Recommended Posts

The voice of knowledge

"The Voice of Knowledge " by Miguel Ruiz.

I found the description of this book very interesting . Read the attachment first.

I am an early talker yet I often fail to express myself verbally . 

Our son is a late talker and his self-expression blows my mind. He was four when he finally spoke in sentences . Untill then he was using numbers , shapes, simple words, his hands and body language mostly to communicate . I thought it was because we are bilingual family so it didn't bother us.

I am intrigued by this subject  because as parents we are super motivated to teach children to speak. There are plenty resources and help pretty much anywhere you look to help them get ready for success in school.

Could it be that we are speeding up children's natural development ?

 

SmartSelectImage_2017-10-04-11-28-02.png

SmartSelectImage_2017-10-04-11-26-38.png

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't speak as a kid and I got held back lol. emotionally and energetically I could feel everything but I wouldn't talk and I was bilingual also, even though my Spanish has gone to shit, but I still understand it. also when you know 2 languages you also can understand bits and pieces of other languages like French, Italian and even Portuguese. if I didn't know English I think it would be easy to learn because there is so much entertainment in English, the movies, shows, music it's in English and you will eventually learn it. imagine a world of polyglots :thinking-yahoo-emoticon: not just English being shoved in our face but all languages.

Edited by Alex7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Alex7 said:

imagine a world of polyglots :thinking-yahoo-emoticon: 

Ugh... I grew up in a linguistic environment and I wish I could say I fully grasped at least ONE LANGUAGE , lol

I had bilingual Russian /Belarusian school .  Started English at like 5-6... Then had to sit through Polish for three f years because it was included into our school program... i was bored to death and took German on a side. My excitement didn't last long.... it felt like torture and my English started suffering . .. so i dropped it.

Wanted to take French as a second language in college but didn't like the teacher .  Ended up with Spanish instead which was like nail in my head because I CAN'T ROLL MY "R" like others do. I am amazed that my parents never put me into a speech correction class or whatever its called and they knew my struggling!.. I always felt like a white crow every time i had to speak in front of the class.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Ugh... I grew up in a linguistic environment and I wish I could say I fully grasped at least ONE LANGUAGE , lol

I had bilingual Russian /Belarusian school .  Started English at like 5-6... Then had to sit through Polish for three f years because it was included into our school program... i was bored to death and took German on a side. My excitement didn't last long.... it felt like torture and my English started suffering . .. so i dropped it.

Wanted to take French as a second language in college but didn't like the teacher .  Ended up with Spanish instead which was like nail in my head because I CAN'T ROLL MY "R" like others do. I am amazed that my parents never put me into a speech correction class or whatever its called and they knew my struggling!.. I always felt like a white crow every time i had to speak in front of the class.

French is some what easy to understand but cant spell it to save my life, all the silent letters are confusing. :laughing-yahoo-emoticon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Alex7 said:

French is some what easy to understand but cant spell it to save my life, all the silent letters are confusing. :laughing-yahoo-emoticon:

???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every language has its accent tone. 

I think switching between English and German was the hardest for me. I didn't have much time in-between the classes. They also usually fall on the same day causing overlaps and delays in speech/pronunciation ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alex7 said:

coocoo mai da. I will not, it's bad, I understand better than I can speak it.

i meant Spanish 

I am so stuck in English now, but languages are like therapy for the psyche too. When you switch, you switch personalities.

do you have a favorite one ? sorry for the digression 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mai-da said:

i meant Spanish 

I am so stuck in English now, but languages are like therapy for the psyche too. When you switch, you switch personalities.

do you have a favorite one ? sorry for the digression 

I'm better at understanding, but what sounds good to me is Russian, south African accent is nice and French is nice, but I don't understand everything in French, and I don't know Russian or Zulu. you asked me to speak Spanish in the recording right? d'accord is okay. bisou is love or kiss? I know amour is love, but the way you used bisou was it love or kiss?

Edited by Alex7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yoo @Alex7  -> "beso" is kiss and "amor" means Love, also "de acuerdo" means Ok.

Very interesting read @Garnet  thanks for that!

I do Belive there is a difference that needs to made between the "Ego voice" that Don Miguel is referring to. Because it deals with culturally sanctioned models of reality and serves for navigating the social matrix.

 And the "Logos Voice"  as it relates to the concept of the holy other. Divine guidance and deals with the ancestors intuitive knowledge of the natural world.

My next video is going to be about this same topic! ????

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Alex7 said:

I'm better at understanding, but what sounds good to me is Russian, south African accent is nice and French is nice, but I don't understand everything in French, and I don't know Russian or Zulu. you asked me to speak Spanish in the recording right? d'accord is okay. bisou is love or kiss? I know amour is love, but the way you used bisou was it love or kiss?

bisous is kisses , yes, Spanish 

plein d'amour (lots of love) 

*

11 hours ago, Morpheus Wildcard said:

.My next video is going to be about this same topic! ????

paste it here, or pm if you dont mind 

and make it in Spanish too! for us here polyglots :P , de acuerdo amigo ? 

bisous 

Edited by Mai-da

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have an experience being around little children? When they are 2-4 years old and if you've never been around them you can't really understand what they are talking about. YouTube videos usually have subtitles added for that reason. But the parents of these children understand everything just fine! 

I know myself that words have always been like "a cover" for the emotions/feelings our son is trying to give a definition of. Just listening is never enough because we use the same words to describe different emotional states. For ex, when a child says "i am hungry " could be yes ,  he is hungry or it could a feeling he is looking for to comfort himself, occupy, get attention etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is always a tone to everything we say.

To continue on a subject of hunger I would like to add that there's a difference between wanting a certain type of food/ knowing it and just wanting smth to eat. The knowing comes from understanding your craving which is usually a result of having that food in the past. Not knowing is most likely a cover up.

Here's an example of a conversation that i have observed with different children including our son:

1) - Mom, I am hungry. Could you please fix me __________ or I want __________ (Fill in the blank )

2) - Mom, I am hungry 

    - okay . What would you like?

    - Ugh.... Idk... a _________ i guess  is fine...

=> RED FLAG

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A child can not describe what he doesn't know or what he has no concept of. And i have to say that as a parent it is not always easy to get to the root of the problem! and i don't have all the answers myself... so... the best i could come up with is to let/help him make a decision that he is at least sure of... close my eyes and keep my fingers crossed ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.