Luxclara

Being a healer while healing?

Being a healer while healing?

I am looking to leave the average joe work force and get back into doing energy work and working for myself, but I’m currently in the middle of doing some very deep deep trauma therapy and shadow work and I’m even trying to get back into the completion process. Do you guys think it’s a good idea to work as a healer even though I’m going through some really deep healing and purging? I’m sure I can find other ways to manifest abundance, but this is what I’m feeling called to first and foremost. I’d love to hear what you guys think about this concept. 

6 hours ago, Mark Joseph Middleton said:

Yes and no.

1) You'll meet people who reflect stuff in yourself that is unhealed so how are you going to assist them?
2) You'll be exactly the person they need as well :D
And in answering the first question, you'll help yourself.

Those are some very good points, thank you! 

I think it depends. I mean how much work have you done with yourself? I feel like there’s always going to be things that need to be worked on, as in once you healed one thing, it can come up later as another layer. Therapists see therapists for a reason, they get triggered, I think you need to ask yourself, how you FEEL about it? Does it feel right, right now to do that in your life at this time? Also another question to ask is, is there any possibility that you’re doing this on some level or another so you don’t have to fully do the work on yourself? To somehow sidestep yourself by helping others?  These are just questions I would ask myself! 

Personally I think absolutely you can heal while healing yourself, but it depends on you, how you feel about it, etc.