Soccer penalty kick

Image I'm standing in front of the goal, about to shoot a penalty kick. 1000s of thoughts coming up, fear of failing is coming up. I know when i can keep my focus positive and calm i will make the goal.

So now in the spiritual community it's all about tuning into the fear, do not suppress negative thought etc.... In the scenario with the goal above, tuning into my fear, in that situation would cause a sure failure. But ''suppressing'' the negativity would help me to make it. 

I feel like doing constant shadow work is draining my energy and leave me unable to function in life. I want to focus positive. I feel like if i don't focus positive i will never improve my life. But in a way I'm afraid of focusing positive, because i could suppress something.

It is a very practical questions and I give another example: I set my alarm clock at 4:30 to watch the sunrise. The moment i wake up, i don't feel like waking up, but if I push the negative thoughts away, I will be able to wake up. Sitting at 5 am at the beach gives me a feeling of happiness and no regrets not listening to my negative thoughts. But have I suppressed something? 

I'm really struggling with that right now...

How do I know that I am not suppressing anything or leave anything behind that might block me later? I m almost afraid of focussing positive.

Is it not sometimes better to just overwrite an belief, without dwelling into it?

When to focus positive and when to ignore negativity?

How should shadow work be done, so that it is not effecting the daily life and happiness of someone? How to do shadow work without messing up your life? When it's enough? When can we start focussing positive again. I am sick of dwelling and intentifying negative beliefs. 

I really want to figure this out in order to live my life according to it.

Very good question.

I believe that if you are doubting whether you have suppressed anything, you probably have. Btw, regarding sleeping and resistance to waking up precisely, i think we feel most genuine in the morning, so whatever you are asked to do in the morning you should maybe follow it... I really feel that's the biggest issue people forcing themselves to wake up when actually they/we are depressed inside, we have gone out of track so long that.. you know? Just an example 

Sleeping is important as fuck, never underestimate the need to rest no matter how much it needs

Another thing.. so I can see you want to feel positive and optimistic, but honestly, real growth has nothing to do with that. But, if you want to succeed in one thing, in your sport for example, turn your focus on that completely, be aware you are pushing aside some aspects, but choose consciously, "ok, now I want this, I focus on this, this is what matters now..." shadow work is draining, meaning it asks for processing everything we discover about ourselves, then fucking integrating the new awareness, then changes outside of us arise, then changes WE are asked to undertake from within (have to) follow, etc etc... In the universe, there is no such thing as positive/negative, what matters to the universe is how you genuinely feel... 

When it comes to the soccer kick, or any success, idea is to hold both perspectives. You have yourself freaking out scared to hell knowing this is going nowhere I fail, other side of you feels powerful as fuck and actually lives in illusion (illusion and truth are both part of reality - Teal)... I suggest, if you want to succeed the precise moment, have the fear, but let the bigger you guide. 

You know I was once told what Pavarotti does when going on stage... Freaking out stage freight and all, and he says to himself, to all of him, "Ok, now, bigger me, take over...". That's how he succeeds, and to me, that is conscious possession. You let your subconscious knows, now the bigger one plays. Which is not some ego trip, it's actually your divinity taking over. You can even observe yourself how your whole body and awareness changes. ... 

But, you have to let the child, you, play the other times too

However, whatever you are called to do, is maybe best for you to do. This is a very good question as it can get confusing, but in the end as I said in the universe there's no such thing as positive or negative, you are either good at something and it's yours, or your search continues. 

And best men, to whom I am most attracted to, are men that let themselves do mistakes, talk your fear of failing through, see what is afraid of, why is it afraid of that, soothe it, in the end, there is no such thing as a failure in the universe, so you can allow yourself do all the ... "mistakes". :)

I'm a girl btw, ...

Wishing you good,...

I wish to hear other perspectives too..

Edited by Mai-da
  • Like 1

Thank you for your reply.

What I learned is: Be aware of your fear and accept it in that moment, but know that the ''bigger me (divinity) is taking over now if I choose to.

It's interesting what you said about waking up in the morning. I actually had a few times in my life when I woke up with a feeling of happiness, usually when during holidays somewhere in nature.

Love and Gratitude

• Like 1

On 1/13/2018 at 4:17 AM, Patrick Willi said:

How should shadow work be done, so that it is not effecting the daily life and happiness of someone? How to do shadow work without messing up your life? When it's enough? When can we start focussing positive again. I am sick of dwelling and intentifying negative beliefs. 

I think this depends on the degree your brain is able to process the coming information. See, that's why there are people who are more sensitive than others. If you can't process it then it's like your brain goes into self-preservation mode, perhaps, untill you learn to manage it. So, as Mai-da said "do what you are called to do" - focusing on that is the best you can do because it will lead you where you need to be anyway.

On 1/13/2018 at 4:17 AM, Patrick Willi said:

It is a very practical questions and I give another example: I set my alarm clock at 4:30 to watch the sunrise. The moment i wake up, i don't feel like waking up, but if I push the negative thoughts away, I will be able to wake up. Sitting at 5 am at the beach gives me a feeling of happiness and no regrets not listening to my negative thoughts. But have I suppressed something? 

I was listening to one of the older Teal's videos earlier and there was this line " Socialization is a must in unawakened society" which really hit the nail for me, lol :))))