Andrew314

Question on Teal's video "A Child's Purpose"

3 posts in this topic

Question on Teal's video "A Child's Purpose"

I wanted to know how this relates to adopted kids. Would they energetically be an extension of your family or their genetic family. I'm just asking because I probably will adopt, and I'd like to know.

Hi Andrew... I just followed the video. I believe they will certainly be an extension of/to their biological parents, i think it's logical, (hope i am not wrong though) 

Since i heard this now, i have an insight on this and would like to give you an advice. I think it can be harder with adopted children since their are not the extension of your own subconscious, but someone else's. So, by being there for them and observing them, their interests, reactions, expressions of every kind, you will be able to know their biolgical parents. By letting them be who they are, you will be able to enable them to get closer to the vibration their parents held or are still holding, even probably enabling them to get closer to their true parents physically. So you are growing a child you know nothing about, but are willing to bring to life and provide this child the circonstances and means to understand his/her true parents. However, giving this child the means to accomplish their desires and uncover their "disabilities" (this disability word is so subjectively put, i am sorry :(, english is not my mother tongue) , i mean access their subconscious too, you can not be less loved than his/her true parents. However it is, they will get interested in their biological progenity at some point in their life for sure, and it should be acknowledged and cheered, supported, in my opinion. 

What is most revealing would actually be to follow your intuition and choose the child you resonate most with, you like the most, feel the most. This way, it will certainly, or is certainly carrying aspects of you, that you might be or not be aware of. People even usually do this, but if I had money and substances/occasion/circonstances/life that would provide shelter and blossoming to these children, i would certainly take whatever child, we are all precious, so.. 

Hope this helped,

cheers

Edited by Majda

Hi Andrew314,

Personally, I think if you raise kids (even adopted kids) then the way you were parented yourself will come up in your mind.  If you are open and aware then you will re-discover some the things you think your parents did right, and some of the things that you think your parents did wrong.  However, if you close your mind, and decide "the way my parents parented me was perfect, and I will do exactly the same thing" then you will miss the opportunity for growth.   So I think that your opportunity for growth comes from within YOU, not from the child.  And besides, adopting a child is just a damn, nice thing to do.

I think there are two models:  the strict parent model, and the nurturing parent model.  I believe in the nurturing parent model, and I think that Teal's video is totally "nurturing parent".

But I also think that the teaching actually goes BOTH ways.  We raise them to become good people (without crushing them), and they help us learn what we need to learn about ourselves.