Scot

6 things miserable people do

9 posts in this topic

Here is a link.  This seems so true!

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/8-things-that-only-truly-miserable-people-do

Here are 6 of the 8 things.

1. They manage to find the worst in everything – always finding the down side.

2. They hate their friends.

Miserable individuals seem to make "friends" with other miserable individuals.

3. They spend as much time as possible distracting themselves from reality.

4. The first thing they do every morning is get pissed off about having to get up.

5. They don’t like themselves very much, but still think they’re better than the rest of the world.

6. They believe those who are happy must be ignorant, yet are still jealous they can’t be as happy themselves.

10 hours ago, Morpheus Wildcard said:

at least one day a week i'm  miserable as fuck.

Why is that Morpheus?   I humbly ask that you give one simple example. 

Be open.  Be honest. And keep it simple.

I resonate with 6 a lot. I don't know if it's jealousy though, but it's hard to believe someone can be happy while seeing all that is wrong with the world and human behavior. Ignorance isn't bliss for those who see the suffering and how problematic the world is. I'm ignorant about my "purpose" in life, and that isn't blissful for me. I'm ignorant to why I supposedly came down here to experience the life that I do. I'm ignorant to a good enough reason that existence even has to exist. I'm ignorant to the reason to hope that life will be what I want it to be. It seems the only way to get what I want is to have to do what I don't want to do, and I hate that about life.

Here are 6 of the 8 things.

1. They manage to find the worst in everything – always finding the down side.

Oh no, I'm feeling despressed now...

2. They hate their friends.

Miserable individuals seem to make "friends" with other miserable individuals.

Oh no, now I hate myself...

3. They spend as much time as possible distracting themselves from reality.

What was that - oh that's a pretty colour - what was the question..?

4. The first thing they do every morning is get pissed off about having to get up.

Have a morning piss - oh no, that's me... What about during the night...?

5. They don’t like themselves very much, but still think they’re better than the rest of the world.

I like myself a lot - just not first thing in the morning, when I've eaten too much - again! or when I look in the mirror... "Hey good looking, what you doin'..?" Where were we...

6. They believe those who are happy must be ignorant, yet are still jealous they can’t be as happy themselves.

What a fucking stupid thing to say - man, some people piss me off. jealous as what, the nose on the clown is too red... Get a life!

Hey Scot, that's an interesting proposition you put forward. Do you think it may simply be a lack of self worth - why do you feel that about yourself? 
Teal's Q&A on following the feelings to get the root cause may help - have you tried it?
Also, try Teal's Self Concept Meditation and see what that reveals - then let us know...

Light
crystal Rob

• Upvote 1