Ramses Rodriguez

Attunement to your food... Vegetarian vs Omnivorous

Diet Attunement  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attuned to animal suffering currently?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you attuned to plant energy?

• Yes
    • No

5 posts in this topic

Attunement to you food... Vegetarian vs Omnivorous

Hello all, 

So I know this could be quite controversial but I admit that I am asking this from a place of complete naivety....

I recently saw Teal's video on attunement and some interviews where she and her partner speak of their decision to become plant-based eaters. From what I understand, they have attuned to animal suffering and no longer can fathom eating meat. Teal has also mentioned that meat does not ground but rather lowers vibration.

I resonate with these rationals and have been migrating to a vegetarian diet. But the shocker in all of this came when my roommate said to me "that's stupid, plants have feelings too." My immediate reaction was to dismiss her. But then I got to thinking about a book I read on Empathy. There are plant/earth Empaths!

So my questions are, do plant empaths feel plat suffering? Is that something that plants experience? Do they suffer if they are harvested and eaten? Does source energy come into earth as plants with the intention of them becoming food?

I have conflict about this topic because If I attune to animal energy, am I hurting plants when I eat them? Am I hurting animals if I attune to plant energy?

I posted a survey along with these questions. I'm curious to know if folks are attuned to plants or animal suffering.

If you are a plant empath, or attuned to plants or animals in any way, chime in and help me out with this conflict.

Best,

Ramses R.

Edited by Ramses Rodriguez
typo

This is something I also encountered when sharing about my vegan lifestyle.  A friend of mine told me that plants have feelings too. And yes, they do. It's been proved by science. Wether or not they are the same kinds of complex feelings that humans experience, I have no idea, but if you attach a plant to a lie detector, the detector will react even if you think about hurting the plant. Although as an empathic person this might concern you, I think you're contributing to peace on earth a lot right now just by going vegetarian, so thank you for making that shift! Remember to remind yourself that not many people are as aware of animal suffering as you are, so you're doing great already:) Also, being a vegetarian has a positive impact on plants from the broader perspective, since it helps the environment (the documentary called Cowspiracy is great proof of that). So it's really about choosing which diet causes the least harm in your opinion.

As Mark said, the attitude of gratitude works wonders, and people in the ancient times knew this. This also applies to animals, and that's why the native Americans used to bless the animals they hunted before (or after?) killing them. So if you feel too worried, I think you should try and bless your food before eating or preparing it. And again, remind yourself that you're already doing great by being a vegetarian. Also, if we believe that everything is essentially consciousness, that every particle (atom for example) is conscious of itself, then there is really no way to avoid hurting something or someone at some point in your life anyway. Even you walking on grass may hurt the grass, but you can't really live your life being afraid of every step you take. That wouldn't be conducive to your own wellbeing.

Also, breatharianism is something we will eventually evolve to, but I think (having researched this topic a lot) we should not be perfectionists in the spiritual field and try to jump the gap too quickly from eating solid foods to living from prana. I would also like to add to Mark's reply, that breatharians do not really live off of air or breathing, rather, they "eat" or consume energy, prana, or chi, whichever term works best for you. The breath in breatharianism has to do with the intake of life-force energy with every inhale. But the polluted air does play a huge role in wether or not you are able to be successful at the pranic lifestyle.

Anyway, I hope you can be at peace with your decision to eat plants, since like I said, it makes a huge difference in your, the planet's and the animal's wellbeing. And if you still feel like you are afraid of eating them, maybe you could try and find out if you have a belief system underneath this worry, by applying Teal's method for finding a core belief? Hope this helped!

• Upvote 1

Teal actually mentions this in one of her interviews. She says plants are conscious of being harmed but they have the least amount of resistance to being killed. So, there is SOME suffering caused when you say, step on the grass or even ingest plants, but not as much as an animal with a complete nervous system.

On another note, fruit can be argued to be the highest vibration of food, because it is an offering from the tree to other mammals.

Here it is: 

Edited by Krystine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Even if animals and plants suffered the same amount, and if one is attuned to the suffering of plants... one actually reduces the suffering of plants more by eating vegetarian or vegan, than omnivorously, because the omnivore eats plants, plus the plants that went in to the animals and animal products, which are more plants than just eating the plants directly, which vegans do. ;)