eileene

Help with gaslighting and manipulation

Help with gaslighting and manipulation

Hello, 

As an empath, I'm struggling to see how to allow other people's truths to exist without justifying gaslighting. I continually find it difficult to trust myself and my own interpretations of what happened when someone I should be able to trust (but just realized I shouldn't be trusting at all) tells me something that directly contradicts my own truth and memory. I always end up letting it go undealt with because the part of me that understands that this person has a different reality ends up feeling guilty. How can I balance this idea of seeing things from other perspectives with the knowledge that I've been experiencing gaslighting from this person for months? How do I tell someone to move out who I feel so deeply for but who I know is manipulating and emotionally hurting me? I would love to get as many opinions on this as possible! Thank you

Can you give an example of the conflict between allowing for someone’s truth and their gaslighting?

In general though, i think their “subjective truth” should not be treated as “truth” and you can tell them your perspective.

I am actually not a fan of using the words “someone’s truth” or “subjective truth”.   I would rather call it “subjective perception”.  That is, their “truth” is not actually truth at all but only their subjective perception.

Hi @eileene,  Gaslighting or Ambient Abuse. I'm deeply resonate with your experience.  In calm state probably you know where is a true and how picture looks like till you get in a someone else FIELD, you been naturally involved in other persons action, starting to  feeling your mind blurry, actually there no time space for you was left something to change, even you realising you in a ^situation^ which scenarios was written before you came. It's time to reset your boundaries, if someone deliberately doing that to you yours god manners and humbleness would be used for their benefits. You have to  listen yours feelings, also express them, in relationships do not afraid to ask or double check, to make sure you're still in the same page, if there is a job draw the clear start and end lines.  Solution out of this? You can't stop them doing this to you, but you can stop doing what they want. Mindfulness meditation, grounding your self, reset boundaries, building up your self trust things to focus first.

Lol