28 posts in this topic

Misophonia (4S) & HSP Problems

Hi everybody,

I've got a very particular issue with processing sounds, and truthfully I struggle with it so much. It's one of my biggest set-backs. Literally nobody has been able to help me enough with this problem to the point where I was able to achieve any kind of clarity with it or improvement. I have Misophonia, which means hatred of sound. It can also be called 4S, which stands for Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome. Certain sounds trigger me really badly, and instantly put me in fight or flight mode and I don't know why, because I'm not consciously thinking of any judgemental thoughts. I just panic when I hear chewing, or nails clipping, or sound coming through walls, or sound leaking out of somebody else's headphones... Misophonia tortures me and also comes along with so much guilt and confusion, because I feel like I can't function around certain sounds and it creates relationship trouble. Things would be much easier for me if I weren't so sensitive. But, on top of this, I'm a HSP, which means Highly Sensitive Person, and this means basically a whole other array of things create intense distress for me, mostly relating to the external sensory, but emotions too. 

Does anybody know from a spiritual perspective what this might mean for me and how something like this has manifested for me? Anybody know what it might be representing and how I can clear it from a spiritual level?

A lot of autistic people have sensitive hearing and have sensory over stimulation, so you might have some of that, I'm not calling you autistic, I hate labels, but I can see even "normal" or "neurotypical" having those sensitivities. I hate labels because that means there is a normal, then who decided this norm? its the socially accepted norm but people are different. I hate the sound of a vacuum cleaner, its too loud, maybe a couple others but the vacuum is what I think of.

so we have a ego which is everything you learned outside of you in this life, your experiences all of that, and the subconscious right in the middle, most are stuck In that perspective of believing the outside and the ego subconsciously believes that, we also have a soul, the nonphysical aspect of ourselves, which is what we are trained out of as kids, that is the layer above the ego. The heart (soul/objective truth/nonphysical) and the ego (brain/subjective truth/physical) contradict each other, we are limited by only listening to our ego and our subconscious is the creator but we can also create from the nonphysical aspect and the subconscious also agrees, this is what the placebo affect is, creating from the nonphysical aspect of ourselves rather then the physical. Masculine would be physical and thinking, and feminine is nonphysical/soul and feeling. we ignore the fuck out of the nonphysical thinking its woo woo, buts it's also a part of the design, you learn this from within and it has no accreditation which sucks! try getting in tune with this nonphysical aspect of yourself that exists inside of you.

Edited by Alex7
  • Upvote 3

Thank you for your response, Alex. I agree with what you've said and understand. My sister has Asperger's Syndrome so I do know that she went through sensory issues because of it. Now I know I don't have those symptoms but I do have the sensory issues. 

Thank you again. How do you think the second paragraph of what you wrote might directly relate to my questions?

• Upvote 2

Hi Jessica, i hear about this for the first time, but i am also very sensitive to external factors, sounds, visions, smells, light, movements... I very often use a site called ourspiritualnutrition, that addresses spiritual, emotional or mental causes behind all sorts of diseases and states. I checked if there is on misophonia, but there isnt, only as a Sensory processing disorder. You can also send the lady that takes care of the info on the site a mail and ask her personally, she will respond.

However, there is another way too to access the reason behind it, which is i think the completion process by Teal. I am not sure if you can disidentify from that part of you in the moments you are triggered in order to notice where does the trigger take you, in which part of your whole existence (past, in terms of 3D), but after time of meditating, alone time, introspective mode, you can locate the triggered part and communicate with it. I think this comes from a past life experience(s) and you might never change it, but u will understand it and it can eventually have lesser impact on your existence here and now. 

its what I think

Edited by Majda
  • Upvote 3

Majda, I found your response very useful. Thank you so much for that. I needed to hear it and I'm so thankful. I will take a look at contacting that woman and also perhaps speak to a Completion Process Practitioner and get some help with it in that process.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jessica Marie Blaine said:

Thank you again. How do you think the second paragraph of what you wrote might directly relate to my questions?

if you have questions about yourself you ask yourself, I was just telling you how to get answers from inside rather than outside with labels. you trace every belief and emotion back and you get to the soul eventually and that will tell you anything, and it comes from you, whether it was chosen before birth or trauma, it will tell you. it feels better when it comes from you rather than outside of you, from my opinion.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, You'reMyFavorite said:

ACKACKACKACKACKACKACK. PVVVVVVVV! PVVVVVVVVVV! ACKACKACKACKACKACKACK

HELL YES. Construction sounds deeply, DEEPLY, DEEEEEPLY disturb me. They enrage me. It feels like my auric field is being slashed.

Ah, I see. What you're describing is very different to what I'm going through. Misophonia is a neurological condition. It works the same as someone epileptic being triggered by flashing lights and going into a seizure. My response to noise is sudden, does not require judgement and is an instant trigger to set off a jolt response. It's more than just annoying. It feels like someone's burning my skin with a hot piece of metal. Every time they put it back on my skin in the same place, it hurts more and is an instant reaction to the pain. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, You'reMyFavorite said:

I've been singe a while, but I remember a girlfriend of mine who would complain about things because she was mad about something else. I really believe women have this tendancy more than men do (naturally anyway), and I believe misophonia is mostly occuring in women, yes?  

What your girlfriend was doing is called unawareness and it has nothing to do with the gender. Men can do it by backing off, passive agressive, as well as women, since that is their reaction because they dont know themselves, what they need, what they actually ask for etc. Unawareness is just a product of social conditioning and traumas, not really a natural phenomena or something. But it is natural to react that way on specific circonstances. Hers has nothing to do with self inflicting, i gave my answer, but i really believe it does not really provide a simple answer as that. But i am sire it is connected to deeper knowledge and a probable gift. 

• Upvote 1

Sure, there may be some subconscious issues or reasons behind this, but saying it's self-inflicted makes it sound as though I made a conscious effort to have this problem. I had just as much of an input with this as a kid with epilepsy does. There's a reason we attract these things, but I can guarantee it's nothing to do with being mad at something else and displacing my anger...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, You'reMyFavorite said:

Wow. That was so rude. Holy cow. 

I reported that. Let's see what the mods do. Something tells me they'll keep your comment up. Something tells me... I am much more in danger of being banned than you are. I've seen you do this before on this site. Nothing has ever happened to you.

That's an unfair fight. We can go at it. We can fight. That's fine by me. Just let me have the same freedom of speech and I'll defend myself.

yes I'm reporting him as well he's very rude

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joseph~ said:

Yeah he's been using this forum as an opportunity to talk down on others since the very beginning.

Unfortunately I believe you are allowed to troll as much as you want as long you're not Anti-Teal. I reported him too.

well that's ok.. I give it right back. He's just a person with no self worth. Him bullying others gives him a fake sense of self confidence. He's an abuser.. I pitty him actually. people like that have no idea what real happiness is, and never will because they can't see through their own pain.