Garnet

Creativity and holding back

Creativity and holding back

I am trying to figure out the connection between the two.

Take a look at Teal's page "Articles". The articles are written but the videos to them are released at a later time depending on how stars align. Funny but true.

I've experienced similar many times too . Sometimes it goes as I see it. Sometimes it doesn't . Sometimes it is released quickly or right away. Sometimes it takes time. Naturally.  Sometimes it is almost there... but doesn't make it out... like my energy is not fully there with me so it just doesn't look alright as it is. Flawed or smth. Idk. I might go back to it later or I might nor at all.

Appreciate any insights ,  thoughts and experiences . 

Love ❤

Garnet 

Creativity is given to make the mundane a delight 

Yes there are energies that make certain prospects of creative work more favorable . but , the capacity to be creative is still in you . and you don't need to , go with the flow , although it can be easier in some ways .

I would think what would be holing you back in this aeria are the same enemy's that hold everything back . 

Fear , guilt , controle , lack , feeling like tour not good enough . 

Or a block preventing thing from coming in . 

Lack of inspiration , weather love or apathy , or lack of greatfull ness 

But I tell you , if you see a need fill that need . 

• Like 1

I'm going to speak entirely from personal experience here, please forgive me if it's mis-aimed or misattributed. This thread was posted a while ago, I totally acknowledge, but that bot's churned it back up to the surface. So to hell with it, Hiya Garnet. I've never seen this one before now, and I don't think you and I have really directly exchanged words before now either. Hi.

For genuinely creative things, the energy of the creator doesn't really have to be there with the energy of the beholder.

One of the most important examples I can think of, and one I actually struggle with often, is that of A Clockwork Orange, as written by Anthony Burgess. He didn't care whatsover for the novel. He's quite open about it: he wrote it to keep his publisher happy for a little while. It wasn't meant to be deep, or meaningful.

...but it worked out that way, with how people received it. It became something much bigger (in part, later on, thanks to Kubrik's obsessive personality and whims). Almost by accident, he wrote something that spoke to so many people, and presented a part of the human experience that was rarely tapped, that it became something far, far, far beyond what he had ever imagined or conceptualised as a creator. I remember reading a foreword by Anthony Burgess in which he directly decried the popularity of the novel, and was struggling to comprehend how anyone could find it so damn engaging. Not because it wasn't engaging, but because it wasn't what he had imagined for it, for any reader. His internal voice screamed 'no' at that novel, even though it was the most amazing thing he'd ever done.

From that, I take a lesson: just go for it, and to hell with people's expectations, even your own. If you have something in you, try to put it to whatever medium you're inclined to work with. Just try, no matter how hard it is. Holding back isn't a good energy, either for yourself, or the beholder of whatever it is you end up creating. Whatever you do, try not to  listen to that terrible voice in you that says 'no, don't do that'. That voice has nothing to contribute to the world, or at least, my version of it doesn't, and I imagine that of other peoples' are the same.

I really appreciate what Teal Swan contributes to the world... because I think in order to make the content she does, she conciously has to reject that voice that says 'no, don't do that, just stick to what you know works'. I think most people would do better to try and emulate what she does by also ignoring that voice in themselves. Be authentic, be real, contribute. Your voice is valued, even if not by yourself at the time.

Whatever you want to do, try to do it. So many people in the world don't try. I know, I hate every moment I'm one of those people. Maybe that lesson is applicable to you.

I don't know. But I hope you've entirely moved on past the issue. No idea, on this end. I say it as much for support for you, as support for myself. I think it applies to almost everone alive.

Edited by Done Now
  • Like 1

Heh, a little embarrasing for me! Let me know how it goes. I've had the audiobook saved in my computer for a long time, but never listened, it never even occured to me that I hadn't done it yet. Maybe I should now though. I've watched the Kubrick film so many times, read all kinds of things about it and the novel... but never read/listened to the novel itself, I have to admit. It never even occured to me, I just find the film so iconic, heh. 

Let me know how it goes, I'd be interested to hear what you think of it.

• Like 1