Sign in to follow this  
jm105

Ruined my own life, don't know what to do now

1 post in this topic

Ruined my own life, don't know what to do now

Hey, I'll keep it really simple without going into the story too much.  I'm 26 years old.  I had a ton of interests when I was a child/young teen, but I didn't have enough foresight to structure my life so that I would be able to make a living out of those pursuits or even to learn or be involved in them at all.  I got lost in obsessive or addictive behaviors because of a deathly fear of my body, illness, self-hate, and lacking the concept that I could have positive results from doing anything.  I have wasted many years that I could have been using to develop a great life, but now I've already wasted the time and money that could have been invested in those pursuits.  I'm horribly depressed and I haven't had a social life or a generally good experience with people since I was a child.  Essentially I have wasted my life and let my spirit die over so many years that I don't feel compelled very much by the worth of whatever I can do from now on.  I will be in the shadow of the life I destroyed forever and that just makes me want to die.