desiresass1

Any insights about sedation dentistry?

1 post in this topic

Any insights about sedation dentistry?

Hey! I’m 26 years old living in Mississauga. I had a very bad experience of tooth extraction when I was 10 years old. Since then visiting a dental clinic is a nightmare for me. Whenever I had a toothache, I used to try home remedies to get a relief from the pain. But recently, I have been experiencing severe toothache. I applied clove oil and rinsed my mouth with warm salt water. It did give some relief for the time being but later that night I was not able to sleep because of the pain. One of my friends said it might be due to the eruption of wisdom teeth. I’m not able to tolerate the pain. Is there anything else that I could try at home to reduce the pain? My friend suggested sedation dentistry. She said that under the influence of sedation, I will be relaxed and won’t feel the pain. Also, she added that I won’t even remember the procedure afterward. I felt relaxed after hearing about the sedation dentistry but I’m worried. Will there be any side effects? Has anyone here undergone sedation dentistry? Did you feel relaxed during the entire procedure? Please share your experience. Thanks!