How long do you meditate?

42 posts in this topic

When you meditate how long do you normally do it for?  

Do you ever do any extra?

@Yamanu I mediate for about 10/15 minutes sometimes I want to stay in the feeling of bliss so I stay longer.....what about you?  

4 hours ago, Teena said:

@Yamanu I mediate for about 10/15 minutes sometimes I want to stay in the feeling of bliss so I stay longer.....what about you?  

I meditate for 2 - 3 hours 2 times a day normally.

If I feel close to breaking my limit it'll be all day.

3 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

15 minutes, it's usually a thing I do before I go to bed to help me settle down and sleep better. 

I know what you mean I do it before I sleep every night and before I move after my dream when I wake.  

9 minutes ago, Teena said:

@Yamanu wow I don't think I will be able to do it that long

Yea it all depends on what your purpose for meditation is. 

I tend to go to the extreme with every task I undergo lol

31 minutes ago, Teena said:

@Yamanu@Teena The way I feel is complicated.

When I'm alone I'm blank and there's just my energy.

When I'm with or even in a house with other people I take on their personality and feel what they feel even if I don't know it.

I noticed this finally on one day when my ex friends Gf came to me to say something and I just outbursted "I'm not going for that shit." I had no idea why.

Come to find out she was just about to say some be I'll just leave out of this lol

2 minutes ago, Yamanu said:

When I'm with or even in a house with other people I take on their personality and feel what they feel even if I don't know it.

@Yamanu you seem like have psychic abilities! 

15 hours ago, Yamanu said:

When you meditate how long do you normally do it for?  

Do you ever do any extra?

I do 5 minutes when I first awaken, then entrain with a future self (which is like meditative practice, with your eyes open and blurred) for 20 minutes. 

If I feel called to meditate for longer, it's usually after I receive a 'transmission' or what feels like an energy feed that courses through me. I don't fully understand it yet, but I know it's giving me information about my life. 

5 minutes ago, Teena said:

@Yamanu you seem like have psychic abilities! 

Its not that simple I wish it was.

I completely take on the energies around me.  I don't have a choice its like I'm a mirror and whatever I'm around I not only reflect but absorb as well.  

That's why my environment and personal engagements with others must be regulated extremely carefully.  

The more powerful my aura becomes the easier it is for me to purify the energy that enters it at the point of encounter that's one reason why I meditate so much.

9 minutes ago, Stephanie Wintermute said:

I do 5 minutes when I first awaken, then entrain with a future self (which is like meditative practice, with your eyes open and blurred) for 20 minutes. 

If I feel called to meditate for longer, it's usually after I receive a 'transmission' or what feels like an energy feed that courses through me. I don't fully understand it yet, but I know it's giving me information about my life. 

I know what you mean.

Often I get surges through my crown chakra and I'll just drop everything and meditate when that happens it feels like I'm having an orgasm.  In the sense of the word.

1 hour ago, Yamanu said:

I know what you mean.

Often I get surges through my crown chakra and I'll just drop everything and meditate when that happens it feels like I'm having an orgasm.  In the sense of the word.

Hey, it's a lot like that for me as well. 

That's so accurate. It's like rapid energy release through my eyes. I let the rapid eye movement just roll through. I could stop it if I wanted to, but it's never happened in a scenario where it's been an issue. It started after 'cracking' my pineal gland (felt like pop rocks glazing my brain, it was amazing). I experienced what they call 'the waterfall' in zen meditation (which I've done since about 18 years old). It's essentially feeling oneness for the first time, or nirvana. The white light that spilled down through me was brilliant. God, I love that memory.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stephanie Wintermute said:

Hey, it's a lot like that for me as well. 

That's so accurate. It's like rapid energy release through my eyes. I let the rapid eye movement just roll through. I could stop it if I wanted to, but it's never happened in a scenario where it's been an issue. It started after 'cracking' my pineal gland (felt like pop rocks glazing my brain, it was amazing). I experienced what they call 'the waterfall' in zen meditation (which I've done since about 18 years old). It's essentially feeling oneness for the first time, or nirvana. The white light that spilled down through me was brilliant. God, I love that memory.  

Do you see pixels?  When I was little sometimes while I was walking I would randomly see pixels and they overtook my vision.  I couldn't see anything for a couple seconds then it would go back to normal.

Now sometimes when I'm walking I see the pixels but my head heats up hot and I black out for a couple seconds then wake up on the floor.  It happens when I meditate too my body starts burning up sometimes sweating then the pixels take over for a sec.

When I read 'The Waterfall' my body gave a reaction so I'm inclined to know what that is if you'd tell me.