gelnn09

Depressed after breakup

Depressed after breakup

Hi!! I'm under depression after my breakup. This was the first relationship which lasted long (3 years). 
John moved to my place 6 months back and everything was fine (according to me). I didn't think about marriage before meeting John but he changed my views and I thought he would propose me one day. I saw a ring in the cupboard and I thought he was going to propose me. I called upon my best friend and asked her if it's too early to get married (I'm 24 years old). She asked me not to get overexcited about the ring, what if it's for some else. But I just kept dreaming about the proposal. 
When he came back from the office I asked him about the ring and he just yelled at me. I was shocked and shattered. He asked me not to interfere in his personal matters. He left my home and I was crying like a small kid. The next day I thought of apologizing for my behavior and I went to his place. I was shocked to see my best friend there. I asked for an explanation. Both of them were quite for some time and after that John said that he doesn't want to continue our relationship. Also, he said that the ring is for my best friend. I was shattered and I didn't know how to respond.  
After that incident, I locked myself in the room, stopped attending parties, etc (as I don't want to bump into my ex and my bestie). It's been 6 months since the breakup and I'm still longing for him. My mom said it would be better to undergo depression therapy from Toronto to overcome my present condition. So I'm thinking of giving it a shot. Any thoughts?   

So sorry to hear that gelnn09. It must have been really difficult on you. Breakup by itself is very difficult thing, and I think your situation is really a tough one.

I think you should allow yourself to grief for as much as you need. But also, do whatever you need to do to come out of this, whether that's undergoing therapy, leaving the place where you live, and be in a complete different environment with different and fresh vibes.

I understand how you feel about your ex right now, and how you still miss him, but you are worthy more than someone who lives with you and buys an engagement ring for your best friend while still being in a relationship with you.

So, be compassionate to yourself. You can do this.

Take care.

I agree, it's very nice wishes to go somewhere for fresh vibrations, just with one condition Don't think about what happened, we know that already is barely going to happen. We have to admit sometimes we see What We Want to see not What Is, and our picture of expectations floating out of the same page.  I would recommend CP, may some practitioners will be attracted to help with your story.

Some says if you borrow to somebody 20$ and that person never gives back to you it was worth it.

Cheer Up :)

Hi there,

Do you have a domestic violence assistance where you live? it's quite possible you can receive free counseling. You have been abused, and you could used someone who is trained in abuse to talk to to get to the root of your damage.  The only way to truly heal from this is to work on on your past. Did someone in your past mom or dad not spend much time with you? Making you feel abandoned?  Or were they too strict and wouldn't let you do very much at all and in your face yelling often, criticizing you? If not a parent, maybe another significant person in your life?