Joeyc

What makes art = art?

9 posts in this topic

What makes art = art?

Hi Tribe,

My biggest passion is drawing and writing stories.

With my art i's not always pleased. Because when I look at the drawings in the Internet , how detailed they are  . It feels like my drawings are just seemed weak. So I want to know What makes art = art ?

I would  like to be artist ( cause I consider myself an artist)

If someone could answer my question. it would be very nice <3:happy-yahoo-emoticon::love-struck-yahoo-emoticon:

Here down below you see some paintings/ drawings I made.

wolf face 2.5 unfertig.png

IMG_20170418_120607.jpg

IMG_20170905_214740.jpg

IMG_20160712_210303.jpg

_20170528_152547.JPG

IMG_20160608_160021.jpg

IMG_20170418_105806.jpg

Edited by Joeyc
  • Upvote 2

Lovely pictures! I believe behind each one interesting story. I vote for second and sixth. The art is when you attracted to journey of different perspectives

• Upvote 2

I think art is an ability to conduct emotions via something that can be perceived by the 5 basic senses (like images or sounds).

Being able to draw well is just a tool of a visual artist. A very important tool - no doubt about it - but it's not what makes art art. For example technical drawings (blueprints and such) require very well developed skills, but they conduct mostly information and thus generally are not considered art. On the contrary, some people can intuitively do amazing things with very limited tools - that's what "raw talent" is.

A badly tuned tool (=undeveloped skill) might be responsible for failure to conduct the feelings and emotions that authors intended to conduct. And that's a very good reason to work on your skills, sharpen your tools so to say.

I hope it makes sense :)

• Like 2

To appreciate art, one must be an artist. And I believe that deep down, everyone is an artist. Any further skills make you a drawer, a painter, a sculptor, etc which are skills or jobs we created for purpose in our society. Sometimes people get that twisted. We are a part of nature and nature itself is a work of art. Anyone expressing themselves is art. I find it hard to say “that’s bad” or “that’s good” art when all art comes from a place in the artist’s heart or soul. Who are we to judge. Keep on creating! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1