JeskaFaye

What is Shadow Work exactally?

6 posts in this topic

Shadow work is bringing light to the subconscious, understanding the reasons behind why some thing repeat in your life for example, bringing the conscious to the subconscious, understanding why you keep acting certain way for example... It's bringing light to the shadow, to the things we have repressed or are still repressing, denying, disowing, that are part of us, are us... There is video by Teal on it, titled similarly to the question here :) Good luck 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree with what Mai-da wrote in her answer. I judt want to add my own two cents:

we know our conscious minds quite well but sometimes our subconscious has more of an effect on us than we realize or we even care to admit.  Carl Jung called the parts of ourselves that we are normally not aware of the shadow.  The shadow isn’t necessarily dark in the sense of evil but it is dark in the sense that it is mostly hidden from what we normally think about ourselves.  However you can come to know more about your shadow by introspection.

Shadow work and Teal’s  “Completion Process” are essentially the same thing, in my honest and current opinion.  But the Completion Process has a strong and defined structure (set of steps to follow).  Shadow work may be less structured or differently structured. 

• Like 2

i am not sure how true this is: I find Shadow work to be more observant, revelatory, understanding the reasons, as well as your identity, while processes like the Completion one, are intended to change the causation of a trauma, there are more trauma targeted, and how to reverse the reaction of the nervous system... something like that. I love your answer, very complementary. I also sometimes identify shadow as something dark, but it's true it's not specifically that... The term is ambiguous though.  

Edited by Mai-da

I attended the Syncho-Workshop on the queen mary yesterday and bought the Process book <3 

On 12/7/2017 at 10:50 PM, Mai-da said:

Shadow work is bringing light to the subconscious, understanding the reasons behind why some thing repeat in your life for example, bringing the conscious to the subconscious, understanding why you keep acting certain way for example... It's bringing light to the shadow, to the things we have repressed or are still repressing, denying, disowing, that are part of us, are us... There is video by Teal on it, titled similarly to the question here :) Good luck 

Thank you! I just bought the Process book at the workshop yesterday on the Queen Mary!I am so happy I went to the workshop yesterdat!I was a magical experince!

I had a really bad car accident when I was a child and I never really worked through it all.

Edited by JeskaFaye
  • Like 1