Mèo Aki

How to Overcome Extreme Fear?

11 posts in this topic

The question should be simple: How to overcome EXTREME FEAR, or at least be present with it?
Fear is one thing all of us should encounter and make peace with in our journey, and so is me. Let me describe my experience:

For example: Me trying to meditate in a dimly lit room. When I close my eye and try to go inside, all that's left is darkness and my ego.
It would not take too long until all the darkness suddenly turn malevolent. I would then find myself consumed by a overwhelming fear that takes over my body. My mind started to generate all kind of images of dangerous dark energy that's alive and is trying to invade my being. My ego would feel like losing control and losing itself to this darkness, and can not accept being consumed by it, like actually becoming the things that you fear most in life. Like dying. Or turning into a mindless monster.

Then I would soon give in to an strong urge to run away, to turn on the light, to again return to the safe reality I'm accustomed with. OR ELSE I would finally lose touch of my body and get lost in a void of terrifying darkness and can never return :"<

There are times I tried to embrace all of it (the feeling and those creepy darkness(es)) into my heart and let it freely merge with my being. And the fear actually lessen (a bit). But I wasn't brave enough to go till the end.

Writing these is fun, lol. But the question is serious. I pretty much understood what are the fear. But overcoming them is not that easy. Any suggestion is appreciated, guys.

maxresdefault.jpg.10a63a3f391bd9f2f8832736237467c6.jpg

This image alone is enough to trigger me lol. So I tried to keep it small.

• Upvote 2

this is why I don't watch scary movies, I know I will think of that, I hate when I'm watching YouTube videos or on the internet at night and I see a scary movie advert or the scary exorcist face, then I'm like I'm about to go to sleep god damn it! I'm not trying to think of that! I was afraid of the dark too then I could see energy in it and more subtle energy that has always been there, no ghosts or anything like that just your energy field around. when you meditate you turn off the loud ego senses and have access to more subtle energies not paying attention to thoughts or your leg or anything like that just any new input you are picking up on, seeing color or feeling energy in your body, hearing frequencies is what you are doing. there are layers to us and if you go In a dark quiet room you have access to more subtle energies that have always been there, but the mental body is pretty strong, that's your thoughts creating things that aren't true, they only feel true because its the loudest layer. the unknown is scary, but when you figure out the unknown now you know. All the layers are happening now, quiet the physical body boom out of body, now you are in your subconscious, outside of that is less dense realities, its sort of like trying to hear a needle fall in new York city, you wont hear it, but you can hear the needle drop In a quiet dark room, because no input is coming in, that's all it is. you could get in one of these to get rid of that fear. its just the unknown that is scary, like what is sleep! turn off the input from outside and see for yourself, lol you will go inside yourself if you consciously do it. Image result for sensory deprivation tank

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Are you sure it's the ego and mind doing all this as you say? you seem pretty terrified and anxious, it might be possession, which is nothing to be scared about, its just that you've opened yourself up to some energy that is now really near your consciousness and you can easily communicate with it. 

Whatever it is, seeing it as a separate entity, whether just a feeling, whether a self created entity, whether whatever, i am not that familiar, buy whatever it is, seeing it as a separate entity and appreciating its existence, since everything there is on this planet, is benevolent, everything comes for a reason, to grow and stuff, so just appreciating it and trying to commune with it, just recognise it or whatever is already being closer to it, its reasons, Your reasons, etc etc

it just sounds you are pretty anxious and stressed, how i felt, so it really might not be the ego but the self sending you images or smth 

its an option 

Edited by Mai-da

just will add, fear is definitely not the solution, but dismissing, denying, avoiding it, bulldozing it as Teal says, (i love that allegory), is not the solution either, so try holding both, fear, and courage/curiosity/interest/love/acceptance 

i have difficulties with this, but i dont know, you're not alone, you can try trusting it 

good luck

Edited by Mai-da
  • Like 1

Fear exist as a mechanisms top keep us from getting hurt.  From this way of looking at it , fear is not bad.   

But the way you seem to approach this energy is , i think, the key here.   You are talking about being afraid of losing control. Have you ever toguh that might exactly what you need?
And im not saying to let yourself be consumed by that dark energy/entity , but to re-purpose it. Directting it , not necessarily controlling it( thats the ego resistting it basically).

You need to choose you catalyst pro-proactively , or you might found youself on a , lets say , bad situation.

@Alex7 Gave you a good subgestion........... Sensory Deprivation Tanks , Bioenergetic work , Boundery Dissolving Psycodelics and  Other kind of Release Work( Have you try crying you heart out?? )

can all do the trick , but remeneber  , you got to do your best to trust the process of catalysis that will take place.  control is the Main self-preserving mechanism of the ego , be aware of this. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mèo Aki said:

Hi, your room looks very much like my photography darkroom in old days, I was very passionate about to print photos my self usually black&white, snow, clouds, water waves, tree shapes, happy parties...OK sorry. If you do meditation in the same room as you living, you have to make balance inside, light first withe halogen damnable(not led), fish tank works perfectly, add several pieces of wood frames with nature pictures, hang a wind chimes, dream catcher, etc. bring each separately with joy and story, ask friends for present, move furniture in to different places, think about your friends or siblings pick one in your mind Who need some help and each evening spend a 10-20 min by meditating How You could Help Him with all your love and appreciation. Leave yours traditional mediation for wile, get a cat :)  and it will be fine

P s. Alex I like yours ,,Noah Ark"

Edited by vincent
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your words, guys!
I've been trying to dive deep for some time now. From what my thoughts are telling me, I believe this fear is an big defense mechanism created by my subconscious in order to keep me away from seeing certain unlovable aspects of myself. So it would be an achievement of mine to be big enough to take care of those aspects. But I don't feel that capable.

12 hours ago, Mai-da said:

Are you sure it's the ego and mind doing all this as you say?

I'm not sure. But when I ask myself what would be so bad about letting go to the experience, the answer is that I would lose myself. But I know that I can never lose myself, so what is in fear must be my ego.

And you don't have to concern about me. I am a completely healthy human being ;). The feeling only gets dramatic when I try to be present with it.

11 hours ago, Morpheus Wildcard said:

You need to choose you catalyst pro-proactively , or you might found youself on a , lets say , bad situation.

What exactly is the bad situation? I'm actually in favour of the idea of letting go and let the fear penetrate me completely (so that I will be fearless?).

@vincent I do feel like trying your lovely suggestion, thanks!
btw, it's not of my room but a random image in the net, lol.

• Like 1

You dont let fear penetrate you, you let it BE you, it's already you, it IS you. Saying you are Letting the fear penetrate you sounds as if you are in control, or trying to be, which is another illusion created by the ego, who IS Fear! 

It's not something out of you, you integrate it , from rejecting it, to being it, integrating it, understanding it

Being possessed is not unhealthy

Resistance towards the possibility of being possessed is causing health issues 

Fear is essential, instinctive, survival tool, fearless is only possible when you become aware of the fear and integrate it, which means you carry it everywhere, but you dont act out of it , rather out of something bigger than yourself, which is still you, just whole

always easier said than done

good luck

Edited by Mai-da

Your fear is because a fractured, rejected part of yourself is surfacing to your awareness now, it means you are ready, and seeing the truth about yourself is not easy, it is painful and it involves resistance. Understanding the resistance is also good. It is there to keep you safe, sometimes safe from things we were taught are not acceptable, like fucking possession, it is tabboo, no one knows and accepts the multiple personality theory, because of the whole stigma around it, around the given meaning of the term :S

so it is super difficult to integrate stuff like that, and like consider that reality too

yeah

Edited by Mai-da
  • Like 1