upon or at least adviced against even in the spiritual community. 

• So what am I missing here?
    • Am I misunderstanding my wants?
    • Am I being mislead by my ego? (Which I think would be more interested in exercise and quitting smoking, as it (the ego) is the only thing that will truly get damaged from those activities)
    • Will my wants automatically (or magically) change to healthier things as I become more well versed in the practice of self-love?
    • Or is it possible that I could become one of the first masters to walk the Earth and still beat up kids in Rocket League and disappear on a mountain for a day or two when the next season of Stranger Things is out?
Edited by Zhaky
Fix
  • Haha 1

Hey Zhaky, welcome. Thanks for posting this here. 

Ok, so, I don't know if you have heard this by Teal, but she also says that you can be as authentic as you currently know yourself. I think it applies greatly to your question here. If authenticity comprises health in all senses, then what you are doing and how much it is healthy for you really depends on you, because you know, people smoke, drink and look like crap, because of the resistance they are having towards the activity, but are still doing it, still practicing those habits. And there are people who do it and look great because it IS in alignment with who they are. It's all about the thoughts and if you have resistance towards it. If you do it because that is what you would for the way you love yourself NOW is that, then do it, right. Even me or anyone telling you you should or shouldn't or this is the right way is practicing control and power over you, while you know "hey, i still want to live this way", right? am i correct? If that is your attitude, then embrace your current stance and live your life to the fullest, like you want to. Experiment as long as .. to be honest, you don't collapse :)) Because in the end, soul, or your esoteric body, your feeling body, call it however you want, hates shit like tobacco, alcohol, processed food... It is crap to the inner child, when your senses broaden/expand you will notice even the smell or little taste of all of it is disgusting to the divinity and potential and inner child of yours. Our egos want to live like others do, drink, smoke, poison ourselves. In the end, it really is that, you poisoning yourself. But because that is the collective vibe around you, you are a match and your ego is loud enough to make you do it. Your ego IS you. In your case i believe. 

Ego is not the enemy, it wants to belong, if drinking, smoking makes you feel belonging at certain moments, do it. But in the end, there is another level of connection to people that has nothing to do with what we do every day, but how we actually feel. 

Osho once said, and i strongly believe in this, but i think rarely a person comes to that point. but i claim, if you are clean and pure as the purest of water drops, inside out, physically mentally, emotionally, understood your own intentions in this life, this moment, practice balanced life, however whatever it/that is, you can plunge yourself in alcohol, poison wont reach you. This may be fantasy to that degree, but i really believe love is so strong that it overcomes all toxicity, from food, to emotions, to thought, to psychic attacks, and else... But we live in a tough world, if you want to remain part, you need to be aware of what you want and what affects you how , etc etc.. 

17 hours ago, Zhaky said:

Will my wants automatically (or magically) change to healthier things as I become more well versed in the practice of self-love?

Yes 

I smoke too btw, but i smoke pure local tobacco with no additives and shit, and i smoke around 3 rolled cigarettes a day. I feel the vibe decreasing i swear with first smoke, but i become the ego, and it is ok, though i dont resonate with the shit (no more?). It also depends really where i am standing, what i am doing, but i do feel the difference, and sometimes it asks me to rest, lie down a bit afterwards, meditate, so i come back to myself. So from this i can firmly say absolutely everything we consume, has instant effect on our (esoteric) body, question is just how much we feel it and are aware of it. 

Love,

Maida 

Edited by Mai-da
  • Like 1

Thanks a bunch Maida for your answer. I see you've put lots of time into helping me here, and I appreciate that.

I was kind of thinking something, like what you've written, was the case, but I needed confirmation, and you give that, along with some much needed explanation. It's also nice to know I'm not completely off track. I guess we're sort of on track, as soon as we want to be? 

There is no OFF TRACK:))) :*** ?

I put 2 minutes :**

But lots of love time whatever beforehand :) like, my life I suppose :)

Nerves **

Edited by Mai-da
  • Like 1

Don't worry, just listen to yourself, if you feel something is harming you, leave it, and even attach to something else if needed. For example, it is however better to be consciously addicted "addicted" to sex, than alcohol. But to consciously choose our sources of addictions, which in the end turns out to not be an addiction, because to be conscious means to be in joy, if you joyfully accept to eat the sugary addictive cake, feel sugar's affect and roll with it. That's what I do. I eat loads of the thing I want to abandon, enjoy it excessively, so next time you're sick of it :)) because too much chocolate now I remember gives me ultra headache. Alcohol makes me less alive, even sad from long time ago. Meat makes me feel really low, I can even sense the feeling of the animal before it died. Etc etc , what I am saying, I let myself be in shit (usually i dont even have choice) so next time I remember that really felt like dying! Because it does, feel like dying, too much of everything. 

If you feel like you abandon yourself when you choose some of certain activities, like a feeling of going against yourself, leave it, or just choose wisely, or just be conscious of the opposite aspects within you and choose consciously, if we can... 

Yeah, I am sorry, I sensed worry, and appreciation, and other, wanted to reply a bit more. 

Love ?????

• Like 1

Hehe that's cool, I like your view on things :D I'll try and keep that ind mind, although I think it'll be some years or decades before I give up chocolate, meat or sex xD (not in that exact order or in any relation)

Edited by Zhaky
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Adi123 said:

But we're still on planet earth & I believe part of our purpose for being here is to enjoy the gifts it offer such as meat & chocolate.

