Andrew314

Help understanding my belief.

Help understanding my belief.

So this is a weird question. I did some shadow work and I came across this belief, "The more in control I am the more out of control I feel." I'm having trouble understanding it and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on why this was happening. Just looking to better understand it, and I feel confused from that statement. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dear @Andrew314 and @hallucinogenic I'm sure this is simply a way that your conscious Self is trying to prevent you from truly believing that this is possible; that you can take the reins of control into your own hands. After all, your ego has been protecting you for so long now, from being in Trauma situations, of losing control, that it doesn't want you to get hurt, so is trying to protect you and use anything it can to do so.
So this is simply another method of control that the thinking, conscious brain of yours is using, wanting to protect you. A bit like an over-anxious parent but much more sinister.

You've seen those movies where the villain, murderer or heinous creature is unknown, lurking in shadows and therefore you feel shit-scared of it - only in the last few scenes for it to come out of the shadows and you go, "Oh, is that all it is...!" Meaning your imagination is much more powerful when its the unknown. But making the unknown known, will finally free you - after a bit of Cold Turkey you may yet go through!

Keep on the Path and while it's good to always question, know that you are heading the right way and you will, with perseverance, get there.

I wish you well - have a great journey,
crystal Rob 

• Upvote 2

To be in control of everything is a God-like state. Imagine you really know everything and in control of everything . Would there be a room for a surprise ? A mystery ? The Unknown ?

• Upvote 1

To try to control everything is "playing God" but having faith in a god or universal intelligence suggests that letting the infinite wisdom of the divine realm control things might be smarter than thinking we can control anything, except perhaps ourselves, in the spirit realm and beyond. when i am able to let go and let god then life becomes much simpler. My job is not to be in charge of my life, i don't even get to drive. i just get to crank up the bike and let out the clutch and hold on and try not to fall off. Whoo hoo! Enjoy the ride...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pastor George said:

To try to control everything is "playing God" but having faith in a god or universal intelligence suggests that letting the infinite wisdom of the divine realm control things might be smarter than thinking we can control anything, except perhaps ourselves, in the spirit realm and beyond.

Yes! That's it! Controlling everything is about being able to control oneself ! Not the most easy task ?

• Like 1