Ramses Rodriguez

Homosexual Relationship Dynamics/ Authenticity vs Oversharing

Homosexual Relationship Dynamics/ Authenticity vs Oversharing

Hello all,

I'll get straight to the point. I am a gay man who has been in relationships with men who are not fully out in their careers and/or some family or friends. In some cases they have been out but did not talk about their partner to their family.

Here is the deal. I feel that I have learned a lot from these relationships and would like perpetuate authenticity by sharing relationship dynamics with the world to some capacity. My issue is that I don't want to do it at the expense of their life. Should I speak out anyway?

Often I find that there is open communication about heterosexual dynamics where the nuances of homosexuality are not addressed. I would like to speak out in the spirituality community about this in some regard but don't what kind of boundaries will be crossed. 

I guess I'm also throwing this out to get a feel of what the community thinks about such discussion. Is anyone interested in hearing/discussing homosexual relationship dynamics? Would anyone find this helpful? 

Anyhow, I feel that this could be useful and I am willing to set some of this in motion (youtube channel maybe?) but I kind of want to feel it out with you all first. 

Please share your thoughts with me.

Best,

Ramses R.

• Like 1

Hi!

I think it is very wise of you to consider other people, their privacy and boundaries  when sharing your personal experience. Please do! It doesn't have to be in a very direct way, or you could also check in with some of them/ let them know if you are not sure about smth. The way I usually do it is by placing myself into the other person's shoes and see how would that feel if I came across TT and saw it. Very-very helpful. 

Also I am sure there are always people out there who appreciate what you have to say on this matter regardless of their sexual orientation. 

Thank you Garnet!

Yes, you're right. As I was reading your reply I immediately started thinking of Teal's "octopus technique." I will give this a try. Stay tuned for my new post about this. 

Thanks for the words of encouragement and guidance!

Be well!

Ramses R.

• Like 1