Mahel

The Unconscious mind power

8 posts in this topic

This is my first time to visit this website and I wanted to start with a question. I believe this would be the right place to ask.

Would the unconscious mind be powerful enough to force us to do something we don't want? For instance, if we are stressed with work, school, trying to build a company, lack of sleep, would we want to end our life? The person I'm in a relationship with for seven years is confused with this because when he's by himself, he goes off the road somewhere by himself and when he snaps out of it, he doesn't recognize how he got there or know the area. He feels like he wanted to end his life when he was not himself. But his conscious/normal self knows he wants to live and have no desire to die. This is just recent. I think this is happening due to childhood trauma or the amount of stress in his life.

I'm seeking help from anyone who knows about the unconscious mind and how powerful it is. Has this ever happened to anyone or anyone you know?  Could the unconscious self be so tired and force him to stop everything?

Yes. People do unconscious things every day. 

You are also unconscious when sleeping. That's why you don't remember if you said anything out loud or not, moved or even got up.

However,  if a person doesn't remember doing something (especially that was very recently) while awake,  I would look if that was beneficial for that situation. 

Thank you for your response,

"Look if that was beneficial for that situation", meaning if what was beneficial? And yes it is in the past 6 months it happened about 4 times.

I’m not sure if not remembering would be beneficial just because he might actually succeed and end his life not knowing (in his conscious self) since he does not to die. 

Oh okay. I would think it is a good think it is benefial that he remembers afterwards..

Maha H

On 11/22/2017 at 11:09 PM, Garnet said:

Oh... I should have clarified myself better. I was talking about not remembering or forgetting. 

S

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:53 AM, Mark Joseph Middleton said:

By its nature there is some crossover with the subconscious, and by its nature it is everything you are not aware you are doing.

I like how you said this Mark, it clarifies it. So I’m thinking since both correlate, we can lose track of where we want to be. And i think this is what might be happening to my friend because if he is oblivious when he’s trying to kill/end his life then comes back to his subconscious a few hrs later, but freak out about why he had that kind of thought, then I don’t know how he will not have that happen again. Do you know of any mental/mind or any kind of exercises to do to not be completely unaware of what we do sometimes? 

I hope my question makes sense because I’ve never dealt with such things. Reading different people’s posts and your responses gives me hope and makes me happy. 

If you were in front of me I would give you a big hug.

He definitely can afford going to professional help but he believes if he seeks professional help, he would completely give up having a strong personality and become weak. But a few days ago, he was considering it.

What you say absolutely makes sense and  is what has happened to him. As a child his dad was very harsh on him and had physical abuse (not to the extreme) but he still remembers it. That in a way made him strong, but like u said, it could have side effects as well as an adult. 

He occupies himself with being a full time student, full time work and trying to build his own company and barely sleeps. But yes, any of those (in a way) could be used as a distraction to avoid the actual pain he's trying to burry.

It is interesting how you said it does happen when people are by themselves because that is exactly when he also gets off track, (while driving home or studying by himself).

I have to check on the 'if someone has told him being lonely/depressed is bad'. I believe his mom might vigorously does that.

Writing what he remembers and keeping a journal I believe would be extremely beneficial.

I will definitely check  Teal's 'The Completion Process', book.

Eventually, hopefully soon, I'm sure he will join here.

By nature, I'm usually really good about counseling people (about life in general) but I guess when it happens to someone you love/really like, you get a little confused and discombobulated.  

Mark, thank you for taking your time and writing all these directions step by step. This will definitely help. I'm glad to find a place where I can get help and understand my environment.

I was not able to respond from my cell phone for some reason.

But I agree with what you said Mark, as much as it is difficult to accept it is true.

I really do appreciate all the help