Scot

Philosophy, psychology and spirituality

Philosophy, psychology and spirituality

We are all philosophers; we are all psychologists; and we are all on a spiritual journey, whether we know it or not.  

But it isn't clear to me where the boundaries are between these topics.

Philosophy is about looking at the underlying assumptions of things; creating and evaluating arguments; and trying to make sense of it all.  But it's also about what is the best way for a person to live.  In other words, it is about healthy living and healthy psychology.

Maybe psychology is about the mind and emotions and Spirituality is about the soul.  But where is the dividing line between the mind and the soul?  how do you differentiate between an emotional experience and a spiritual experience?

• Upvote 2

I believe everyone is different, whatever someone's blueprint is they are meant to be that way or their life path/experiences are is a part of their journey. There are enough perspectives and contradicting opinions that you will see truth and false on both sides depending on the perspective, when someone is one sided and takes out the spiritual, I don't care for their opinion because I know it exists and same with too spiritual, I think it needs to be both, but when I see people say this isn't true, that's their own belief system, and their own growth and they plateau their own spiritual evolution when they do that, but it could be their path, and you will always find people gravitate to people who have the same belief systems as them, like a community, the atheist community, the cross fit community, whatever you can think of, its just about being a part of a community and having a leader speak for that community, that "belief system" whatever it is. I don't know all the terminology of psychology, but I really do believe everything is inside of us, and if you have to get your information from regurgitated information from famous dead philosophers you respect that's going to be a shit philosopher lol, still debating if god is real, its real, now move the fuck on, evolve, take your ass to India and meat a yogi, or to china, open your world out of this western society box of the physical and mind.

I'm super honest with myself, super honest, so when I fast and trace everything back we are animals, we like to pretend we aren't but we are animals that's why you see humans capable of killing and raping and these sorts of things, because that animal part exists in us, if you know yourself and the body well enough you will get there, some are just scared to get there thinking they are fucked up or sick, when that's just the animal part, a lot of the stuff isn't politically correct and it's taboo but if you trace everything back in yourself you will see, we aren't these bodies so when you are in your soul perspective you can see all of it, even what we call bad, we want to pretend we are these superior beings, which we are, but we are animals otherwise we wouldn't be killing each other and being in survival mode. What exists in one exists in all, but you have to know yourself, or the self to even know that, the highest exist here which would be like a Jesus character which all of that is possible, this is a hologram and the soul can hack this shit, and you have the lowest. Depending on who I'm talking to they will see what I wrote as just a belief system because it doesn't go with their own subjective truth, everyone is at their own level of awareness and subjective truth, but the evolving never ends, I think it's all the same, its just what people will and wont looking at depending on their own biases, of finding anecdotal evidence that benefits them, whatever it is it could be justified because truth is subjective here depending on the perspective. From my experience when you reach the soul level the objective truth part you see that people are in boxes of belief systems and the subconscious is the creator and decides what truth and false is depending on that persons life experiences and belief systems they were born into. Also a collective has belief systems too, western society and that collective is not the truth it is just a belief system existing in our subconscious and the subconscious makes it true because its the creator, and we get indoctrinated into this limited belief system at birth and keep perpetuated the same old shit, how illness and emotions don't go together, when that is the cause, we just live in a unhealthy society so you will see people get sick because its matching the society, some souls actually picked to be sick as hard as that is for the ego to believe, but most have emotional trauma and eat like shit so the body is reacting to it.

• Upvote 1

wow, interesting topic

i like the last question, it is a bit confusing recognising emotional vs. spiritual experience... But in the end we are not our emotions, neither we are our thoughts. I have no idea to be honest, good topic

Alex, i enjoyed your post. What you say about philosophers is so true, but you are addressing egotistical philosophers, while the spirit of a philosopher is truly i think concerned with questions, he wonders, he asks, he seeks, so we all are yes, but some ppl are however more practical... Now Gemini and Pisces ascendant can really embrace their polarity, not all can (easily) (hi :) ) so, from this perspective, I have a question for @Alex7 Do you expose your self all the time to different perspectives? do you switch gradually, or fast, noticing it, or letting it go, going with the flow, enjoying it, or? i hate switching, that's why, i don't like the polarity, and there are many sublayers too, (multiple personalities). Do you observe yourself easily? you have maybe passed this already, or are very much in tune with yourself and you don't mind anything in you, i dont know... However, I am sure it is easier for Gemini to understand the contradiction. 

