9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! Today I read Teal's blog post on the Strengths test, actually a tool that is used for the workplace, which takes your personality features and natural tendancies and finds the strengths within them. This was a godsend for me, as I tend to get so deep into shadow work and I depress myself so much by seeing my shadow aspects as dark, scary things that I can't ever escape and just have to accept. But this test actually made me consider otherwise, that my shadows are the very things which carry my brightest light.

My results of the test interested me (they give you a top 5)
1. Believing (having solid, core values and living by them) - this is partly thanks to my insistent shadow aspect! 
2. Significance (a desire to be recognised and the ability to have influence) - this comes from my need for validation!
3. Charismatic (enjoying meeting people and having people drawn to you) - coming from my low self sufficiency and resistance to conflict
4. Integrator (including people and bringing people together) - this again comes from my resistance to conflict/confrontation 
5. Ideation/Contextualisation (solutions finder and reflecting on the past to learn about the present) - coming from my idealistic/escapist tendencies and the way I dwell on the past

This test was a beautiful and healing experience for me. I would seriously recommend taking it - comment below what you got and your own story! I'd love to hear.

Here is a link to the test: 

http://freestrengthstest.workuno.com/free-strengths-test.html

and Teal's post about it:

• Upvote 3

Interesting indeed.

I got:

1.Student  (Individuals with the Student talent are energized by the process of learning)   Well this just fits me I love learning
2.Foreman (Individuals with the Foreman talent can be direct, decisive and take control of a situation)   I got a strong feeling I have this, though it is un-practiced 
3.Potential Cultivator (This talent provides the ability to recognize and cultivate the potential in others)   Yup I feel this
4.Solutions Finder (Individuals with the Solutions Finder talent love concepts and ideas)   yes...just yes
5.Equalizer (This talent can help them to treat people equally to promote impartiality and fairness) oh very much yes to this. I can sense this trait very deeply

It all described me so well I felt no need to explain much of anything :P 
Seems pretty accurate to me :) 

Edited by Jerry Tyfting
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JasmineAmethyst said:

This test was a beautiful and healing experience for me. I would seriously recommend taking it - comment below what you got and your own story! I'd love to hear.

Hey, @JasmineAmethyst! I loved seeing this post so much! I love these kinds of tests, and now is a great time for me to take one. Earlier, for fun, I made a profile on a dating website, and though I set all the parameters, it kept setting me up with people that were exactly the opposite of what I'd selected, lol. It was a disaster. I just kept thinking, I'd rather be taking a test about myself. And, here it is! 

1.Visionary (Inspired by the future and its endless possibilities. This talent can help to inspire people to create new projects and initiatives.) - Totally me, in every way. Once I start thinking on my novels, and really getting fired up, people just can't turn away. They want to go create something!

2. Understand Others (can have a unique ability to sense the emotions of others. This talent can help them to identify and conciliate people's emotions) - I'm feeling all the feels most of the time. I may feel like you more than I feel like me, lol. All the more inspiration to help you feel great! (Hello shadow aspect.)

3. Potential Cultivator (love to work around people's development. This talent provides the ability to recognize and cultivate the potential in others) - I love hearing about the dreams of others, and helping them to make an action plan to get there. Sometimes, that's just helping to weigh pros and cons. :) 

4. Motivator (can have a unique ability to get others excited about something. This talent can find and show the positive side to any situation and to reduce fear when confronting new situations) - Absolutely. I also tend not to freak out about anything, since I've seen a whole lot  of s*** getting real, and I'm still here! Poster child for the saying, 'Don't Panic.' 

5. Solutions Finder (love concepts and ideas. This talent can help them to see underlying concepts that unite disparate ideas) - I'm really starting to see a pattern here, lol. This really gets me fired up to help people with their story ideas and concepts, which I really can't wait to do. Man. I just love developing stories with people - especially their own. 

There are like a million others I can't wait to go through. Apparently, being unreliable is actually kind of a strength. I've been worried about that. I mean, no one wants to hear it put that way, but if I don't feel right about something after agreeing to do it for instance, (it can be going out with someone, btw, something small), I cancel. I always, always, always, serve with my gut, and my intuition. First. 

Much love! 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JasmineAmethyst said:

That was the point of my post, I was looking to see how my shadows come from/influence my lights.

Ah
Hmm there is a feeling I get from your post that I so want to get to the root of but I feel unsure if you would like someone "digging" or not.  

