Mind's Eye

I had major breakthrough last night

I had major breakthrough last night

I was really depressed yesterday evening and I was really beating myself up with my thoughts. I was at the bottom.  I did something different this time though, I asked asked myself why I thought this way. My very next thought was "cause you're a piece of shit". Latter that night I used the restroom and for some reason I looked down and then I looked at myself. I did a few times and thought I look nothing like that then it hit me I'm not a piece of shit. I keep saying it over and over. For the first time I was okay with myself. 

So when you're feeling down and that little voice is beating you up ask it why. I hope this helps you along your journey call life. 

Have a great day. 

• Upvote 6

One of the breakthroughs I had ( a while back now) was:

Just because other people treated me like shit in the past, does not mean that I have to treat myself like shit now

Edited by Scot
  • Upvote 2

Hi Jon, good to hear from you again! 

Interesting breakthroughs... Had one also last night... i came across a video about body shaming and it made me think if it's ever going to be possible to say something to another about them that doesn't look like shaming ? in the end it's up to receiver to decide... For ex, we generally don't get upset if someone says that we need glasses because one can't see anything far away. But if it's about.... idk.... legs or something . .. then it's body shaming 

So i decided to post this

SmartSelectImage_2017-09-09-16-42-47.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you everyone for the support and for sharing your breakthroughs. I have another to share with you. I have accepted the fact that I have anxiety and it's not a "bad" thing. You want some but too much isn't helpful either. It's about keeping it in the middle and if you mess up try again a different way. 

Edited by Mind's Eye
  • Upvote 1