Lisette Nilsson

Feeling exhausted after doing the Completion Process

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I've been practicing the completion process on myself for about a year and a half now, and normally I feel pretty good emotionally afterwards. However, over the past few days I've been doing the completion process on a lot of different memories (memories popping up within memories and stuff like that), and I feel like one of the "lost" aspects of me that I integrated was especially large. I could physically feel how it sort of came back and filled a big gap in me. Now, two days after, I feel pretty exhausted, and I don't feel motivated to do the completion process at all. Right now (even though I feel like the process has been really successful for me), I just feel like "Screw it! I hate doing this, it's depressing, energy consuming and draining and I hate it!", so I'm going to listen to that and not do any more shadow work for a while, until I feel like I have enough energy and motivation to work with the part of me that hates doing shadow work x) I think the reason why I might feel exhausted is because I've put a lot of pressure on myself recently. My mindset recently has been that "I need to work through my 'shit' as fast as possible so that it can stop destroying my life and so that I can finally have abundance, money, self-confidence and realize my dreams". Doesn't sound exhausting and harsh at all... *no pressure* xD 

Anyways, what I wanted to ask is, do you guys always feel energized and filled with positive emotions after doing the completion process, or do you sometimes feel exhausted or tired too?

Hello,

I was hoping that someone who practices the Completion Process would answer.  But it has been a day and so far, no responses.

So I will start with a disclaimer that I haven’t explicitly followed the Completion Process myself. I have read the book cover-to-cover and I think I can see value in the process.    I am very glad that it worked or works for you.   I would say that you should trust your gut which seems to be telling you “I just reintegrated a huge chunk and I need to take a little rest from Completion”.

i am sure that you just need to trust your instincts. 

Thank you!

I think so too :) I believe there have been many times when I haven't done the completion process perfectly right, but it still seems to have worked. Most of the time I feel peaceful and harmonious afterwards, although sometimes I feel tired and exhausted as well, particularly if I have done a lot of shadow work several days in a row. I have felt a strong need to ground myself lately, because I've realized that the more I get caught up in spirituality and doing inner work, the more I lose contact with the physical "reality" and my responsibilities, and so I basically end up focusing only on my inner world and neglecting my outer world xD *Hello dirty dishes, messy room and neglected responsibilities*. I have decided to start practicing yoga on a daily basis though, hopefully it will help me to ground myself.