6 posts in this topic

Spirituality and alcohol

I have been wanting to start this discussion for some time now. It seems that society and especially the spiritual communities talk about diet, bad foods, opioids, marijuana, hallucinogens,  and almost everything else that we put into our bodies that alter our vibration and state of mind, yet the discussion about Alcohol has been glazed over and almost avoided altogether. To me its the most accepted and expected detrimental substance that we use in our society today and i wonder why that is. Why is this the substance that we cling to yet we wont put animal products, other chemicals, or non organic foods into our body.  I know that Teal has mentioned in her video "spiritual diet" that alcohol was one of the worst substances you can put into your body but then there hasn't been more conversations or videos about it anywhere. I would really like her to do an episode geared totally towards this subject because it is not only one of the top causes of death in our society, it has immense spiritual consequences that affect everyone. Why aren't we having more conversations about this? Especially as a spiritual community and how it affects our capacity to heal, reach higher states of consciousness, and WAKE UP! 

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 9.54.51 AM.png

"Why aren't we talking more about this topic?"   I'd say that, it's a pick and choose our battles kind of a thing.  Also, I don't find it very inspiring to newcomers to start off at the bat, automatically, that there is something wrong with them.   It seems as though, you're making it, you don't belong here if you... Drink, do Drugs, Eat Meat, are a sex addict...   I think the soul inherently knows these things and are naturally addressed through the healing/integration process, into becoming the person you aspire to be...   

It's a good topic to bring up,,, Thank You for the Sharing!!!    I'd said, share you're beliefs in a casual way which will help people adopt 'not drinking' choices, as if it was their idea that they came up with... not as a directive from a parent or a doctor.   "I feel so good as I am... it's weird, I don't even miss drinking... My former self would say that's fucked up... and My current self agrees 100%"  (True example of me).  

• Upvote 1

Each chick has its own time to get out of the egg, the same with Awakening, it's not about substance your filling mouth it's about awareness how your care about your body as your spirit vehicle.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, @vincent and @David B for your great responses. Yes, i agree that it is in one's own time to change and awaken. I just think that as a whole, we need to have conversations about alcohol as to help shed awareness on it just as we have about food etc.... Thanks again and I appreciate your opinions. 

• Upvote 1

This is also a very great article about alcohol and spirituality. I really love it because it takes into account the scientific and physical processes that occur in the body and brain when consuming alcohol. So if we truly believe that spirituality is the connection of your spirit and your body into wholeness, it's not possible to achieve that connection when consuming this substance. This is a great read. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts. 

http://www.alternatives-for-alcoholism.com/addiction-and-spirituality.html 5a3d4adbcd07a_ScreenShot2017-12-22at11_08_07AM.png.8ea13a75304d0340a9bffc77a1545784.png