Lionaide

Christianity & the New Age- contradictory?

5 posts in this topic

Christianity & the New Age- contradictory?

Steven Bancarz (formerly "spirit science") recently came out against the New Age and now is a devout Christian. I had a similar revelation and am now confused about the New Age movement because it seems to stand against Christianity, especially in the belief that "source" is impersonal. It seems like we are headed towards a shift in consciousness and I can't help to think that this is the second coming. I don't want to believe that my New Age beliefs are evil, yet after this experience I'm 100% positive Jesus is Lord. The two belief systems seem contradictory and while I am aware that there can be contradictory spiritual truths based on different dimensional levels, this one just doesn't seem to fit within the concept of "and consciousness." If Jesus is unconditional love, then every time you change yourself, you're sinning. What even is sin? How can someone with this kind of revelation integrate both belief systems? Is it even possible? Is the new age the devil in disguise? Is "Spirituality 2.0" code for Christianity? After this experience I cannot deny that Christianity is the supreme religion. 

This post is definitely controversial, but just wanted to see if there was anyone out there who shared these views and see what they thought. 

• Upvote 1

I love this topic! I just had a long discussion about this with my mom actually!

I definitely think there are common threads between the two, but we have to consider how many branches/sects there are of Christianity. Which one you talking about?! Lol. Also bear in mind, Christianity has its roots in a vastly different form of spirituality than what is typically practiced by most Christians today. A lot of "New Age" concepts are actually more like old age concepts brought back to life lol. So there's definitely a historical link between the two a lot of people aren't aware of (look into Mystery Schools/Ancient Egyptian wisdom teachings if interested). Yeshua & Mary were basically incarnations of divine energies that have seeded consciousness throughout the ages; the same energy/message always returns, just in different forms. It's like a template other people can "follow" (even though the template exists within us all). With that said, I think Christianity is sort of like a mask divine energy (Christ consciousness) can wear, but is not limited to. Otherwise you wouldn't see this energy reincarnating/spreading cross-culturally. No one is immune!

I've personally always sensed sort of darker energies at play under the guise of "Christianity" (fake christianity is what I call it lol). For example, a lot of concepts have been twisted or covered up to confuse the shit out of people and lead them astray. You can definitely identify as a Christian and not be balanced/in alignment with the highest good of all. Just look at its history. There is actually A LOT to be said about fake christianity in respect to how it was formed over time & gained its popularity :shudder.001:  It has hella blood on its hands, which to me adds truth to the phrase "the best place for the devil to hide is in religion."

Although I'm sure fear-based mentality can probably exist within both Christianity and New Ageism, depending on the individual, my general belief is that the awakening of Christ consciousness is the New Age lol. Right now, we have people interpreting Truth based on their current vibration, which may be still influenced by old programming, even if the actual individual appears to be "waking up." So messages may get lost in translation in a lot of cases, but I don't believe the momentum behind the New Age movement is negative. Not sure if I would say the same about Christianity as is today, but I do believe its origins and some of its current messages stem from a very pure form of consciousness. It's been diluted and pimped over time, though, which is why a lot of New Agers seem kind of opposed to it. Regardless, we are just in the beginning stages of really anchoring this form of consciousness in. We just have to follow the examples of those who expressed it before us, by being more balanced & heart-based and allowing healing to occur. 

Edited by vividgirl

On 9/28/2017 at 8:33 PM, You'reMyFavorite said:

Crazy elitist Satanists love the New Age movement. It molds people to not pay attention to them, and if we do pay attention and see thier evil, we are supposed to love them and see them as a divine God. New Age is like a safety net that also pools them together with good-hearted people in the same community. It's pretty much a war. Yep. And they will attack you psychologically.

:vrfrog.001:

Call me crazy

You're not crazy at all, and very good point. Any kind of a spiritual movement is gonna attract that type (whether it's popular or not), so it all depends on individual intent I suppose! :5:

The old paradigm is passing away and the new one is slowly becoming manifest.  The old kind of spiritual experience in the form of religion and spiritual texts is becoming obsolete for a great many people.  

There is no inherent incompatibility between Christianity and the new age movement.  Anything that could be gained from religion and holy books will, in the future, be found by the individual when they look inside, and a lot more besides.  The new age movement is the first rudimentary beginnings of that.

Because one is becoming senile and the other is still in it's infancy neither are really fit for purpose at this time unfortunately.   That isn't a reason to dismiss them though.

• Like 1

These are just my beliefs:

Jesus is what you make him. That's why to disprove Jesus is to disprove your own beliefs about him. Throughout history it has been seen as good or holy to be a christian. So it is of course difficult to see Jesus as bad or wrong because of societies attitude towards Jesus. You're ingrained with the idea of "holiness" and Jesus. 

But what is holiness good for except to follow Christianity? Except to ignore all the things "unholiness" has to teach?

Christianity does not help humanity progress and become better. It is not built for all humans. It is a timeline to get stuck on, and can be a fulfilling one as well. It's the focus on a god and his coming back. It's a focus on sharing the word of Jesus with others. It is a religion. A good and a bad. A world to become a part of. A mindset to become a part of.

Outside of Christianity you can see the harm it causes. Most all Christians hold harmful beliefs and do harmful actions. Not just the obvious "extreme" ones. Also privilege is a part of it too. Some minds and circumstances make it much easier for some to entertain the thought of being a christian. And a lot those who are outside those circumstances sees how harmful a lot of christian beliefs are.

The thing about Christianity it is not the god that is evil. Because the god in Christianity is what the Christians make him out to be. Unlike the "arch angels" and "masters" in the new age, Jesus is not a set spiritual entity. Jesus is an idea and a thoughtform. The holy spirit is the intuition and perceived power of that idea. 

The thing about Christianity is that the PEOPLE are the harmful ones. They choose to believe in sin. They choose to believe in their god's idea of right and wrong. They have glorified (literally) tunnel vision. They place their shadow (or "darkness") on a god who will forgive them and love them with more love than is possible from humans. They cultivate a relationship with this god, but do not cultivate a relationship with the world. It is a giving up of humane responsibility to please a godly father figure who has "better plans" for them. It is for those who give up on humanness. As the human is inherently sinful. But that does not solve anything. It's a belief system that will lead them to the same death that all humans end up. It will lead them to ignore the truth of the problems of the world and the capability to actually MAKE a better world all for the sake relationship with their perceived Jesus. It continues the cycle of suffering for those who do not so easily fit into the many Christian molds because Christians have chosen disconnection from humanity. Christianity lets the corrupted leaders be corrupted leaders. It lets the sinners be sinners. It lets the suffering suffer. It continues the cycle and reinvents the wheel. The only people who end up truly benefiting from this cycle are the Christians. (and maybe the government, ironic huh?) It is only a belief system. A belief system that disconnects you from the potential of humanity. In the end the world will still be suffering and the Christians will end up where all humans end up.

So if you choose to believe in the Christian Jesus then you better perceive him as the most loving being ever. Enjoy the game. It's your life. ...Unless you believe in oneness.

Edited by Geri