kk1111

Questions about self love

So I just watched Teal's video on loving yourself for a year. Asking the question: What would someone who loves themselves do?

I have a family gathering coming up, I don't want to go. There's no bad blood between us, but I don't want to deal with the awkwardness of it all. In fact, I wouldn't mind if my family forgot I existed. Can this be an act of self love? Deciding to not engage with situations that make me uncomfortable? I know most people would call this running away. But if I'm just going to make myself miserable then wouldn't avoiding that be a real act of self love?

Another example would be me being totally fine with my life and not wanting to improve it. I don't feel the need to learn anything new, to keep my apartment clean, or to excel at my job. All I want to do is get by and do whatever the hell I want in my free time, and that's mostly just sleeping, watching movies, reading, eating. I'm currently saving money like crazy so that I can invest, retire early, and just be a well-off bum.

Yes, I know that even asking these questions seem irrelevant to me. Because I'll probably just do what I want anyway. But I guess there is a part of me that wants to do "the right thing", whatever my higher self wants. But I can't discern that. Or maybe I can and it's what I've just said, and even though I LOVE both ideas, I'm still fighting it for some reason. ?

I would pay Teal Swan $200 to just ask her some dumb questions on self love...I can't find any type of coaching services though...

38 minutes ago, kk1111 said:

So I just watched Teal's video on loving yourself for a year. Asking the question: What would someone who loves themselves do?

I have a family gathering coming up, I don't want to go. There's no bad blood between us, but I don't want to deal with the awkwardness of it all. In fact, I wouldn't mind if my family forgot I existed. Can this be an act of self love? Deciding to not engage with situations that make me uncomfortable? I know most people would call this running away. But if I'm just going to make myself miserable then wouldn't avoiding that be a real act of self love?

Another example would be me being totally fine with my life and not wanting to improve it. I don't feel the need to learn anything new, to keep my apartment clean, or to excel at my job. All I want to do is get by and do whatever the hell I want in my free time, and that's mostly just sleeping, watching movies, reading, eating. I'm currently saving money like crazy so that I can invest, retire early, and just be a well-off bum.

Yes, I know that even asking these questions seem irrelevant to me. Because I'll probably just do what I want anyway. But I guess there is a part of me that wants to do "the right thing", whatever my higher self wants. But I can't discern that. Or maybe I can and it's what I've just said, and even though I LOVE both ideas, I'm still fighting it for some reason. ?

I would pay Teal Swan $200 to just ask her some dumb questions on self love...I can't find any type of coaching services though...

Self love doesn't have a shape or form, it's dependent on the person and where their able to move emotionally .   If going to your family gathering feels bad to you, the only thing that's keeping you from staying home is guilt and rejection.  "If i don't go my family won't approve of me."  So what you really are looking for is acceptance.  So.... knowing that, what would someone who loves themselves do?     I'm not you, but my best guess would be to seek out people who do approve of you whether or not you do things you feel obligated to do.   Love takes the quickest route,  fear takes the round a bout way. which in this case would be torturing yourself to feel the approval and acceptance that you desire

1 hour ago, kk1111 said:

set the intension of meeting her in a dream and there you go lol ask anything you'd like.

you don't have to go, you might get shit from your family but yeah you don't have to. Listen to your higher but know the evolving never ends, the desires never end, but if you love to read and watch movies do that. you changing for love outside of you isn't self love, you pretending to be someone you aren't to get someone to love you isn't self love, you get the idea, just listen to your own heart, your guidance in life.

Great! So I won't go. Lol. But I already knew that I guess. I guess you're right in saying that they would be unhappy if I didn't go, I didn't even think about that at first though. But I guess that's why I was fighting it. It makes me think that self love is just pure selfishness though. Nothing I decide has a "loving feeling" associated with it. 

I don't feel the need to seek out people for acceptance. I kinda just want to do what I want and if people want to connect with me...then maybe I'll give them some of my time to explore if I would actually want to connect with them more.

Teal says in the video that you'll know it's the right decision because you will feel a sense of relief when you start doing the action. Wouldn't that mean that everyone will default to their comfort zones? Not going to see my family gives me tons of relief. No akward conversations to manage, no pretending to be interested in someones daily life, no stressing out about remembering someone's name that I've only met two times in 30 years, when they know yours and everyone else's lol.

Anyway, I'm tried of this example. I would rather hear opinions on daily living. Like me having bad eating habits, not feeling like working out, or just being a lazy ass all day on my weekends and not accomplishing anything, even so far as paying for a maid because I can. Though the last time I had a maid come I did feel a little weird about it. But I just went out for lunch while she cleaned and didn't think about it!

