ashley_kumar

Dealing with Hate in the World?

9 posts in this topic

Dealing with Hate in the World?

Hey all, 

I've been recently feeling overwhelmed with many reactions I've been seeing online that has lead to feelings of anxiety and despair. I do not watch the news for obvious reasons. However, I seem to be lining up with seeing hateful comments online of people just going at each other over very petty things (in the grand scheme of things) like religion, politics, race, etc. I can't shake this feeling of needing to say something every time and for some weird reason keep thinking that if I provide a juxtaposed opinion, maybe these people will see how hateful they are being towards one another. That obviously never works and I end up feeling super overwhelmed with how vitriolic humans can be. I disconnect from it, try to focus my mind elsewhere, but I feel like I'm just taking on all the world's hatred and/or feeling like the world is going to shit (forgive my language). Has anyone else felt this way and/or feeling this way right now? What helps you guys? Any recommendations are seriously appreciated. :shudder.001:

You sound like you feel the same way I do.   I usually feel like if I can just explain my perspective again, and make it clear that this is my perspective then the other person will understand.   However, if one side is not willing to even listen to the other then the conversation isn't going to go anywhere.

how many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?  Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change.

i recently came across "integral philosophy".  One of the ideas is that there are levels of consciousness.  At one level (red level) there is a warring, us vs. them, you are either with me or against me mentality.  At another level (green modern level) there is a realization that we all have to share this planet and there is no "us" vs. "them".  There is only "us".  (All of the whole human race).  There is also an "integral" level that comes to realize that all of the levels are important and very necessary.

lastly, I have also been listening to a podcast series called Live Awake.  One of the podcasts is "our warring self vs our infinite self (releasing anger)". One time when I was particularly upset I listened to this episode and I really released my frustrations and came to much more calmness.  Try listening to that podcast.

• Upvote 1

I think we are In the middle of history right now and some shit is going to go down in our lifetime, life has become like the movie idiocracy I'm not even joking. Yeah I don't know what will happen but I think we can all feel it.

• Upvote 1

@Scot you hit the nail on the head with everything you have said. I keep trying to remind myself that I can't change someone's mindset if they themselves don't want to change, but needless to say it's hard. It's amazing because I feel like I live in my own bubble where I believe many perspectives should be "common sense" if you will, yet I'm always surprised by the amount of hateful perspective people choose to put out in the universe. I will most definitely take a listen to that podcast, thank you so much for recommending it! 

@Alex7 Oh yeah. I figured I chose to be born during this time for something, guess it's amping up & we'll all see soon. I figure it's going to be super destructive and just tank any faith I have in humanity, but I guess at the end of it we'll hopefully come out better? Odd because I feel like we keep going through similar situations with similar lessons for humanity yet we make the same mistakes every single time. I'm just so frustrated and wish we'd all just get it together. It feels like there are two sides of us right now, those of us who see the bigger picture and choose love and obviously the other being those of us who are so fearful we choose the exact opposite. I feel the need to reach out and try to help these people, but like Scot said, can't help people who don't want to be helped. Guess they serve our expansion in some way too so just gotta get over my need to have everyone on the train I guess! I hear ya on the movie bit, I can't believe some of the things I'm seeing, hearing, living, you name it, right now. 

• Upvote 2

I was wondering about this earlier because of the whole Charlottesville thing going on and asked myself "What is the positive aspect?" Then brainstormed how this could be positively affecting us. 

We've come to understand why people are the way they are and now I find myself interested in seeing the bigger picture. That perspective is what sometimes helps me be neutral towards hate. What do you think? 

• Upvote 1

@Chakra I find myself thinking the same thing, but I think I get too emotionally invested and/or take it upon myself to somehow work through the emotions of what's collectively going on. I tried to take a step back and look at it through the lens of the bigger picture and I feel that it's just a release. I feel that a lot of the acceptance and progressiveness we had in the 60s and onwards got a bunch of people on the train towards acceptance and coming together, but it also left behind people. What we're seeing now is that divide with each operating at different levels. One group is choosing love and the other fear. What do you think?

• Upvote 1

In regard to the recent global events, I believe that this revealing the shadow of the collective consciousness and many on the "other" side are threatened by how things are quickly shifting. There is duality in everything. As far as bigger perspective consciousness is shifting and revealing shadow patterns that have been generational (racism, discrimination, sexuality). As Teal has said we will reach a point where people must choose to integrate or exit the Earth. I do believe this is the only the beginning and in order for healing to take place, we must experience the opposite (chaos). 

• Upvote 1

@JasmineB Thanks for replying. I totally agree with you. Why do you think I'm taking on so much negative emotion from this? I'm not usually one to take much of this seriously as I understand the purpose, but this is definitely new for me. I don't know if it's something within me or if I'm processing emotions of the collective. I'd like your take on it if possible! 

If it does affect you in some way there may be some "unresolved" trauma around that particular event or situation. The best thing you can do is write out your emotions and try to connect the dots to any circumstances or situations that are related to that.  We are currently experiencing a mercury retrograde so traumas and limiting beliefs tend to arise. If this is something new to you I would definitely explore it through writing it down or meditating! I hope this helps!

• Upvote 1