Sleeping positions

12 posts in this topic

I noticed some interesting things about how I sleep and how I slept as a child.

As I was younger when I slept I had my arms crossed over my chest like mummies and vampires do.  I always wondered what that meant.  

How do you sleep and what do you think that might mean?

I always start by falling asleep on my side usually not facing my wife, then after I'm asleep I roll over and sleep on my back. I think for me it's having some "me time" before I drift off to sleep, it allows me to be alone in a way. 

X

4 minutes ago, authorofdarkness said:

I always start by falling asleep on my side usually not facing my wife, then after I'm asleep I roll over and sleep on my back. I think for me it's having some "me time" before I drift off to sleep, it allows me to be alone in a way. 

I used to do that when I was with my ex I get what you mean.  

They hate that sometimes lol

12 minutes ago, Yamanu said:

X

I used to do that when I was with my ex I get what you mean.  

They hate that sometimes lol

It's not personal, I just need sometimes to resolve issues in my mind. My wife asks to be held sometimes and I oblige her I always want to support her, but I do like my space. 

2 minutes ago, authorofdarkness said:

It's not personal, I just need sometimes to resolve issues in my mind. My wife asks to be held sometimes and I oblige her I always want to support her, but I do like my space. 

I get that lol 

I actually didn't have the best gf for me at the time.  Our energies didn't mesh well so sleeping with her was like dying slowly because I could also sense the things she was hiding.  

Its hard to sleep with other peoples feelings in my auric field especially when those feelings are negatively polarized.

Just now, Yamanu said:

I get that lol 

I actually didn't have the best gf for me at the time.  Our energies didn't mesh well so sleeping with her was like dying slowly because I could also sense the things she was hiding.  

Its hard to sleep with other peoples feelings in my auric field especially when those feelings are negatively polarized.

I went through that but my wife and I are a good match now. I feel peace in the room not tension, love it.

22 minutes ago, Teena said:

@Yamanu I am not comfortable sharing mine lol  but when I get comfortable I will share 

Lol take your time I wasn't comfortable with people seeing me sleeping.

My friends would be like you sleep like your in a sarcophagus ?

3 minutes ago, Yamanu said:

My friends would be like you sleep like your in a sarcophagus ?

@Yamanu I didn't know this word 'sarcophagus' i had to look it up lols. 

5 minutes ago, Teena said:

@Yamanu I didn't know this word 'sarcophagus' i had to look it up lols. 

Lols its another word for coffin.  

Who knows maybe I was an Egyptian or wherever I cane from may have had similar customs. 

Or maybe I was a vampire and still am just haven't realized it yet ?

1 minute ago, Teena said:

@Yamanu I have heard that position implies you keeping yourself to you like not that open to the word 

Yea people also told me that having your arms crossed is a sign your not open during conversation.

I guess for more ordinary people that would be true.

For me though its more a representation of how put together I am.  

Its a symbol of power in my case because I'm open and relaxed enough to not worry about my body language.

I've learned however that I need to watch my body language a bit though because I voice my thoughts so assuredly if I have my arms crossed or if I stand a certain way people get intimidated more often than not.

People think I'm arrogant cause of how I stand, walk, talk, look around lol. Then get to know me a bit and realize I'm not.

Girls tell me I look like a guy who thinks girls should approach me instead of me wasting time approaching them ?