I love the animal reference, i need to remind myself more of this :)) 

cheers, love ya all

• Upvote 1

if i think twice, and examine todays moments, i think emotional experience are rather connected to the body and the lower chakras, their reactions, spiritual are somehow maybe connected to the eyes, and higher chakras... 

not sure ?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Majda said:

wow, interesting topic

i like the last question, it is a bit confusing recognising emotional vs. spiritual experience... But in the end we are not our emotions, neither we are our thoughts. I have no idea to be honest, good topic

Alex, i enjoyed your post. What you say about philosophers is so true, but you are addressing egotistical philosophers, while the spirit of a philosopher is truly i think concerned with questions, he wonders, he asks, he seeks, so we all are yes, but some ppl are however more practical... Now Gemini and Pisces ascendant can really embrace their polarity, not all can (easily) (hi :) ) so, from this perspective, I have a question for @Alex7 Do you expose your self all the time to different perspectives? do you switch gradually, or fast, noticing it, or letting it go, going with the flow, enjoying it, or? i hate switching, that's why, i don't like the polarity, and there are many sublayers too, (multiple personalities). Do you observe yourself easily? you have maybe passed this already, or are very much in tune with yourself and you don't mind anything in you, i dont know... However, I am sure it is easier for Gemini to understand the contradiction. 

I love the animal reference, i need to remind myself more of this :)) 

cheers, love ya all

I know myself at a core level but I only open up as much as people know themselves I cant talk about darkness in me or stuff like that knowing people wont understand it meanwhile its in them they just haven't observed that in themselves, and I love to evolve, I cant help it I love to evolve. So because I got to the point where I trust my higher self and can differentiate between soul and ego I can fast for a long time and feel fine because I am aware of this nonphysical energy and light body, my subconscious agreed this is real so now I don't get tired and I traced back addictions and belief systems to get to my core self of who I am, and my soul can just tell me objective truth and explain to me how to do something or how that is possible because I've had other lives doing this, I'm just doing it again in this life, we are just that disconnected from who we are which is Source in a body. I don't have an emotional attachment to truth or any addictions so I can see the big picture. When I have an addiction I feel it and trace it and change it, this is the same with a belief I trace it back and change it, I know I can live of my light body because I traced it back to have that level of awareness, because I love to evolve lol Once the subconscious knows something to be true it will be, and my subconscious knows my higher self this nonphysical multidimensional aspect of me is real, so it listen to that and tell it how being able to live with nothing is possible, because inside my light body is on, on the outside I'm just not eating, but inside everything is constantly autocorrecting because I now have my soul perspective, not the ego perspective. Everyone can do this, you just have to trace everything back, we were brainwashed day one lol The soul is like the placebo affect on steroids, the soul is perfect but the ego is flawed and limited because of the influence people have on it and living in this society its not normal to be educated in this soul part of life. I get no accreditation for me wanting to evolve but yeah it's all real, We are waking up again. I can eat by the way, its just when the subconscious knows it doesn't have to because the light body is on so its getting "fuel" from inside rather than outside. Don't even believe me, but if you trace back every emotion you are trying to avoid with an addiction and trace back every belief you get to the same awareness and when you connect with your heart and can feel truth in people you will listen to that above anything. Remember the heart (soul/source/objective truth) and the ego (brain/illusion/temporary self) contradict each other, the subconscious is like the middle man, but it's the creator and you can't lie to it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Alex7 said:

know

Wow, I really got excited while reading your post, @Alex7

I have found that while the 'light body' is on, I also don't require sleep or not much. I definitely relate to your comment.

• Upvote 2