twisted love

getting into spirtuality has made me no care about other ppl?

6 posts in this topic

i used to be overly concerned with other ppl and their needs, and let ppl treat me like a doormat. and do things for ppl even if we were not really friends. i guesse ......idk i was depressed for a long time and i thought you have to meet your needs through others. that maybe if i make others like me eitehr i willl just feel better or they willhelp me and meet my needs. idk.....but since i got into spirtuallity i have become only concerend with myself and don't really care about others.......is this normal does anybody else feel like this. i wouldn't hurt or use others in any way. i just don't see the point in caring for other ppl? what is the point for caring for other ppl?

Well, let's say, every time you hang out with generic fool #1, you have so much fun it's just incredible. You have more fun with generic fool  #1 than anyone else ever, and so...you appreciate  generic fool #1. Can you understand why you would care if generic  fool #1 got killed in a car accident? ...you selfish asshole!? ;)

Well the fact you wouldn't hurt or use others shows you do care. I went through this, I think it's basically the process of the beginning of self love. Once you learn you can't meet your needs through others you abandon that practice. You begin to actually pay attention to yourself and it's all an consuming thing because you haven't done it for so long. But it's good allow this phase to happen. It changes, you get back to caring about others but in a way that doesn't leave you exhausted. Like Ana said fill your cup first

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Ana said:

We were all selfish, at one point or another in this big wheel of existence... It's good to recognize who we once were so we can reclaim those parts. 

We help our other parts - others, because we are one - by gently nudging them with Love.

I don't  think that there is anything wrong with being selfish, I think it's  the same thing as being honest. :)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, twisted love said:

i used to be overly concerned with other ppl and their needs, and let ppl treat me like a doormat. and do things for ppl even if we were not really friends. i guesse ......idk i was depressed for a long time and i thought you have to meet your needs through others. that maybe if i make others like me eitehr i willl just feel better or they willhelp me and meet my needs. idk.....but since i got into spirtuallity i have become only concerend with myself and don't really care about others.......is this normal does anybody else feel like this. i wouldn't hurt or use others in any way. i just don't see the point in caring for other ppl? what is the point for caring for other ppl?

You probably felt you needed to be loved by others and feel their presence so you could feel "whole" in a way. Now you tend to spend more time with yourself because I'm sure that you understand that you don't need others to feel some sort of validation for feel you NEED the love of others. In no way does this makes you heartless or selfish. This means that you are concentrating on yourself because you are working on improving yourself so that when you meet people it can be genuine, in a sense that you won't feel the need to be treated like a doormat in order to be accepted. From the understanding of all this lesson will grow the true UNCONDITIONAL LOVE towards others.

3 hours ago, twisted love said:

i just don't see the point in caring for other ppl? what is the point for caring for other ppl?

Once you understand all of this and unconditional love then you will see that you are everyone and everyone is you and you will TRULLY want to help others not in exchange of nothing but just out of unconditional love towards anyone and anything.

8 hours ago, twisted love said:

Lol this is Your time to build your inner strength.  

There is no point in caring for others.

I personally just do it because I see it as necessary I don't even get really good feeling out of it anymore I've just been solidified in giving since a child.

Still there's a period in time where too much helping does too much hurting to you so you gotta slow down the output to monitor your input if that makes sense. 

Your energy is shifting thats all just help people moderately as they cone and focus on your upliftment.