ndunderwood1976

Food

14 posts in this topic

Hi girls, Here is my tought on that subject; ( i'm from Québec Canada so I might mispell a little :) )

For me it make sense to eat fruits. The tree is making such effort to make it colorfull, sweet and butifull for us. It is an honor for me to accept it's gift <3.  No life is taken in eating the fruits ( comming from flowers ) that includes Zuchini, Tomato, bell peper ect. And we help him to spread his seed by tossing it way :).

I beleive we are primates ( monkey ) <3 and so I begin to eat according my  speacy ( primiate)

Véro xxx

• Upvote 3

I got the same opinion like Vero. not sure if it is because i am living in Quebec as well ? but it makes sense to me.  It is also making me feel good and with energy. I would not be so concerned about causing pain to plants when eating them i would be more concerned about whatever i think and believe about anything that i do because that is what ultimatly creates my own reality. peace & Love

• Upvote 3

Thank you for sharing these insights. I feel like I want to believe what intuitives believe, since they can see and feel energy that I am not able to. Many are vegan to avoid traumatic energy entering their bodies. This made me wonder, if plants feel trauma, how does that energy differ?

Good question... I remember Teal saying that you can't even step outside without causing pain because you step on grass and insects on the ground... So I guess it's about minimizing the harm as much as possible, not eliminating it.

• Upvote 4

It is a very valid question to be asking, infact i had myself the same question. I believe now that living in harmony with everything around is essential, i  know that does not answer the question but i find that trying to look for a perfects answers...  does not serve me. True wisdom starts when we realise how little we actualy know about the world around us. Peace & Love

• Upvote 2

This is such a great topic! 

3 hours ago, ndunderwood1976 said:

What do you think of the new research that plants feel fear and pain while being eaten?

I may have a bit of a different take on the plant perspective: I'm pretty energetically sensitive, so much so, that I'm working through being worried about what I eat at all if I don't have access to higher vibrational foods (plants!). That being said, when I do eat plants, I feel so in alignment, I truly believe that the plant matter is almost pleased to add to my vibration, thus aid in expansion since I feel better

I always thank and praise what's I'm about to consume, sometimes letting my food sit plated for long periods of time so I can kind of take in its energetic presence before physically ingesting it. It's like a spiritual practice I began when I started observing mindful eating (eating without distractions, observing the flavors, textures, being grateful in every bite, so forth). 

I drink probably between 60-80 ounces of spring water per day, so I'm already making my body a higher vibrational environment for the plants to enter into. I can only honor what I'm consuming, and know the energy is getting released back into reality for Source to learn from. I'm alright with that for now. 

• Upvote 2

One more thought (I'm kind of passionate about the energetic lives of plants): 

I'm also not completely unconvinced that a plant's environment isn't adding to its sum vibration. I'm about to help sort plants gathered and repurposed for a community outreach program tomorrow morning; these plants and veggies have literally been pulled off of the shelves of supermarkets and kitchens after their expiration dates but are still viable to be consumed. We wash and sort them to distribute them to 'food deserts' or urban areas with no access to vegetables at all. A plant consumed from your own garden has a controlled environment of some kind. Other than that, a plant's environment likely dictates what else you're consuming along with it. It may not be the plant's pain at all. Maybe the plants are just wicking the pain out of the environments they're in. :( I think if you've been to a Walmart, that's a pretty upsetting thought. Imagine a plant absorbing all that energy. 

• Upvote 2

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 5:24 AM, GabijaCij said:

I remember Teal saying that you can't even step outside without causing pain because you step on grass and insects on the ground... So I guess it's about minimizing the harm as much as possible, not eliminating it.

I had these thoughts too and then I realized that we chose to experience contrast and receiving and causing pain is definitely one major contrast.
Struggling being as vegan as possible I do tend to eat dairy products at times.
I practice to have compassion since I live in this "fika" loving Sweden, it is a conditioned tradition with "fika" once or twice a day. With good feeling memories attached to these sweet things I find it challenging to let go of it completely.

One cannot avoid violence. To live is to infringe upon others. We take space and resources which would otherwise be used by others. We take life to sustain our own.

I do feel this violence when chopping vegetables, and do not shy away from it. However, it does not seem to me that vegetation has a sense of self. As long as it's gift is honoured, I believe that it is happy to give its life.

• Upvote 3

If you decide to eat fruits, vegetables, herbs, ECT... make sure you feel happy about eating and and thankful for gaining its nutritional value. Same with animals, if you decide to kill an animal for consumption, make sure you do it out of love and you are thankful for the nutritional value you are about to eat. Respect people's decision on what they want to eat because if they are truly happy then that's all that matters. 

• Upvote 3

I watched one of Teal's synchronization workshops recently where she was discussing this topic.

Her position was that you should eat what feels good to eat. If you don't feel good about eating animals or animal products, then don't. She also mentioned that an eventual byproduct of collective ascension would be losing the need and desire for eating any food whatsoever. 

She also described the fact that all beings ranging from humans to plants to factory farmed animals came into this life with the understanding that there would be an 'energy exchange,' meaning we all serve as fuel for something else when we die. 

Personally, I took her position on ascension on a smaller, personal scale as well. Meaning that as we become more 'enlightened' in our current life, we'll become less attracted to eating meat and then meat products (that's what I've found to be true in my own life).

Very interesting subject :)

On 14.6.2016 at 4:52 AM, Crash Test Spiritualist said:

I watched one of Teal's synchronization workshops recently where she was discussing this topic.

Which workshop was this? :)