Violyss

Problem having mental images

Problem having mental images

Hello,

I have trouble seeing and holding mental images. It's almost always blank and when I do get an image it's very faint and disappears almost immediately. I'm worried that I don't have the ability to use healing processes that use visualization. It seems like so many people are able to have a vivid experience in their mind and that they have a rich inner world. It genuinely feels like there's nothing in mine. Is it possible to not have the ability to mentally visualize?

Does anyone have a perspective or any advice for me?

Edited by Violyss

from my experience, the images are more of sensing the energy at first. that is the best way to describe. like you can feel the image thought you cant quite see it yet. eventually as you start trusting that your vision (though different from physical vision at first) is real, the visualization will get more and more clear with little effort. trust the process. it is a process. 

• Like 1

Hey, from my experience, images the soul is sending are short, it's enough to receive the image with the awareness. It's a process I agree with nova, and in time they will become clearer, trust the process yes. And also your ego and mind wants to hold onto stuff, know more, do more, have more, but your soul knows how much is enough for you. Maybe your inner world just starts to recognize itself and expand. Its a process, and honestly it seems you're confusing mental engagement with mindful intention, with psychic or intuitive knowledge and understanding. What you receive spontaneously is the soul, what you intend to visualize is your personal interest, in a way. If you can't visualize it means you don't want or need to visualize that there and then. And the healing usually starts with feeling... How i can describe it. 

Don't worry, many ppl overuse their minds, try to feel your truth, I would say

Best ?

• Like 2

It surprises me you asked this question. Because in my case it's the opposite i get a lot of visual or mental information about things, sometimes its great because its intution or creative, other times its negative information and exhausting. I would ask  you how do you not see things and see in blank? 

I'm guessing you might feel a bit more receptive to another intuitive modality first. Teal spoke about it once : the emotional intuitive, the mental intuitive, the physical intuitive and cant remember the last one, i think its the claircognizance intuition or something, when you just know the answer 

I would recommend you meditation and see what  thoughts, body sensations, feelings and images show up.

Edited by Vania
  • Like 1

I was in a bad car accident as a kid. I still get visions of me crashing when I am driving or just in the car all the time but I try to shake it off and muscle through.I don't know what else to do?

9 hours ago, JeskaFaye said:

I was in a bad car accident as a kid. I still get visions of me crashing when I am driving or just in the car all the time but I try to shake it off and muscle through.I don't know what else to do?

It's a PTSD, I don't know how Teal deals with it, but it's maybe same as dealing with trauma, reliving it and changing the causation , so you don't have to go through all that every time

But if what you're doing already works for you, don't abandon it , :)

Edited by Mai-da