On 6/22/2016 at 5:35 PM, JasmineAmethyst said:

1. Believing (having solid, core values and living by them) - this is partly thanks to my insistent shadow aspect! 
2. Significance (a desire to be recognised and the ability to have influence) - this comes from my need for validation!
3. Charismatic (enjoying meeting people and having people drawn to you) - coming from my low self sufficiency and resistance to conflict
4. Integrator (including people and bringing people together) - this again comes from my resistance to conflict/confrontation 
5. Ideation/Contextualisation (solutions finder and reflecting on the past to learn about the present) - coming from my idealistic/escapist tendencies and the way I dwell on the past

Even when you write how and where each strength comes, you acknowledged your shadow... Lol I find you similar to me in that sense, but sometimes you can be just great... :)

Edited by Elif
  • Upvote 1

all 35 are 70 and higher as the numbers decrease up to 1

Strengths Test Results for:
Oniharu Yuzuki

Your Talents Results are:
(from highest to lowest)

Rank Talent Strength Potential Main Objective Description Score Video explanation
1 Information Excavator Information Input To dig and validate information. Individuals with the Information Excavator talent are good are digging into information and collecting things. This talent can help to collect and review things and information in order to find errors. 100 Click Me
2 Believing Believe Believe and doing the 'right thing'. Individuals with the Believing talent can have a solid set of core values by which they choose to live. This talent can enhance ethical standards and integrity, and when presented with alternative paths will tend to choose the 'right one'. 100 Click Me
3 Solutions Finder Ideate Ideate new ways to solve problems. Individuals with the Solutions Finder talent love concepts and ideas. This talent can help them to see underlying concepts that unite disparate ideas. 100 Click Me
4 Student Learn Learn to do things to reduce time to performance Individuals with the Student talent are energized by the process of learning and continuously improve their expertise. This talent can help to bring new or better knowledge to an activity or project. 98 Click Me
5 Personalizer Individualize Individualize people to understand their differences. Individuals with the Personalizer talent can have an innate sense to identify people’s differences. This talent can be used to find the uniqueness of individuals to create successful teams. 98 Click Me
6 Fixer Restore Restoration and troubleshooting to solve problems. Individuals with the Fixer talent can be very good at finding what is wrong in a problem and solving it. This talent can restore things to their normal functioning. 98 Click Me
7 Visionary Futurist Envision a better Future. Individuals with the Visionary talent are inspired by the future and its endless possibilities. This talent can help to inspire people to create new projects and initiatives. 98 Click Me
8 Thinker Intellect Intellect and thinking to filter information. Individuals with the Thinker talent can have deepness in their thoughts and are introspective. This talent can help to simplify complex information, concepts or ideas. 98 Click Me
9 Historian Contextualize Contextualize situations in order to not repeat the same mistakes. Individuals with the Historian talent need to know and look into the past. This talent can be used to look into the past to make better decisions in the present. 96 Click Me
10 Motivator Positive Positive attitude and motivation to move people. Individuals with the Motivator talent can have a unique ability to get others excited about something. This talent can find and show the positive side to any situation and to reduce fear when confronting new situations. 96 Click Me
11 Recognition Significant Get Recognition and be in front of others. Individuals with the Recognition talent can seek to have influence and to be important. This talent can generate the necessary drive to try to make a difference in the world. 96 Click Me
12 Commitment Responsible Be Responsible in order to complete activities. Individuals with the Commitment talent often take personal ownership of the promise they made. This talent can bring extra effort in order to follow through on commitments. 96 Click Me
13 Understand Others Empathize Be Empathic to people's emotions to help solve them. Individuals with the Understand Others talent can have a unique ability to sense the emotions of others. This talent can help them to identify and conciliate people’s emotions. 96 Click Me
14 Planner Strategize Strategize; plan and identify relevant obstacles (to avoid them). Individuals with the Planner talent can be able to see a clear direction through the complexity of a situation. This talent can bring efficient ways around obstacles in order to reach a goal. 93 Click Me
15 Prioritizer Focusing Focusing on important things. Individuals with the Prioritizer talent can have the ability to find and focus on the important things. This talent can bring a clear sense of direction and reduce the effort required to accomplish a task or project. 93 Click Me
16 Organizer Arrange Arrange and optimize resources. Individuals with the Organizer talent like to organize and can have the flexibility to place things right where they need to be. This talent can help people to figure out how all pieces come together for the best results. 93 Click Me
17 Analyst Analyze Analyze to find root causes. Individuals with the Analyst talent can be very good at understanding cause and effect. This talent can help explain how things work and how they are related. 93 Click Me
18 Potential Cultivator Develop Develop people's potential. Individuals with the Potential Cultivator talent love to work around people's development. This talent provides the ability to recognize and cultivate the potential in others. 93 Click Me
