Jerry Tyfting

What is a connection with another?

10 posts in this topic

I want to share about something...wow like I have felt very negatively focused recently but bare with me because I want to learn about connecting.

Growing up I chose to be in my room alone a lot of the time. It felt a lot more comforting and safe to me than to hang out with my parents and brother. So in a way I chose isolation as a safety over connection because the beings available to connect with back then felt dangerous to me. I did interact with them a lot too but that deep sense of safety with another was not there. 
So anyway how I see a connection, it is based from the heart space. The core of your wants and the vibe of your being. When both beings want to connect and allow each other into their heart space seeing each other feelingly speaking.

• Upvote 2

For me true connection with someone is when i know i don't need to ask for it. It's just always there. It doesn't matter if i see this person every day or once a year for his/her birthday. It's a warm feeling in my heart of just knowing that i have a person/people like that in my life. 

When you have people like that in your life it makes you feel very happy to spend time together, but you and them are also happy when you're happy with someone else :) 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jerry Tyfting said:

Growing up I chose to be in my room alone a lot of the time. It felt a lot more comforting and safe to me than to hang out with my parents and brother. So in a way I chose isolation as a safety over connection because the beings available to connect with back then felt dangerous to me. I did interact with them a lot too but that deep sense of safety with another was not there. 
So anyway how I see a connection, it is based from the heart space. The core of your wants and the vibe of your being. When both beings want to connect and allow each other into their heart space seeing each other feelingly speaking.

I want to ask these questions before I can give you a good response.

• You said your room was more comfortable then to hang out with your parents or brother. Is it because they enjoyed doing certain things you didn't like to?
  • How where others more "dangerous"?

5 hours ago, Eric said:

Is it because they enjoyed doing certain things you didn't like to?

They enjoyed behaving in very emotionally abusive behavior many times and they called it love. I could feel the abuse but they did not listen to me or understood what I was talking about.
Also they had no idea of soft felt presence, even if they were physically with me the majority of the time energetically they might as well have been elsewhere.
When they did try to emotionally tend to me it felt bad.
So yea my room became a sanctuary for me.

5 hours ago, Eric said:

How where others more "dangerous"?

read above and you can see the danger because what I described happened almost everyday. True that I did have fun times with them but the core feeling beneath it all where so much pain that nobody was aware of.
As a sensitive child growing up who feels this repeatedly and gets invalidated when sharing what he feels...yea isolation feels a lot better than to constantly get treated like this. 

• Upvote 1