Sign in to follow this  
Garley

Chiropractic treatment for scoliosis

Chiropractic treatment for scoliosis

Hi, I am pregnant and this is my first trimester. I have got another kid, Jane.

I have got severe pain in my right hip. I find it difficult to walk and am unable to pick up my son. I tried exercising and stretching, but they neither helped the pain. I find it very difficult to deal with my day to day activities. I find it difficult to exercise and to sit on the floor to play with my son. Also, I will become sick easily nowadays. I think all of these symptoms are related to the pain.

One of my friends suggested undergoing a chiropractic adjustment from Mississauga. Is this treatment effective in reducing the pain? Is there anybody over here who has undergone this treatment? How was your experience? Please share.

This is a late response and I hope you've sought treatment by now.  To me it sounds like you need to treat the scoliosis rather than focus on pain management.  I see a chiropractor and a physical therapist for my scoliosis.  My chiropractor does CLEAR, and my PT does Schroth.  Please look into the CLEAR Scoliosis Institute and the Schroth method for scoliosis if you're unfamiliar with those.  This combination has been golden for me!  In a year of treatment, my curves decreased from high 40s to mid 30s.  My back is much stronger than it was before.  The pain has gone away because I've learned to breath into the muscles that pull my spine back into alignment.  (Scoliosis causes very weak muscles in particular areas, which in turn worsens your curve over time, meanwhile other muscles strain themselves to make up for that weakness, resulting in pain.)

I would highly recommend these treatments.  It's not enough to see any old chiropractor - adjustments aren't enough.  See professionals who specialize in scoliosis treatment.  Also, I do yoga regularly, which helps with body awareness and spirituality, although I do many modifications due to the scoliosis and consult my PT on what modifications I should make.  Some poses, e.g. standing twists, are not good for my curves/rotation and can actually increase pain.  I also do not do any exercises that compress the spine, e.g. deadlifting.  We need to be more thoughtful about the physical activities we partake in, so having someone who is truly knowledgeable about scoliosis helps tremendously.  In my experience, many professionals know what scoliosis is but do not understand scoliosis.  Find someone who understands scoliosis.