19 Group Relations Relate Relate in order to integrate groups. Individuals with the Group Relations talent like to have deep bonds and close relationships with others. This talent can have the ability to build stronger relationships between people. 91 Click Me
20 Unifier Connect Connect and unite people & things. Individuals with the Unifier talent can believe that there are few coincidences in life; every event has a profound meaning. This talent can help them to show there is a 'bigger' reason for every event in life and bring spirituality. 91 Click Me
21 Equalizer be Fair Be Fair and treat people the same. Individuals with the Equalizer talent are aware of the importance of treating people the same. This talent can help them to treat people equally to promote impartiality and fairness. 91 Click Me
22 Prudent Deliberate Deliberate carefully to find a safe solution. Individuals with the Prudent talent can take serious care when making decisions and will look to anticipate potential obstacles. This talent can bring a detailed step-by-step plan taking into account every possible scenario. 91 Click Me
23 Confidence Self-Confident Self-Confidence to lead or create new ways. Individuals with the Confident talent can trust in their abilities to manage their life. This talent can bring certainty when making decisions. 89 Click Me
24 Excellence Maximize Maximize performance by Focusing on people's potential. Individuals with the Excellence talent like to stimulate group and personal performance to their maximum. This talent can help them to focus on people’s strengths in order to improve from average to great performance. 89 Click Me
25 Presenter Communicate Communicate (messages) information. Individuals with the Presenter talent like to be heard and find it easy to convert thoughts into words. This talent can help them to explain complex concepts and use words to inspire action and education. 89 Click Me
26 Consensus Harmonize Harmonize in order to solve conflicts. Individuals with the Consensus talent can have the ability to calm tense situations. This talent can help in a conflict, to lookout for areas of agreement and search for win-win solutions. 89 Click Me
27 Flexibility Adapt Adapt in chaotic environments. Individuals with the Flexibility talent can have the ability to change direction as quickly as needed. This talent can bring great adaptability in order to work better in constantly changing environments. 87 Click Me
28 Charismatic Meet People Meet people to get new relations. Individuals with the Charismatic talent like the challenge of meeting new people. This talent can help to have a special magnetic appeal to others that will make it easier for them to create connections with people. 87 Click Me
29 Hard Worker Achieve Achieve results. Individuals with the Hard Worker talent can have a constant drive to accomplish meaningful tasks. This talent can help a person to be willing to work arduously to reach a goal. 82 Click Me
30 Integrator Include Include left out people to generate social improvement. Individuals with the Integrator talent can recognize when others are excluded and fully understand the repercussions. This talent can help the person to work diligently to include everyone and generate social improvement. 80 Click Me
31 Initiator Activate Activate new Projects. Individuals with the Initiator talent can allow a person to start a lot of things. This talent can help transform thoughts into actions and get things into motion. 80 Click Me
32 Foreman Commanding Commanding and directing (people). Individuals with the Foreman talent can be direct, decisive and take control of a situation. This talent can help a person to be a leader without fear of confrontation. 78 Click Me
33 Stucturer Disciplined Be Disciplined and create routines to avoid rework. Individuals with the Structurer talent like order and rules; they set a plan and follow it. This talent can bring order, discipline and structure into an activity or project. 76 Click Me
34 Winner Compete Compete with others to win. Individuals with the Winner talent love to measure their performance against other people. This talent can stimulate others to set higher standards for their own performance. 73 Click Me

Edited by AbsoluteWave
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Wind said:

I made a lot of tests in the past - I found them fun - but it's been a long time I find them too relative and limiting.

The results can also change a lot through time or even depending on my mood.

I don't trust tests more than I trust my own judgement or the direct contact with my emotions.

Whatever we are goes way beyond any tool for analysis. They can give some good information and complement with other tools and tests but by themselves alone they aren't of much value.

When different tests are put together, there is a lot of contradictory information because that is what we are, living paradoxes :) 

I don't like things that put people into categories and label them although they are useful and valuable at certain points in time.

Another perspective I might add is that many of the traits and strengths we have have carried over from past lives. In this life, those traits may not benefit us as greatly and may instead stagnate us.

For example, say you have a strength of building things from the ground up, structures that can last forever and of very good quality. In this life, however, you are learning to combine your energy with others and accomplish goals in a much quicker fashion. But you must give up your "way of doing things" (which to you, is the correct way and the only way) and be open to another's methodology.  

In conclusion you can ask yourself for each unveiled strength, does it energize you and has it brought you benefits in the past? If not, how can you apply that strength in a way you have never done before? Or perhaps it is a tendency you might consider leaving behind?

Fun inner work indeed :D 

• Downvote 1