Sign in to follow this  
Tugglebee

Purpose of Spirit Guides--Why do we need them?

Purpose of Spirit Guides--Why do we need them?

Im not sure how to go about this, but here it goes..... The thought simply popped up in my head one day, and really made me think, and kind of confused me a bit. What is the purpose of a Spirit Guide/Extraterrestrial Beings/Angels? I understand they are beings that guide us spiritually and morally, but it popped into my head that it is simply "me" giving me the answers. What I mean is, from my spiritual understanding and what I have learned, the universe (and everything in it) is me and i am it. So therefore what is this "separate" being everyone in these spiritual "classifications" claim to have, and why havnt they realized it is simply themselves? What would be the purpose of them? Is it because the dimension and society we dwell is one of duality and separateness, therefore these beings come to us when we are in need, simply to keep the psyche balanced and to give comfort to those who feel lonely? Same goes for the negativity that people call "The Devil," "demons," "poltergeists," "ghosts,"etc...is it simply a trick of the mind/soul to aid in "snapping you out" of some negative thing that has been plaguing you? I know no one will probably have a definitive answer, but I just wanted to see if anyone, even Teal, has come to this conclusion? or am i being tricked somehow by my overthinking...?

• Upvote 1

We've  been interacting with our spirit guides the whole time, they benefit from our expansion which is also they're expansion. The first question is like asking why do you need yourself? The purpose is expansion which is desire which means following our joy so they're just doing what they love which is assist  you. But to be honest the way to the clearest answer would be to  connect with yourself and ask them. They aren't hiding from you.  The perception of separation is only a perception so It makes sense that we perceive our thoughts and emotions or interpretations of our spirit guides in a separate manner and the way we use language will reflect this. Hope that gotcha closer to the answer! 

• Like 1

This is a really interesting question that I have never thought of before. In response to your part about demons, I understand them as separate entities that only resonate with us because we are a match with them on some level. So, they can essentially reflect to us what is in us that needs attention that we may not otherwise see. And, i guess, on some level, if you are willing to see them, then there is some part of you that wants to "snap out" or integrate whatever it is reflecting. I think this is an area that things get really paradoxical, which can help us understand how the ideas of separateness are actually just ways to bring us back to understanding the connectedness of it all. I'm really curious to hear if you've given this any more thought and what conclusions you've come up with!

Edited by Courtney Callahan