I guess...I don't want to be "one of the sheep" in this world. I like the idea of being enlightened, of being a twin flame (I think I found mine...). I watch tons of videos and read tons of articles on the subjects, but I don't feel like doing any of the "work" that they all suggest. I guess I'm confused about how I'm going to become this enlightened person, come into Union with the love of my life, when all I want to do is just sit on my ass all day?

1 hour ago, kk1111 said:

I have a family gathering coming up, I don't want to go. 

Another example would be me being totally fine with my life and not wanting to improve it.

I would pay Teal Swan $200 to just ask her some dumb questions on self love..

Send money now : Ruski-self-love_hot-girls.love.ru  account: 31-313-313131331-00700. Access immediete if not before.

Small joke there kk111

Interestingly all approaches (MM and A7) are correct and yet none of them apply - until you make it so.

Take wanting to watch movies and not go to family gatherings (actually besides Teal $200 that was all there was)... that sounds like isolating yourself. NOW, you need to watch anything from Teal on being connected and Oneness and part of All That Is... basically you are linked to everyone else and are part of them. Even me. My love for you says that all things must pass - you will gradually get into a social environment and love it. You will have kids one day and then be part of a Family and want your family involved and love it. So simply put, you are only at a stage in your life where this feels like you need to do these alone and apart things. Fine. Maybe time alone, maybe isolation, maybe just solitude. Yet you have joined Teal Tribe... how interesting.

You are moving towards or away from... 

So have fun on your journey no matter what you do. The idea being, Joy is there in everything - you just need to look from other perspectives; is all.

Light
crystal Rob 

... and of course now your last Reply LOL...

Edited by Crystal Rob

On 10/16/2017 at 10:18 PM, Crystal Rob said:

I have a family gathering coming up, I don't want to go. There's no bad blood between us, but I don't want to deal with the awkwardness of it all. In fact, I wouldn't mind if my family forgot I existed. Can this be an act of self love?

Another example would be me being totally fine with my life and not wanting to improve it. I don't feel the need to learn anything new, to keep my apartment clean, or to excel at my job. All I want to do is get by and do whatever the hell I want in my free time, and that's mostly just sleeping, watching movies, reading, eating.

Wow just reading this part. Wow

Are you sure your family want to see you? I think they might already forgot about you.....

3 hours ago, Garnet said:

Wow just reading this part. Wow

Are you sure your family want to see you? I think they might already forgot about you.....

Haha, possibly. I've actually decided to go.

Do enlightened people EVER make personal sacrifices and do things that they don't want to do? Or does everything you do become something that you want to do? Do enlightened people have preferences? Does loving yourself mean that your actions are ALWAYS in alignment with your preferences? It makes me think about those bumper stickers that say "I'd rather be golfing". I can understand balance in life, but what if there's a huge golf tournament that you've been looking forward too all year, but also let's say...a funeral that came up? I would hope to not be judged on missing the funeral by my enlightened friends, especially if I decided that the person wasn't a big part of my life. 

Garnet, I've seen you write some amazing comments on other posts. Really helpful stuff. Do you think I'm a bad person, or maybe a troll? I don't even have the guts to tell my best friend (whom I tell everything) about this, which is one of the reasons the internet is so great, you can be your true self without so much fear. I didn't expect no comments such as yours, but not from someone who makes such great comments elsewhere. Like someone else pointed out, I may have these feelings, but I'm on this forum seeking answers, so it's obvious that I'm concerned at least a little about my feelings. And I'm pretty sure my posts come off as me being confused about them. I'm starting to come out of the hole a little, but man, when you're deep in a hole, sometimes there's like no light to be seen and it just looks like you'll be there for eternity. It can get quite scary for some people. Little do they remember that humans are pretty damn resilient, and they've probably been through worse but don't remember at the time.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, kk1111 said:

I guess...I don't want to be "one of the sheep" in this world. I like the idea of being enlightened, of being a twin flame (I think I found mine...). I watch tons of videos and read tons of articles on the subjects, but I don't feel like doing any of the "work" that they all suggest. I guess I'm confused about how I'm going to become this enlightened person, come into Union with the love of my life, when all I want to do is just sit on my ass all day?

Well that's a start...do you understand all that you've seen? Has curiosity killed the cat yet? Do you wanna sit on your ass all day because you truly enjoy it or because you feel most comfortable there? Sounds like you need to have a good conversation with yourself...writing has help me do that. Good Luck