Planet is not offering meat and chocolate. 

@Mai-da What do you mean that it isn't offering those things?

@Adi123 I agree, and that was kind of my point, with saying I won't quit those things just yet, quite frankly I might never. My focus is on accepting myself as I am, whether I smoke, drink or do stuff that's bad for my health - in the wrong amounts everything can be.

@Zhaky, Yeah, I didn't plan to answer so quickly, but have some time here.. 

Chocolate is man-made, it's not the planet offering it. Planet offers cocoa, and sugar. Man creates additional needs. 

Planet haven't created animals to be consumed by human. Evolution however has imposed that. But, in another time, another circumstances, it may be essential and obligatory to consume meat, but in the XXI century, with an access to so much abundance, there really is no such need. Not only that abundance allows us to choose, but also evolution of human consciousness will at some point, impose other direction to individuals. Eating meat and justifying that is just another conviction of the mind. Even brainwashing. To soothe our belief that we are incapable of ... divine stuff. (But that's going bit deeper..) That is the fucked up side of humanity. Distortion of all truth. (Which is also a potential) Meat wasn't created to be consumed by men. Animals were created to be unified and work in harmony and collaboration with us. Be brought consciousness. 

Also, on a physical level, our bodies do not have the required acid like a carnivore animal has to digest meat. It decomposes/putrefies in our bodies, it's not digested. Humans are naturally herbivores. 

Edited by Mai-da

@Mai-da You seem to know a lot about this, and I have a few questions, if you don't mind? The planet did "create" humans right? But for what purpose? And are we supposed to not alter our food, to make cocoa, bread or meat? Or was that just to point out, that it's man made?

I always thought that humans were naturally omnivores, but we are herbivores?

Animals were created to be unified and work in harmony and collaboration with us.

So humans are not really animals in this sense? 

5 minutes ago, Zhaky said:

@Mai-da You seem to know a lot about this, and I have a few questions, if you don't mind? The planet did "create" humans right? But for what purpose? And are we supposed to not alter our food, to make cocoa, bread or meat? Or was that just to point out, that it's man made?

I always thought that humans were naturally omnivores, but we are herbivores?

So humans are not really animals in this sense? 

Humans come from animals, but we are lot more too

The all creates humans, creates planets... Humans are created for the purpose of evolution and expansion, of all 

It's not about what we were supposed to do. We are supposed to do whatever makes consciousness expand. And I admire all man-made creations. The destructive ones too. But when I hear an animal scream out of pain, when I know it suffers, why.. We are supposed to defend the weaker. Animals are pure subconscious, they are so divine, nothing perverted about them, if you see into them, they have all the connection we need... And stuff like that. 

We are herbivores yes. 

I'm not convinced about us being herbivores. There seems to be quite a lot of research on the matter, and both sides claim to prove their case - I'll do some reasearch. Feel free to throw me some articles or videos if you have some good ones.

I do however agree, with the Gaia concept in regard to humans, being tasked with the evolution and governing of Earth -  It seems to me, that's what you're saying, right?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Adi123 said:

@Zhaky and @Mai-da  It's rather straight forward. It all starts with our soul blueprint. You can only affect change in the physical by healing your spiritual blueprint. You can not force it the other way around, because then you constrict your soul essence. You heal the physical only by healing the spiritual. And as your spiritual healing & awakening takes place - which might not happen in one life time - your preferences will naturally shift more in line with your vibration. Again: you cannot physically force yourself onto a higher vibration. You have to allow it to manifest. 

Namaste

:5761e0b35bd9e_EmojiSmiley-05:

No. Just watched newest interview with Teal and Eliott, she mentions something similar. Again, we divide physical from spiritual. That is not the case. You can also go the other way around. I know what you mean, i understand you, but you can also go the other way around. Switch to eating only vegetables and raw almonds for a week, see how your awareness changes. Your awareness is nothing but your essence. See/witness how you cleanse inside out. You CAN affect and help your spirit by changing the physical first too. Exactly this is what Teal mentions in latest interview. And I have felt all sorts of differences on my body and mind and spirit. I know what you mean, change your heart and all... But you can also help your spirit by affecting the diet. 

• Like 1

I guess the point here (that I'm getting) is (in regard to the topic), that we should not pressure or force ourself, but rather accept who we are. Starting with that should lead us to loving ourselves, which can happen at any stage of our spiritual development. Once we align with ourselves (love ourselves) we will most likely (I believe it's certain) head towards enlightment, whether we intend to or not. 

Don't push yourself towards enlightenment, find your own path and let yourself get pulled towards it - follow your own flow.

Doing some research and practicing self-love I've come to the conclusion, that I want to cut down on meat, cut out dairy products (I will surely miss cheese, and I will look for a replacement) and for now not force myself to do anything, but rather accept myself, and deal with my own issues. Lately I've realised, that if I am patient with myself and mindful, I'll almost naturally do the things, I normally would push or force myself to do. Sure it takes some time now and again, but it feels awesome. I hope I will get better at this, and eventually getting out of bed, will be something I just want to do, and not something I'll have to push myself to do - an no, I don't have issues with sleep, I just love lying in bed for a while after waking up, and thinking about lots of stuff.

Edited by Zhaky
Added my personal experience.
  • Like 1