Elfa

Meditating for someone else

11 posts in this topic

I would like to know your opinion about meditating for someone. Does it provide some real effects or it only promotes a good feeling for whom is meditating? If it works how it affects the aimed person?

Thank you for reading my post! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I am sure that there are people who believe in metaphysical “energies” and “fields” and may say that the meditation could have an effect on the aimed person’s vibration.

On the other hand, there is no objective evidence of the existence of such energy fields.

There was a time my wife and I were sitting together in an airport.  I was meditating. Our arms were linked.  She said she could feel me relax and that helped her to relax.  On another occasion (again in an airport) I was meditating and she says she didn’t feel anything.

Apparently, there are these neurons in our brains called mirror neurons.  From Wikipedia:  a mirror neuron fires both when the animal acts and also when the animal observed the same action performed by another.  Thus the neuron “mirrors” the behavior of the other.  

From a google search:  Mirroring is believed to be the way in which the brain automatically interprets actions, intentions and emotions of other people....    mirror neurons are the brain feature that makes empathy possible.

Edited by Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think if you are not a pure channel, or someone purified enough, you can not meditate for another soul/person because to me that would just be an illusion, pretending. Many people think they meditate when they just concentrate, or relax, or thousands of degrees frequencies they reach that are other than meditating. Also the first phase I would say is purifying, you need to go through your own shit first, even in each meditation you do, (emotional cleansing, mental...) in order to reach soul awareness and stuff like that. You can always though send good vibes when your there, or just a good will well intentional thought is enough for the current to take it to the person. Just this wonderful intention behind your post says how much you care and are ready and you can of course inject an intention into your meditation for another person. The purer your heart is the more effective the meditation will be, what I think. You can transfer energy to whatever you are surrounded by, we're doing it either unconsciously, or you can do it consciously. When there is consciousness involved, it's nothing but love, so... Everything you can think of is possible :) 

muah

Edited by Mai-da
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meditating for someone else is not very different from praying. 

I personally pray everyday,  for people , for the planet, for a cause o just simply to have a closer relationship with the gods.

Praying is POWERFULL, so choose wisely what you are going to be praying for.....It might just come true.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ethosian said:

Sure It can, but it's up to them to let [fill in the blank] help them.  

Thank you for answering me! I think you raised an important point! I was wondering about meditating on a friend of mine in order to try to help her once I feel unable to reach her in others ways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Scot said:

Well, I am sure that there are people who believe in metaphysical “energies” and “fields” and may say that the meditation could have an effect on the aimed person’s vibration.

On the other hand, there is no objective evidence of the existence of such energy fields.

There was a time my wife and I were sitting together in an airport.  I was meditating. Our arms were linked.  She said she could feel me relax and that helped her to relax.  On another occasion (again in an airport) I was meditating and she says she didn’t feel anything.

Apparently, there are these neurons in our brains called mirror neurons.  From Wikipedia:  a mirror neuron fires both when the animal acts and also when the animal observed the same action performed by another.  Thus the neuron “mirrors” the behavior of the other.  

From a google search:  Mirroring is believed to be the way in which the brain automatically interprets actions, intentions and emotions of other people....    mirror neurons are the brain feature that makes empathy possible.

Thanks for the valuable information! Regardless the theory of "energetic fields" it is still possible to provide some kind of help by using mirroring. This gave me plenty of ideas! I could try to meditate with her instead to focus on my friend during a session. Also, I could work in my mood to have a better approach and to attempt to send a sense of well being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mai-da said:

I personally think if you are not a pure channel, or someone purified enough, you can not meditate for another soul/person because to me that would just be an illusion, pretending. Many people think they meditate when they just concentrate, or relax, or thousands of degrees frequencies they reach that are other than meditating. Also the first phase I would say is purifying, you need to go through your own shit first, even in each meditation you do, (emotional cleansing, mental...) in order to reach soul awareness and stuff like that. You can always though send good vibes when your there, or just a good will well intentional thought is enough for the current to take it to the person. Just this wonderful intention behind your post says how much you care and are ready and you can of course inject an intention into your meditation for another person. The purer your heart is the more effective the meditation will be, what I think. You can transfer energy to whatever you are surrounded by, we're doing it either unconsciously, or you can do it consciously. When there is consciousness involved, it's nothing but love, so... Everything you can think of is possible :) 

muah

Hi Mai-da! How are you?
First of all, I would like to say that since I've joined this forum I noticed how you always have kind words and positivity in your answers! It's really good to connect with people like you! 
I agree with your thoughts. I believe that awareness is the key that can change the result of our actions, even if we don't change the action in itself. 
I loved when you said: "You can transfer energy to whatever you are surrounded by, we're doing it either unconsciously, or you can do it consciously." I'll try to apply this to my daily routine and see what happens! :)
Muah! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Morpheus Wildcard said:

Meditating for someone else is not very different from praying. 

I personally pray everyday,  for people , for the planet, for a cause o just simply to have a closer relationship with the gods.

Praying is POWERFULL, so choose wisely what you are going to be praying for.....It might just come true.

 

 

Thank you for sharing your perspective! 

I never thought about praying, maybe because I used to correlate it with the Catholic church and with just reciting memorized words. However, as you mentioned meditating for someone or something it is not different at all. Do you have a specific way of praying? Or some tips for starting a practice? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2017 at 4:55 AM, Elfa said:

I would like to know your opinion about meditating for someone. Does it provide some real effects or it only promotes a good feeling for whom is meditating? If it works how it affects the aimed person?

Thank you for reading my post! :)

I've never heard of that actually . 

Yes, as it was mentioned above people pray for others in mind. 

Thoughts create connecting wires between people . There have been experiments done when people in one room were asked to think about a specific person in another room. They all were hooked up to computers with monitors. The experiment has shown that every time one person thinks about another person - their brains light up. So depending on the thoughts you are thinking this will always affect another person on some level or another. I would say it probably depends on the depth of their connection is wheather one can feel or not or..... the thought will show up as smth else. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Garnet said:

I've never heard of that actually . 

Yes, as it was mentioned above people pray for others in mind. 

Thoughts create connecting wires between people . There have been experiments done when people in one room were asked to think about a specific person in another room. They all were hooked up to computers with monitors. The experiment has shown that every time one person thinks about another person - their brains light up. So depending on the thoughts you are thinking this will always affect another person on some level or another. I would say it probably depends on the depth of their connection is wheather one can feel or not or..... the thought will show up as smth else. 

That's super interesting! Thank you so much for bringing those data!
Gathering all the information that this post brought to me I would like to do my own experiments with these ideas. I'll try to influence a close friend of mine with sessions focused on his well being without informing him about it and check if he experiences anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now