Sign in to follow this  
josephineqr

Does chiropractic treatment helps to cure neck pain?

Does chiropractic treatment helps to cure neck pain?

Hey! I am in search of the best chiropractor in Toronto. I am a software engineer and I am struggling with neck pain for years. My neck sores after sitting in front of the computer for too long. Doctors call this syndrome as computer neck. My job demands me to work using computers, so there is no other way than sitting in front of it and working. I tried some exercises to relieve the pain. But nothing really worked. One of my colleagues suggested consulting a chiropractor. Do you think this would work? Is there anyone here who had a similar experience? Please share your experience and opinion on this. Any other suggestion is also welcome.

When I was about 18 years old I had huge neck pain.  Thanks to bad posture, the natural curvature in my neck had straightened out.  The chiropractor thought my neck was terrible.  (She was right.). She performed her manipulations and things did get better.   I believe that I did need her adjustments to get back on the road to spinal health.

Chiropractors would have you believe that everyone needs adjustments throughout their lives for optimal functioning.  I doubt that is true.  However, I do believe that everyone needs some kind of spinal exercises.  For me, when I am under a doctor’s care, I get lazy about exercise.  

There are lots of people who want to get a crack at your back (chiropractors, physiotherapists, yoga instructors). I would recommend that you go to a physiotherapist for a while and take up some form of yoga.  

Lately I have been into kundalini yoga with a side of vinyasa.  My spine is feeling better than it has is many years.