Geri

How do I remember my natural inclinations as a child?

Becoming aware of my need for self exploration has made my identity turn to mush. Who am I? What am I like? How do I act? What are my TRUE interests and passions?

I don't remember who I was as a very young child. Who would I be now if I was never given the limitations that I was given as a child? Who would I be if I was given ultimate freedom to express myself, dress, act, and be the way that I want. The thing is all I remember is looking to others to see what to be interested in. Watching others and thinking I should become more like them. 

How do I remember my natural inclinations? What is my TRUE favorite color? What clothes do I ACTUALLY like to wear? Is there a way or a process to remember who I was? Was I ever not a sponge, but a person who had their own desires? Because I don't remember.

• Upvote 1

You have very nice questions. Universe will answer soon. Continue seeking if not, inspiration, what you like, dislike, admire, reject , it's all you. Check feelings on everything, thoughts on all 

Maybe you're an observer now , act the way you feel in all moments , what I would say 

Loveliest questions :) universe will answer soon I am sure ? 

P.s. You like voguing right ? you are maybe just, a star ? (like all of us ??)

Edited by Mai-da
  • Upvote 1

To be honest I don't remember this kind of things too. I know I definitely wasn't as concerned with my clothes when I was little and when looking at some of my early photos it looks like my parents weren't concerned about it either. I'd say yes, we develop that sense later when we are around our peers. And that's often affected by our parent's financial ability . So, what could you do about it? not much.... unless you somehow start making your own clothes . 

I do remember what I liked doing because what I wanted to do I barely had any time for. School, school, school . ... 6 days a week . Plus homework . Plus books included into the program . .. ugh.

If I were you I would start sorting out what you already have. Literally each item you have. Can you say you love it? Or do you hate it? Also if it's so-so.... get rid of it.

• Upvote 1

since you are everyone and they are your mirror what you find attractive in other people is you, you wouldn't find it attractive if it wasn't you, same with hate, if you hate something that people do you hate that in yourself. Kids are like a empty canvas, they aren't programmed until you start yelling at them and they stop being their true self and you "correct" them. being a kid is a little taste of what it's like being your higher self, no limitations or you can't do that, just potential and we still have that but we are like a jaw breaker candy with layers and the layers are beliefs and experiences that keep us in those belief systems and limitations. We are all a work in progress so nobody is born being really good at something unless you are like a savant and can draw really well without trying. what would you do for free? if you had all the money what would you do? besides save the money lol. if you try something new why is making mistakes such a big deal to you? just questions, I don't know. your inner child is always there, ask your parents/family what you were like as a kid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/26/2017 at 8:26 AM, Geri said:

Becoming aware of my need for self exploration has made my identity turn to mush. Who am I? What am I like? How do I act? What are my TRUE interests and passions?

I don't remember who I was as a very young child. Who would I be now if I was never given the limitations that I was given as a child? Who would I be if I was given ultimate freedom to express myself, dress, act, and be the way that I want. The thing is all I remember is looking to others to see what to be interested in. Watching others and thinking I should become more like them. 

How do I remember my natural inclinations? What is my TRUE favorite color? What clothes do I ACTUALLY like to wear? Is there a way or a process to remember who I was? Was I ever not a sponge, but a person who had their own desires? Because I don't remember.

When you start to look inward, you discover that “you” are not the body.  “You” are the consciousness that resides within your body.  “You” aren’t even the mind. “You” are the consciousness that uses your mind. You are a consciousness.  You are a soul.

From the book “The Wisdom of the Vedas” (I never read the actual Vedas), the soul is attribute-less.  It does not have an age.  It is eternal.  It does not have a gender.  In the search for identity, you turn inward.  You find your soul but you discover that your soul is attribute-less.   Therefore, in your effort to find identity, you find you have no identity.  But that does not mean that you are nothing.   It means that you are actually everything. Your soul is not limited: it is infinite. Your identity is infinite until you start placing limits upon yourself.

At the core, you are a soul, but you have an mind and you have a body.  These parts are still “you” and these parts do have attributes.   These attributes give you certain abilities, and preferences.  These parts do limit the possibilities.

i would say don’t worry about discovering your natural inclinations as a child.  That would just be placing unnecessary limits on yourself.  Try discovering your natural inclinations now.  You will find that your natural inclinations are wide and complex.  Don’t put yourself in a box.  Let yourself experience the full breadth of possibilities that your infinite soul provides.  You will find that some things are for you, and some things are not.

Edited by Scot
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Scot said:

i would say don’t worry about discovering your natural inclinations as a child.  That would just be placing unnecessary limits on yourself.  Try discovering your natural inclinations now.  You will find that your natural inclinations are wide and complex.  Don’t put yourself in a box.  Let yourself experience the full breadth of possibilities that your infinite soul provides.  You will find that some things are for you, and some things are not.

thank you I needed to hear (read) that.